best album for a newbie morrissey smiths fan

meat_is_murder19

i was wondering what is best album to listen to iam newbie to morrissey and the smith i heard the headmasters ritual and loved it wondering if u guys has eney ideas if his best songs thanks

It all depends. For starters get Louder Than Bombs or Hatful Of Hollow. I really think all the best work by the Smiths is in their compilations.

For Morrissey get Your Arsenal if you like harder rock (plenty of rockabilly), and Vauxhall & I if you like softer more gentle music. A must get... Bona Drag.

Hatfull of Hollow for the Smiths (or the Queen is Dead).

And Beethoven was Deaf for Moz and Vauxhall and I.

I believe Hatfull and Beethoven was Deaf give a real flavour for his qualityness (is that a word??) live and the sheer brilliance of his/their B sides. Plus TQID and V&I are absolutely must have albums for Music fans let alone Morrissey/Smiths fans.

Vauxhall and I (Esp: National Front Disco) is a masterpiece in understanding of the feelings of parts of British Culture that has a skewed view of the world. Natioanl Front disco for the Youth, Find out for Yourself up and coming 'pop stars' and Morrisseys response with Your the one for me Fatty - Morrissey response to a world that doesnt accpet 'outsiders'

Listen and watch your ears weep.

I'd say - Smiths - Queen is dead or Strangeways, here we come

Morrissey - Bona Drag, Vauxhall and I or Quarry

Hatfull of Hollow for the Smiths (or the Queen is Dead).

And Beethoven was Deaf for Moz and Vauxhall and I.

I believe Hatfull and Beethoven was Deaf give a real flavour for his qualityness (is that a word??) live and the sheer brilliance of his/their B sides. Plus TQID and V&I are absolutely must have albums for Music fans let alone Morrissey/Smiths fans.

Vauxhall and I (Esp: National Front Disco) is a masterpiece in understanding of the feelings of parts of British Culture that has a skewed view of the world. Natioanl Front disco for the Youth, Find out for Yourself up and coming 'pop stars' and Morrisseys response with Your the one for me Fatty - Morrissey response to a world that doesnt accpet 'outsiders'

Listen and watch your ears weep.

National Front Disco is indeed a splendid song but you won't find it on Vauxhall. It's on Your Arsenal.

Unfortunately (and in my humble) all the Moz solo albums are patchy affairs so I would deffo recommend the compilations. Bona Drag is brilliant (containing all the early singles when Moz got in tried and tested songwriters). I also love the one which is just called 'best' and has the Spanish exclamation mark. That is a brilliant compilation spanning the firts 10 years including lots of the big early singles as well as a few lesser known gems like Lost, Sing Your Life, and Alma.
Early Burglary Years is also pretty good...

National Front Disco is indeed a splendid song but you won't find it on Vauxhall. It's on Your Arsenal.

Oh my god I cant believe I made that mistake. I meant to do a post recommending both albums and link them together.... However, work got in the way and I forgot what I was meant to be wrtining. And look now I cant even spell Im so ashamed.

I will go and start listening to the new Gwen Stefani song post haste. It's all im good for now.

The Smiths Singles......Queen is Dead.....Strangeways....from Moz if you want to hear the "new" stuff get You Are the Quarry and Ringleaders. You'll eventually have them all anyway. One of my favorite albums is Southpaw Grammer which is not necessarily his most popular. Malajusted has some good songs.....Trouble Loves Me is one of my favorite Moz songs....but the overall album is not great. The same with Kill Uncle....love Our Frank....but overall a weak effort.

Back
Top Bottom