Best and worst lyric changes in concert

David

Worst has to be a tie between:

She said, "I know you and you cannot sing."
I said, "Of course I can you silly thing!"

and:

England's a swine
And it owes me a living

He messed with two of my favorite lines there, but hey. They both sounded great actually, but the originals were perfect, IMO.

Best for me would be:

Can you tease me into an empty page of your diary
Psychologically shave me,
I have faith in you.

When he said, "I'm gonna screw you,"
I felt quite happy for you.

And lastly:

I've heard that you'll try anyone twice.

:)

Last edited:
one of my favourites is:

"Someone kindly told me that you collected.... very sharp bread knives"

Don;t really like the lyric changes to 'Please please please.....'

Ok City Tormentor tour:

Suedehead: U had to sneak into my room just to play, 'Your Arsenal' The sad ol bitch can b clever when she wants to b. ;)

"Get your fat ass back to the ghetto" has become something of a modern classic.

I didn't much like the Republican and Democrat line in "Irish Blood..." Not because of the symbolism, it just didn't fit very well.

Also "I entered nothing/and nobody entered me" seemed a little cheesy. We knew that was the implication anyway, no need to spell it out.

Coiff.

I didn't much like the Republican and Democrat line in "Irish Blood..." Not because of the symbolism, it just didn't fit very well.

I agree, only because an additional two minutes' thought would have provided him a way to carry the change on through Oliver Cromwell... I did a paper on him in 11th grade, but nobody listened while I gave it, and I don't think most American know who the hell he is. Present company excepted, of course.

I was always fond of:

To be Finnish would be a relief

And

Please depressing Belgians

I'll have to ponder on this a bit more...

I don't like the way he's changed Please Please to:

"For once in my life, let me get who I want"

It ruins the unversal sentiment of the song for me.

I don't like the way he's changed Please Please to:

"For once in my life, let me get who I want"

It ruins the unversal sentiment of the song for me.

Actually, "Let me have who I want". I completely agree - it's a distressing change. Some things are sacred!

I can't seem to remember most of my faves... time to break out the bootlegs!

Also "I entered nothing/and nobody entered me"
Coiff.

Add "Until you came with a key Ouch! and did your best for us":rolleyes:

I prefer "in ruins" to "confused".

Good one is "I will lie down and be sat on", and "It's impossible for our flesh to combine" I take too.

is not the best or the worst ...

but do you remember the one where he sang about his testicals .. that was funny , think it happened in newbury or somewhere

Yes that was from the live version of 'Tomorrow'
something along the lines of 'i;ve got two testicals....

Visconti is me
Magnani you'll never be

he sang at some concerts inc berlin 2006
changing too

"Visconti is me,
DIANA DORS you will always be"

i love that because my name is diana too and even he sang (of course) about a different diana i was delighted to hear him sing my name as well as the william`s and sheila`s morrissey fans in the world :)

say my name say my name...when no one is around you....(...) you better say my name..*lol*

I was always fond of:

To be Finnish would be a relief

And

Please depressing Belgians

I'll have to ponder on this a bit more...

When did he sing that?:D What was the gig?

When did he sing that?:D What was the gig?

"At some point into "The Teachers Are Afraid Of The Pupils", Morrissey jokingly sang "To be Finnish would be a relief" instead of "To be finished would be a relief", but since the joke was probably lost on most, he then sang "To be Swedish would be a relief"."
27 October 1997
Civic Arts Plaza, Thousand Oaks, CA

From Passions Just Like Mine

:D

"At some point into "The Teachers Are Afraid Of The Pupils", Morrissey jokingly sang "To be Finnish would be a relief" instead of "To be finished would be a relief", but since the joke was probably lost on most, he then sang "To be Swedish would be a relief"."
27 October 1997
Civic Arts Plaza, Thousand Oaks, CA

From Passions Just Like Mine

:D

LOL!:D That's got to be one of my favourite lyric changes. I also love "Of course I can you silly thing!" and the comment he made about "I Can Have Both" and ice cream (can't remember what concert that was...)

Back
Top Bottom