Poll Best Morrissey album release of the past 10 years

Best Morrissey album release of the past 10 years?

• Total voters

Thewlis

Very Senior Member
Just before the new album comes out (fingers crossed) what is your fave Moz-album release of the past 10 years?

Material-wise, obviously TIM. But feels silly voting for a greatest hits, so I chose Dog. The rest is more or less shite.

Ignoring TIM (compilation), but re; the 4 remaining, I love them all...even the much maligned LIHS.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess it's only fair to judge based on the standard version of World Peace, so I went for I am Not a Dog.

I have to say that as cover albums go, California Son is also an enjoyable listen. Really interesting material that has a personal connection to Morrissey and high quality vocals throughout.

The problem with World Peace is that the best song comes from the deluxe bonus disc 🙃. But it's still Moz's best album of the last decade.

Good poll idea. I admit I love California Son because a covers album was a nice surprise, he sings beautifully, and the production (sound quality) is really good. I like the other albums too but there’s always one or two songs that ruin the album for me. Bobby. Anyway, I’d expect that World Peace wins this poll, it’s a great album and it was a good time for Morrissey (and us).

This is Morrissey:
Have a go merchant, Whatever happens, You're the one for me and The harsh truth: among his worst ever songs. Proof that not everything in the '90's was gold. He just sabotates himself here.
Satellite of love: why a cover?
Suedehead: I hate remixes
Lucky lisp: weakest song on Bona Drag

California Son: I don't care about covers. Not a Morrissey album

Both World Peace and Low contain some of his best ever material, and very good musicianship, if we are able to actually listen without prejudice or nostalgia.

Last edited:
This is Morrissey:
Have a go merchant, Whatever happens, You're the one for me and The harsh truth: among his worst songs. He just sabotates himself here.

Both World Peace and Low contain some of his best ever material, and very good musicianship, if we are able to actually listen without prejudice or nostalgia.
Yeah one could say that a covers album isn’t a real Morrissey album. But the way he turned every song into his own makes it such a great album for me.

Yeah one could say that a covers album isn’t a real Morrissey album. But the way he turned every song into his own makes it such a great album for me.
Make it your own is the aim and the reason you make a cover, otherwise there's karaoke.

For me World Peace. A great album with equally wonderful extra tracks.

Really love the first half of High School too, the second half not so much.

This is Morrissey:
Have a go merchant, Whatever happens, You're the one for me and The harsh truth: among his worst ever songs. Proof that not everything in the '90's was gold. He just sabotates himself here.

The tracks selected for This Is Morrissey has to go down as odd. All those 90's additions are as you say, not very good. The added bonus of SOL and the remix of Suedehead are also baffling. A very poor album IMO. World Peace would take the crown, should one be issued.

I voted for world peace is none of your business. Most people prefer "dog", but I think world peace has more interesting lyrics and music.

I'll give it to WPINOYB which for some reason has not aged so well for me, but I still find the bonus tracks stellar.

Include the deluxe songs from World Peace and it's pretty close as both that and Dog on a Chain have about 6 brilliant songs.
But if it's just the basic version of World Peace then 'Dog' is easily the best.

Not only is the answer California Son, but it's not even close -- bite me.

Back
Top Bottom