Best and worst presents you ever got?

almareallymatters

Best:- Surprize tickets for Morrissey at Earls Court (2004) :guitar:

Worst:- A Brita water filter and some oven gloves (yesterday) :tears:

You?

Love Alma xxx

Best and worst were both from my ex-hubby:
Best - Henry my horse, the best horse in the world:D
Worst - one of those little hand held dust hoovers for Christmas. Then he wonders why I left him:p

best- Plasma Tv

Worst- Bloody pyjamas and slippers! Every Christmas/birthday I get like a thousand of each, I'm not 80 years old with a metal hip, these people need to be told :(

Interesting that my best present is still the same...but my worst just worser (not a word I know....but there you go...I spit in the eye of oven gloves!!!)

Yeah but you know you're secretly digging the Brita filter. It'll make your tea taste better! But if it came from your lover I'd be pissed too.

BEST: 1999 SAAB 900,paid in full.:D

WORST:gift card to The Outback Steakhouse,Hello! I have not had meat in years and years and years!:rolleyes:

Yeah but you know you're secretly digging the Brita filter. It'll make your tea taste better! But if it came from your lover I'd be pissed too.

Nah...it was from my brother-in-law and his wife...I was secretly "digging it" I admit...until I saw the price of the replacement cartridges!!...but both my kids do reckon the water tastes better...mind over matter maybe? We shall see...but I have a horrid feeling once the first cartridge needs replacing it'll end up in the back of my kitchen cupboard with the frothy coffee machine and the electric can opener!

The oven gloves?...well they really are shit...no question!

Love Alma xxx

Last edited:
Nah...it was from my brother-in-law and his wife...I was secretly "digging it" I admit...until I saw the price of the replacement cartridges!!...but both my kids do reckon the water tastes better...mind over matter maybe? We shall see...but I have a horrid feeling once the first cartridge needs replacing it'll end up in the back of my kitchen cupboard with the frothy coffee machine and the electric can opener!

The oven gloves?...well they really are shit...no question!

Love Alma xxx

Actually the cartridges last a long time, longer than they say. My only problem with it is I frequently spill the water after filling while I transport it to the fridge. It's not intuitive that the water is in the top half of the pitcher and the balance is all wonky. Then again I'm a clutz.

You should wear the oven gloves when you go out. Make it a fashion trend. Turn that shit to gold!

Actually the cartridges last a long time, longer than they say. My only problem with it is I frequently spill the water after filling while I transport it to the fridge. It's not intuitive that the water is in the top half of the pitcher and the balance is all wonky. Then again I'm a clutz.

You should wear the oven gloves when you go out. Make it a fashion trend. Turn that shit to gold!

Welcome to clutzville! :o

My Brita has a little flashing light that tells you when the filter needs replacing...my sister-in-law says they last about a month.

Not sure about wearing the oven gloves out...could be a little restrictive when I'm flailing about to Moz...and it would be a right bastard trying to lift up a wine glass...which would never do! ;)

Love Alma xxx

Last edited:
Not sure about wearing the oven gloves out...could be a little restrictive when I'm flailing about to Moz...and it would be a right bastard trying to lift up a wine glass...which would never do! ;)

Love Alma xxx

True, true. Well, I tried. :)

Best - Tickets to see Morrissey at the Roundhouse:cool::guitar:

Worst - Tickets to see morrissey at the Roundhouse only to end up with bloody Russell Brand and Johnathan Ross:tears::(:mad:

Very funny.

Best:- Surprize tickets for Morrissey at Earls Court (2004) :guitar:

Worst:- A Brita water filter and some oven gloves (yesterday) :tears:

You?

Love Alma xxx
worst: a vomit inducing handbag, with a picture of a kitten in a tiara (with dimonte) on it given to me by someone who should know better. The best: well, my cat was a present from an ex (who I promptly left :D ) but I love the duck hubby got me for xmas :)

Worst - I was pregnant during my birthday and my dad sends me this hideous green fleece one piece zip up blanket suit in a size XXL- It was so enormous that my husband, my daughter, and I all fit in it with room to spare... He said he wanted to make sure that I could wear it all through my pregnancy... Honestly what did he think I was having shamu's baby??? - oh and to make it worse it had my name stitched on it - so I wouldn't need to worry about someone taking it by mistake....

Best Present - An all day spa package from my husband & girls... Heaven!!!!

This was a sort of best and worst at the same time:):)

My brother took a picture of Morrissey that he knew I loved and got it burnt into the top part of a wooden toilet seat as birthday present for me. I was part horrified when I opened it and it showed on my face:(.

It is now in my cupboard gathering dust as I would never throw it away but conversely I dont know what to do with it:p

This was a sort of best and worst at the same time:):)

My brother took a picture of Morrissey that he knew I loved and got it burnt into the top part of a wooden toilet seat as birthday present for me. I was part horrified when I opened it and it showed on my face:(.

It is now in my cupboard gathering dust as I would never throw it away but conversely I dont know what to do with it:p

Please post a pic of it!

Back
Top Bottom