Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Pete Yorn

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Other...

Votes: 7 19.4%

• Total voters

Johan de Witt

Last edited:
There is NO such thing as a decent cover of a morrissey track.:(It is sacrilege and goes against all the laws of decency. DOWN with Moz covers!!

I went with Other.
Morrissey, that is:p

I generally have no problems with Smiths/Moz covers, some of them are quite exciting. Placebo did a fine job with "Bigmouth Strikes Again". Kirsty Maccoll's "You Just Haven't Earned It Yet, Baby" is even better than the original i think.

With "There Is A Light That Never Goes Out" I just can't decide between the cover versions by The Divine Comedy and Neil Finn, and I have no time to listen to all the others, so I didnt vote.

I have a funny little CD by a band (project?) called "The Ukrainians" - with folksy covers of "Bigmouth Strikes Again", "The Queen Is Dead", "Meat Is Murder" and "What Difference Does It Make" - sung in Ukrainian. Lovely.

Smiths/Moz songs are no holy cows.

Wow, I didn't know so many cover versions.
I haven't listened none of them though. :o

There is NO such thing as a decent cover of a morrissey track.:(It is sacrilege and goes against all the laws of decency. DOWN with Moz covers!!

I have said that about every Morrissey cover ever done! Why do people think they can outdue the best?? :( Beats me....

By the way....if that is you in your avatar Hellie, you're very very pretty! :) ;)

I have a funny little CD by a band (project?) called "The Ukrainians" - with folksy covers of "Bigmouth Strikes Again", "The Queen Is Dead", "Meat Is Murder" and "What Difference Does It Make" - sung in Ukrainian. Lovely.

I've heard them do Bigmouth and they're great! I'd vote for them.

Imitation is the highest form of flattery.
Which cover is featured at the start of the these things take time documentary? That's pretty good imo :)

Anyone know who did the version of there is a light at the end of the
THESE THINGS TAKE TIME documentary?

cossy

By the way....if that is you in your avatar Hellie, you're very very pretty! :) ;)[/QUOTE]

Thanks- I`m 38 soon (edging towards forty and a nervous breakdown)and NOT happy about it so its nice of you to say.....but I do think you need to buy some glasses.:pI haven`t had a wolf whistle in a decade.:(

Thanks- I`m 38 soon (edging towards forty and a nervous breakdown)and NOT happy about it so its nice of you to say.....but I do think you need to buy some glasses.:pI haven`t had a wolf whistle in a decade.:(

You don't look it!! Trust me.....Though I am not near 40....my mom who is a year younger than Moz, said that her 40's are some of her best year's yet! Of course there was a bit of a breakdown, but after that, she's lovin it!

LOL...I do have glasses, but they serve me right...! :D

What's a wolf whistle?? :p

The Divine Comedy.

I don't think it's amazing or anything, but it's better than the rest, and their music is always fantastic

Back
Top Bottom