Best Moz solo gig you've been to and you wish you'd have been to?

BBC Radio Theatre last year. Unbelievable.

Peter

Oh well, I managed to see The Smiths in 1986, celebrated 20th anniversary in Rome 2006.

28th May 2006 gig was also very special, I eternally grateful to a very kind man who persuaded the people in charge of guest list to release tickets of unattended guests for two of us.

I couldnt get tickets for the apollo gigs ,it must have been awesome.I live not far from Manchester and it hurt.So just stayed in and got smashed

Rome, Ostia Antica...Tormentor's Tour...

Seeing Moz play in a Roman Amphitheatre, the (many) stage invasions, the ancient ruins and later (much later) drinking the hotel bar dry...

i agree - the venue and the weather were fantastic - "mama roma" he should do more gigs in unusual venues !!!

chicago 06 at the aragon ballroom, the third and final us date for that year. was on the barrier stage left, closed the show with please please, i'll never forget it.

ann arbor 07 at the michigan theatre, no barrier right up front was able to get a good hand shake, just a great show.

My 30th birthday..I remember that show if it was yesterday..Hearing William live was fantastic.

chicago 06 at the aragon ballroom, the third and final us date for that year. was on the barrier stage left, closed the show with please please, i'll never forget it.
QUOTE]

RAH 2009 since the energy was so intense just days after Moz's collapse. Also Madison Square Garden 1991. Wish I'd gone to the Irish shows (Belfast, Omagh, Killarney, Galway) 2009 - those are my regrets last tour.

Last edited:
Cant decide between, Hanley 91 when Moz pleaded for his new black 501 jacket to be returned back to him after it somehow ended up in the crowd (the jacket is shown on the photo of We Hate It When Our Friends........ front cover - which was taken backstage at Hanley)

Or the last Palladuim show in 06 - thanks to the 2 surprises in the setlist (opening with Panic, and closing with Stop Me.., after 29 previous dates of a pretty much static setlist).

Wish I went to Wolverhampton in 88, only found out the day beforehand though.

Last edited:
First - Liverpool Royal Court Mar 27 1985
Best - Liverpool Empire Jul 24 1991 & Liverpool, Royal Court Sep 9 2004
Weirdest - Bradford St. George's Hall Feb 16 1995
Most memorable - M.E.N. Arena, Manchester 22 May 2004
Worst - London, Alexandra Palace May 1 2006

I'm not good with dates - thank goodness for PJLM. Though i do have all the concert ticket stubs.

I know that the first one is The Smiths but I only went to see Moz. :)

I wish I'd gone to heaps more but you can't have everything. I'd like to see him once more before we die.

Well besides Smiths gigs:
1. Wolv Civic Hall....'88- obviously - with my mate's wonderful tshirts on - a lot of the que had them on too!!! advertising in the NME made him a fortune. Halcyon days! with a walkman pro down my codpiece! Selling a spare ASK cassette single for 20 quid too as it was 'rare' !!

2. Both RAH 'return' gigs Sept, 02 - besides the anxiety of getting tickets, and walking past Harry Hill a couple of times, the atmosphere for his return and the 'new' songs - simply wonderful.

3. MEN gig May 04 - great set list and someone handing me a set of badges thinking I had dropped them under their seat by accident- result!

Regards,
FWD

Well besides Smiths gigs:
1. Wolv Civic Hall....'88- obviously - with my mate's wonderful tshirts on - a lot of the que had them on too!!! advertising in the NME made him a fortune. Halcyon days! with a walkman pro down my codpiece! Selling a spare ASK cassette single for 20 quid too as it was 'rare' !!

2. Both RAH 'return' gigs Sept, 02 - besides the anxiety of getting tickets, and walking past Harry Hill a couple of times, the atmosphere for his return and the 'new' songs - simply wonderful.

3. MEN gig May 04 - great set list and someone handing me a set of badges thinking I had dropped them under their seat by accident- result!

Regards,
FWD

:lbf:

That may have been me! - I had three sets already and you looked needy.

I wish I had been to the Birthday gigs, or the last gig he played in Dublin, I heard that one was one of the greatest.

I must say I am very thankful I was able to attend the Bowery Ballroom show in March of last year. It really was quite an intimate affair. We were all packed together so tightly. And we were SO freaking close to him and the band, all cramed on that tiny stage. So I got the mic and went on a tangent, big deal. It was a fantastic show.

Also, Roundhouse Camden 08 night 3 for me was also one of the best. As well as DAR Constitution Hall Nov 2nd 2008; first and only time I got on stage. My friend won 2nd row seats on the radio that morning thanks to asking me the answers to some Moz trivia. Just the personal victory all around that day :)

I must say I am very thankful I was able to attend the Bowery Ballroom show in March of last year. It really was quite an intimate affair. We were all packed together so tightly. And we were SO freaking close to him and the band, all cramed on that tiny stage. So I got the mic and went on a tangent, big deal. It was a fantastic show.

:mock::thumb::guitar:

Last edited by a moderator:
my favorite moment ever at a show (except for numerous handshakes)

My favorite solo song played for the first time since 1991.

Last edited by a moderator:
Manchester MEN 2004 was awesome, it cost me a fortune to drive up from somerset and the cost of a hotel for the night, but to see Moz play Manchester on his birthday was too tempting to ignore, great set list as well.

The RAH 2009, due to the uncertainty on whether he was going to turn up or not, but we had our train tickets and the hotel was already paid for, so we were off to London whatever.

and finally, Stockholm 2009, argueably not his best show, but I finally got the chance to meet Mikael, who is a top bloke :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom