Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Swords

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Years Of Refusal

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Very Best Of

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I don’t understand this at all. Central? Anyhoo, I voted for my darling Maladjusted.

You should make these polls so we can see who voted for what.

01. Years of refusal
02. You are the quarry
03. Maladjusted
04. Southpaw grammar
05. Ringleader of the tormentors

1. Maladjusted
2. Quarry
3. Tormentors
4. Refusal
5. Southpaw

However, I love each and everyone of these records.

I cast my vote for Years of Refusal, which I prefer just a shade over You Are the Quarry—currently on pace to win this poll. Quarry contains more great songs, but I Like You drags it down. The lame lyrics, the electro-throbbing intro, the zero quality of the music. Refusal doesn't have a terrible track like that. I understand the people who criticize much of Refusal as "chug rock," but even on the most generic-sounding songs, the lyrics are outstanding. He's at his most mordant and cutting. And it has the best cover of his solo career.

For me an easy vote for YATQ. BTW, am I the only one who thinks original albums and compilations should be in separate polls?

am i missing something,what does central period even mean.

am i missing something,what does central period even mean.
The "central period" is not a widely used or established term, and its definition can vary based on the individual who is using it. In the context of Morrissey's discography, "central period" could refer to a specific time frame during his career when he released his most popular or highly regarded albums. The exact time frame that constitutes the "central period" may be subjective and depend on the individual who is making the assessment.

In general, however, Morrissey has been active since the early 1980s and has released numerous albums over the years. Some of his most popular and critically acclaimed albums include "The Smiths" (1984), "Meat is Murder" (1985), and "Viva Hate" (1988). These albums are often considered to be some of his best work, and are considered to be part of his "central period" by some fans and critics. However, the exact definition of the "central period" can vary, and opinions about Morrissey's best album releases can be subjective and depend on individual taste.

"Middle period" could be a more accurate way of referring to a specific time frame in Morrissey's career. The 1990s are often considered to be the "middle period" of Morrissey's career, during which he continued to release albums and tour extensively. During this time, he released albums such as "Your Arsenal" (1992), "Vauxhall and I" (1994), and "Maladjusted" (1997), which are widely regarded as some of his best work from this time period. The 1990s were a significant time in Morrissey's career, and his music from this period continues to be popular and influential to this day.

Those HMV/Parlophone singles were my teenage lifeblood
For clarity: i’m not voting for anything because i always fail Morrissey polls!

I don't know what The Sound Of... is so I voted for that one. What could it possibly be? Am I missing something or are they referring to The Sound Of The Smiths? If so why?

I don't know what The Sound Of... is so I voted for that one. What could it possibly be? Am I missing something or are they referring to The Sound Of The Smiths? If so why?
Why not? These polls have all included The Smiths.

1. Quarry 9/10
2. Maladjusted 8/10
3. Ringleaders 8/10
4. Southpaw 8/10
5. Refusal 7/10

Good 15 years for Moz!

Back
Top Bottom