Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Jonny Bridgewood

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • Gary Day

Votes: 37 37.4%
  • Solomon Walker

Votes: 12 12.1%

• Total voters
It's Rourke, obviously, but Gary was cooler.

And as any 5th grader knows, being cool is what counts.

Andy Rourke....he should reunite with Mr Moz, he's already done it with Mr Marr in 2006 and Mr Joyce on loads of occasions!

He's such a cool Bassist too! :cool: Come on....Barbarism Begins At Home, beat that! :p

Really like Sol Walker. Got a good stage presence.

I'm mainly amused by the idea that Morrissey has a sibling rhythm section. Long may it last.

I voted for Andy (of course) and also Jonny Bridgewood because I love his bass on Boxers, Reader Meet Author, and Alma Matters. His playing is "jumpy" which reminds me a bit of Mike Mills from R.E.M. and he seems like a nice, laid back guy on that Jewel in the Crown DVD. Can't forget Gary though, with Let Me Kiss You and Tomorrow being my favorite of his bass lines.

I voted for Rourke and Gary Day. "This Charming Man" and "Rusholme Ruffians" are two songs I cite for Rourke and the intro to 'Glamorous Glue' and 'Tomorrow' is what I could think of for Gary.

Same for Glamorous Glue, E G and A isnt a great stretch either, Mozz could knock that out himself.

It's Gotta be Andy but I'd vote for Bedders 2nd cause he's all over Kill Uncle, and he played on all those great Madness records

Andy`s funky baselines on Charming man, as tuneful as Marrs 12 string guitar, you werely just need to humn the baseline. Moz said he was a spare part from a lawnmower, simply not true............

I'd go for Rourke and Bridgewood. Rourke's compositions are insane. It's like.. his riffs wouldn't fit the songs if you'd hear he guitar and bass seperately, but in a way it's so full and amazing what he does. Songs inside of songs. His basslines are also not the easiest to play either.

Gary is really cool, but what he does is not that hard actually. Good bassist though.... just sayin'.

Yes I play bass as well...

Back
Top Bottom