best albums of 2003....so far

F

fryman

I'm curious to know what you're listening to. Let me know if it's any good.

I think The Cardigans album is excellent. I know a lot of people will disagree but they're all c***s. The 8 Mile soundtrack is great. Still Love The Libertines album. The New Robyn Hitchcock album, Luxor, is far from his best but still has some charm. Black Box Recorder's album is their usual excellent. The new Brian Wilson produced compilation Pet Projects has some amazing moments.

Re:Bands Sidewinder and Stazi!!!!

I am not sure if they have got any albums out yet. But "Sindwinder" are a new band from Hull and Andy Rourke likes them. And "Stazi" are from around Manchester I think. I saw "Stazi" perform when they came to London with the singer Rowetta. I can see why Rowetta likes them because they combine that Electronic Dance music with that Indie thing like the Happy Mondays did a bit and they have dancers with them but unlike Bez these dancers wear masks!!! and I think they might be gay and that is ok by me. I had never seen anything like "Stazi" before and I did find them a bit strange but they were quite funny as well. Their music takes influences from everywhere and Andy Rourke likes "Stazi" and has bought some of their stuff. "Stazi" play around Manchester quite a bit.

> I'm curious to know what you're listening to. Let me know if it's any
> good.

This is my-best of for 2003 so far.

Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds - Nocturama (a bit dissapointing - very much in the vein of No More Shall We Part)
Massive Attack - 100th Window (ditto - I don't think Sinead O'Connor's voice works in this context - altho' I do like her)
Teenage Fanclub - Four Thousand Seven Hundred and Sixty Six Seconds (best-of)
Turin Brakes - Ether Song (much better than 'The Optimist' IMHO)
Joe Jackson - Volume IV
Placebo - Sleeping With Ghosts
Aphex Twin - 26 Mixes for Cash (some brilliant, some not-so)
Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars [Live]
Cat Power - You Are Free

> I'm curious to know what you're listening to. Let me know if it's any
> good.
The new White Stripes is great.. cover of 'I just don't know what to do with myself' is essential..

The new Blur is ... challenging..

I liked Boomslang too.. Is that a crime.

Back
Top Bottom