Best Morrissey Song Ever, Final!

The Best Morrissey Song Ever (Ever...)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
this would make a great Best Of CD. though i don't think i ever heard Lost (anyone send it over to me?). plus i would add a few more songs to this mix for a kickass CD release:

Maladjusted
Reader Meet Author (acoustic version we heard from that demo. i like it and would make the release interesting)
In the Future When All's Well
Disapointed
Sing Your Life

oh and take out I Have Forgiven you Jesus
and make sure Jack The Ripper is the Studio version for a change.

Do that, and you have a well rounded, diverse Best of CD release with 19 tracks.

Last edited:
I think that the fact he played them live, most of them recently, is one of the reasons these songs are in the final

Yes, you could be right. In the Morrissey final all finalists have been performed live, 6 of them this year, and among them the number 2,3 and 4.

1) Everyday Is Like Sunday (Last performed in 2004)
2) Life Is A Pigsty (Last performed in 2006)
3) Now My Heart Is Full (Last performed in 2006)
4) Trouble Loves me (Last performed in 2006)
5) Jack The Ripper (Last performed in 2004)
6) Suedehead (Last performed in 2006)
7) Late Night, Maudlin St (Last performed in 2002)
8) Speedway (Last performed in 2002)
9) Why Don’t You Find Out For Yourself (Last performed in 1997)
10) The Last Of The Famous International Playboys (Last performed in 1992)
11) First of The Gang To Die (Last performed in 2006)
12) The National Front Disco (Last performed in 1995)
13) Hairdresser On Fire (Last performed in 2004)
14) I Have Forgiven Jesus (Last performed in 2006)
15) Lost (Last performed in 2000)

Thanks as always friend! Nice to see a Cobrin song as well, seems like everone has got their piece of the cake (except Jesse...).

But November Spawned A Monster isn't there!! :( :eek: How did that happen?!

My all-time favourite Moz song is Jack The Ripper, but November is close behind... I voted for Life Is A Pigsty (yes, it might not be the best song, objectively, some lines are a bit silly, but... it's just so moving :o ) and Suedehead - I'm glad that I Have Forgiven Jesus is on the list, I almost voted for it - it used to be my favourite Moz song for some time... damn, this is so hard to choose!

Some other favourites of mine are missing... I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday, Seasick Yet Still Docked, Alsatian Cousin... and I also love some B-sides that I would have known weren't going to make it (I'd Love To, Whatever Happens I Love You, Nobody Loves Us...)

I don't see what's THAT appealing about Everyday Is Like Sunday... sure, it's a good song and all, but...well, maybe it's just because I never lived in a boring sea-side town, so I don't feel the connection.

If you were voting on the musical score alone thought then I'd argue that most of the songs we'd be voting on would be completely different.

For example, would we really be voting songs like Jack the Ripper and Maudlin Street on musical grounds? The lyrics on Maudlin Street and Moz's melodies on Jack the Ripper are what make those songs rather than the musical backing. Just a thought!

Based on musical score alone, I would choose November Spawned a Monster and probably Alsatian Cousin. Jack The Ripper and Late Night... have tunes that work wonderfully with the lyrics and Morrissey's voice, but wouldn't be particularly great without them.

i dream about playing the tambourine in Moz's band during Everyday is Like Sunday. No joke. It's very subtle, it's only in the chorus, but it's BRILLIANT.

Back
Top Bottom