Best Moz solo gig you've been to and you wish you'd have been to?

Solnahallen '97 (I wish it woud've been Globen '95 though).

and finally, Stockholm 2009, argueably not his best show, but I finally got the chance to meet Mikael, who is a top bloke :thumb:

I take it you have forgiven the slight "getting to the show on time" hick-up then?;) The pleasure and the privilege was mine though, first time for me to have the pleasure of having a fellow nut to hang out with for a few days. The perfect Englishman (in all the best senses of the word) and the added bonus of your better half (in all senses of the word).

That's enough compliments to go around for a while:blushing:

from the 8-9 gigs I saw, Tel Aviv, Israel July 2008 was the best. It also happens to be a great bootleg widely available for download.

Perth 2004 The punkiest gig since,well, punk .

i would say out of most recent ones... ventura ca 2009 and nyc bowery ballroom 2009

well the only one I've been to til now
17-7-2006
Morrissey @ Villa Arconati, Bollate (MI)

I was totally in a trance, I've been waiting for that moment for years, so I don't have many memories.....some kind of estasi.
then I had tickets for both Rimini gigs last summer but......ehm......

Dublin Nov 2009 - scary as i was there on my own, i was black and blue from 'the shirt fight' and I couldn't remember where my hotel was (didn't bloodywell say on my room key),.. and but i'm so glad i went, it was a phenomenal night... perfect:thumb:

Feb 1995 - First time i saw Moz, and it was in my home town in its Civic Centre - most of the crowd invaded the stage, it was quite an emotional experience.:)

Any concert at the Glasgow Barrowlands Ballroom has been great:D

Worst was Alexandra Palace 2009 - he was bored....

I've only been to 6 Moz gigs. I wish i'd been to.... more, don't care which ones, just more:p

Has anyone mentioned Liverpool Royal Court 1999? Unbelievable gig and set-list...

You're Gonna Need Someone On Your Side
The Boy Racer
Billy Budd
Speedway
Is It Really So Strange?
Hairdresser On Fire
Lost
Tomorrow
Break Up The Family
Now My Heart Is Full
November Spawned A Monster
Reader Meet Author
Alma Matters
Sunny
Trouble Loves Me
Meat Is Murder
/Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me

I'd put Manchester Apollo 1992 a close second. Hearing "Jack The Ripper" live before I'd even heard the recorded version was astonishing...

Has to be Bradford St Georges Hall in Autumn 2002

Had not seen Morrissey live since 1992 and was amazed by power of his performance - the audience went crazy and I was more or less at front

Can still remember waking up wife when got back home at 1am to tell her he had sung Hand in Glove

Magic!!

Has anyone mentioned Liverpool Royal Court 1999? Unbelievable gig and set-list...

The Boy Racer
Billy Budd
Speedway
Is It Really So Strange?
Hairdresser On Fire
Lost
Tomorrow
Break Up The Family
Now My Heart Is Full
Reader Meet Author
Alma Matters
Sunny
Trouble Loves Me
Meat Is Murder

I'd put Manchester Apollo 1992 a close second. Hearing "Jack The Ripper" live before I'd even heard the recorded version was astonishing...

Very good concert indeed

Has to be Bradford St Georges Hall in Autumn 2002

Had not seen Morrissey live since 1992 and was amazed by power of his performance - the audience went crazy and I was more or less at front

Can still remember waking up wife when got back home at 1am to tell her he had sung Hand in Glove

Magic!!

This was also around the time of the Blackburn gig. The energy was so intense and the setlist will never be bettered.

The Boy Racer
Billy Budd
Speedway
Is It Really So Strange?
Hairdresser On Fire
Lost
Tomorrow
Break Up The Family
Now My Heart Is Full
Reader Meet Author
Alma Matters
Sunny
Trouble Loves Me
Meat Is Murder

I was at both, but have to say that the Apollo was probably the worst of the Your Arsenal gigs I attended. I always blamed this gig for Morrissey avoiding Manchester for so long. I was at the front where it was plain to see that he wasn't enjoying the night.

This is one of my favourites. We were desperate to go but had no tickets and decided to travel to London to risk it with the touts. On the way out of the tube I just happened to speak to a young lad who was selling tickets in the 4th row centre at face value. It was an amazing and wonderful night.

But the real favourite has to be Hyde Park because my husband proposed. In the middle of a huge crowd as we jumped up and down he just slipped the ring on. Very private and secret in this very public space. And then I was like...umm, Morrissey is on stage..and we carried on dancing and jumping.

Twas excellent, went with my lad then 13, he's now seen Moz at Gmex, City Hall and Donny dome, Palladium was special though, maybe it was the DJ that Morrissey wore,

I'm getting very hungry for some beltin new material,

Back
Top Bottom