Bernard Sumner (New Order) on Morrissey

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/...e-hated-work-and-normality-1.3952803?mode=amp

Excerpt:
Did Johnny broach the subject of his former bandmate, Morrissey, and his increasingly questionable endorsements of a far-right fringe party called For Britain?

“I think we questioned his dubious politics,” Sumner answers. “He has become a bit toxic, hasn’t he? The world has gone a bit like that at the moment. We were only discussing this at dinner last night. It’s gone a bit pear-shaped. These are very strange times and a lot of things don’t seem to make sense. We’ve got Brexit in the UK. I’m not a fan. Obviously you’ve got Mr Trump. I find it difficult to call him President Trump. Let’s call him Resident Trump.”

View attachment 51132 Hope tonight is as good as the last time they played Jodrell Bank.
I didn't understand how New Order could play at Jodrell Bank which I thought was a space centre, telescopes and an observatory. Do they play in the "Jodrell Bank Discovery Centre"? Jodrell Bank is in Cheshire not far from Macclesfield?

There is the Jodrell Bank Visitor Centre and an arboretum, and the Lovell Telescope which is the third largest steerable radio telescope in the world and the observatory. There are three other active telescopes at the observatory.

What I understand now is that there is a music festival there at Jodrell Bank. "Bluedot" is a music, science and culture event held annually in July since 2016 at Jodrell Bank Observatory in Cheshire, England, combining music, live science experiments, expert talks and immersive artworks.

The festival is named after Pale Blue Dot, a famous 1990 photograph of planet Earth popularised by Carl Sagan.

Since 2016, acts performing at the "Bluedot" festival have included New Order, Orbital, Underworld, Alt-J, Goldfrapp, Jean-Michel Jarre, The Chemical Brothers, Gary Numan, Hot Chip and The Flaming Lips. Kraftwerk are scheduled to headline Saturday at the 2019 event.

Bluedot festival: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluedot_Festival

Jodrell Bank Observatory: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jodrell_Bank_Observatory

There is also a Macclesfield festival: https://www.macclesfieldfestival.co.uk/

You like the rest of the gamma crew need to start facing reality. Know and understand the words you use. Morrissey is not racist, neither am i. Nor do i have a problem with someone having feelings for the same gender. I am against sodomy and the gay agenda being promoted though. Nationalism is an argument you can't face so stop spamming every thread till you make a real argument against it. Morrissey is a Nationalist and that's a good thing. Stop spreading nonsense about Morrissey and practice being truthful.

Now before you go being a hypocrite and have a gamma meltdown over my word choices , let's look at one of Your favorite words c*** "c*** is a vulgar word for the vulva or vagina and is also used as a term of disparagement. Reflecting different national usages, c*** is described as a "usually disparaging and obscene" term for a woman ... Wikipedia"

Lol, f*** off you f***ing wanker.

F0309B8B-1888-420F-B16A-0BA719406931.jpeg
I didn't understand how New Order could play at Jodrell Bank which I thought was a space centre, telescopes and an observatory. Do they play in the "Jodrell Bank Discovery Centre"? Jodrell Bank is in Cheshire not far from Macclesfield?

There is the Jodrell Bank Visitor Centre and an arboretum, and the Lovell Telescope which is the third largest steerable radio telescope in the world and the observatory. There are three other active telescopes at the observatory.

What I understand now is that there is a music festival there at Jodrell Bank. "Bluedot" is a music, science and culture event held annually in July since 2016 at Jodrell Bank Observatory in Cheshire, England, combining music, live science experiments, expert talks and immersive artworks.

The festival is named after Pale Blue Dot, a famous 1990 photograph of planet Earth popularised by Carl Sagan.

Since 2016, acts performing at the "Bluedot" festival have included New Order, Orbital, Underworld, Alt-J, Goldfrapp, Jean-Michel Jarre, The Chemical Brothers, Gary Numan, Hot Chip and The Flaming Lips. Kraftwerk are scheduled to headline Saturday at the 2019 event.

Bluedot festival: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluedot_Festival

Jodrell Bank Observatory: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jodrell_Bank_Observatory

There is also a Macclesfield festival: https://www.macclesfieldfestival.co.uk/

Yes, the bands play under the telescope as you can see from this picture taken tonight, they create an outdoor space with a capacity for 21000 people. It’s the second time New Order have played there, the last time was with Johnny Marr in 2013.

View attachment 51140

Yes, the bands play under the telescope as you can see from this picture taken tonight, they create an outdoor space with a capacity for 21000 people. It’s the second time New Order have played there, the last time was with Johnny Marr in 2013.
It's incredible the way people find it in them to still go to gigs. Many of the even older than me. I was always a moving on kind of guy so for times of my life I was into things but always knowing it's not for life.

But some people will stick to it and the sad thing these days or for ages rather is that gigs have become events where people stand still and at most nod their heads to the rhythm. I am glad I was part of the glory days cause nowadays there seems to be no fun at all at gigs.

Same with football same with everything else. But for those people it is a way to say they at least experienced something this summer although it was completely soul destroying and void of any kind of life or spontaneous outburst.

Sad times we live in....

New Order plays mostly odd places, like this particular telescope center.:straightface: because they dont draw regularly at normal venues. :straightface:
it will take thirty five years for them to be able to draw a crowd there again.
:mad:

if they were to play next year silent apathy would be the crowd.:lbf:

poor roundish twats.:lbf:

It's incredible the way people find it in them to still go to gigs. Many of the even older than me. I was always a moving on kind of guy so for times of my life I was into things but always knowing it's not for life.

But some people will stick to it and the sad thing these days or for ages rather is that gigs have become events where people stand still and at most nod their heads to the rhythm. I am glad I was part of the glory days cause nowadays there seems to be no fun at all at gigs.

Same with football same with everything else. But for those people it is a way to say they at least experienced something this summer although it was completely soul destroying and void of any kind of life or spontaneous outburst.

Sad times we live in....

Depends whether your a boring bastard or not. I love going to gigs and always enjoy myself.

Seeing The National and Echo and the Bunnymen in the next few months but really looking forward to seeing New Order playing 4 nights at the Filmore in Miami at the start of 2020

Last edited:
Depends whether your a boring bastard or not. I love going to gigs and always enjoy myself.
Yeah there is that but then again it is like the great people stopped going and the boring ones stayed. I sincerely doubt you can enjoy yourself in these times unless standing there like a mannequin with a lukewarm beer is your thing.

I mean the whole pulse and energy has gone out of it. People used to leave gigs dripping with sweat nursing all kinds of injuries.

I know I did.

New Order plays mostly odd places, like this particular telescope center.:straightface: because they dont draw regularly at normal venues. :straightface:
it will take thirty five years for them to be able to draw a crowd there again.
:mad:

if they were to play next year silent apathy would be the crowd.:lbf:

poor roundish twats.:lbf:
Yeah apathy is what you find at gigs now. Mostly kids who think they can relive the glory when it died out ages ago.

Sad really.

Sad times we live in....

See, now this is the perfect post you'd expect to see on a Morrissey forum! Not all that political crap!

See, now this is the perfect post you'd expect to see on a Morrissey forum! Not all that political crap!
I only posted to become popular and get the expected answer from someone who felt perhaps a bit attacked by it.
And yes that was the kind of posts we used to have here before everyone turned into a political commentator.

You like the rest of the gamma crew need to start facing reality. Know and understand the words you use. Morrissey is not racist, neither am i. Nor do i have a problem with someone having feelings for the same gender. I am against sodomy and the gay agenda being promoted though. Nationalism is an argument you can't face so stop spamming every thread till you make a real argument against it. Morrissey is a Nationalist and that's a good thing. Stop spreading nonsense about Morrissey and practice being truthful.

I think the state of the world today is the best argument against nationalism. We could all be incinerated at any moment and it's all a way to keep the ultra wealthy in power. Military budgets take tax dollars and fund it towards things that we all hope will never be used.
Creating nations is not in itself a bad idea but "Nationalism" where the nation is considered somehow sacred is a dangerous and stupid concept. It's artificial and it's treated like it's a real thing. People cling to it because they desire order and need an authority to be in charge. It's like making citizenship of a state into a sort of religion.

Now before you go being a hypocrite and have a gamma meltdown over my word choices , let's look at one of Your favorite words c*** "c*** is a vulgar word for the vulva or vagina and is also used as a term of disparagement. Reflecting different national usages, c*** is described as a "usually disparaging and obscene" term for a woman ... Wikipedia"
What's the problem with sodomy though ? I mean, I understand that one would criticize the "gay agenda" : as a homosexual myself, I surely don't endorse the gay agenda if that means deconstruction of the family and of the traditional parenthood. But what's with sodomy ? Have you been traumatized by it in some way or another ? Because first not all "gays" are into sodomy, second a lot of straights are, and third it can bring a lot of pleasure (caution : this was not proselitism in any way).

Anyway, I think mass immigration makes Europe disappear. I'm against it because I care about my culture, civilisation, language, art, architecture, music, painting, landscapes, traditions etc. And I don't think the sodomy "item" is a pertinent way of fighting against Europe's erasement, whereas, yes, the fight against all the deconstructions (gender does not exist, the west does not exist, traditional family does not exist, nation does not exist, UK never existed etc.), therefore the fight against the "gay agenda", are are linked to this war on western civilization.

Yeah there is that but then again it is like the great people stopped going and the boring ones stayed. I sincerely doubt you can enjoy yourself in these times unless standing there like a mannequin with a lukewarm beer is your thing.

I mean the whole pulse and energy has gone out of it. People used to leave gigs dripping with sweat nursing all kinds of injuries.

I know I did.

he doesnt go to any of these gigs hes always yapping about. :rolleyes:
at the last moment he needs to take heed of the pooch.:lbf:
hes got no money to go to any gigs, he always 'jettisoning' to some
exotic gig but when the time actually comes it find him skinny trolling hiere:lbf:

View attachment 51132 Hope tonight is as good as the last time they played Jodrell Bank.
It looks like there is a satellite there? They have satellites at Jodrell Bank! I have read about some conspiracy theories about satellites online. I don't know if they are true or not though as it is hard to tell and I don't know that much about science.

The light show looks quite good from what I can see. You would of loved "Pink Floyd" concerts back in the day they had the best light shows! I think that they were ahead of their time.

GAYSUS FARNABY KRIST!!!! the JORDELL TELESCOPE GIG was a FESTIVAL with DOZENS OF BANDS!!

doh:

It was a CAPTURED AUDIENCE:censored:
they had to sit thru the dumb computer chip musicdoh:
probably 0 peeps were there for the round twats

he doesnt go to any of these gigs hes always yapping about. :rolleyes:
at the last moment he needs to take heed of the pooch.:lbf:
hes got no money to go to any gigs, he always 'jettisoning' to some
exotic gig but when the time actually comes it find him skinny trolling hiere:lbf:
This is interesting. How do you know this?

It is possible that he could of got the photos of the two New Order concerts at Jodrell Bank by doing an 'image' search online. But why would he do this? Why make this up? It doesn't make total sense.

By "take heed of the pooch" do you mean a pet dog? I remember him saying something about Peter Hook having a pet dog. I get the feeling that he might be friends with Peter Hook.

If he lives near to Alderley Edge in Cheshire close to where some New Order members and Peter Hook lives then it wouldn't be that far for him to travel to go to Jodrell Bank. It sounds like he might have money because Cheshire is quite a wealthy county to live in, also travelling maybe with his family to Miami, Florida for concerts would cost a few bob. It sounds like he has quite a glamorous lifestyle!

I'm a bit envious. Not that I would want to go to New Order concerts or see The National or Echo & the Bunnymen. But I would love to be able to travel to Canada or the USA for the Morrissey concerts.

I have bad anxiety and depression and some other health issues so sadly I can't travel abroad on my own to see Morrissey live. :disappointed:

hes going to go to the French Riviera and Andorra for "shows":rolleyes:
but after booking the tix and the Concord, and has his bags packed,
he cant find someone to feed the pooch and has to stay in mommys basement:lbf:

all that caterwauling about Jordell telescope and it was a 4 DAY FESTIVAL FFS:lbf:

It looks like there is a satellite there? They have satellites at Jodrell Bank! I have read about some conspiracy theories about satellites online. I don't know if they are true or not though as it is hard to tell and I don't know that much about science.

The light show looks quite good from what I can see. You would of loved "Pink Floyd" concerts back in the day they had the best light shows! I think that they were ahead of their time.
The only "satellites" we have are regular antennas on the ground but there is nothing out in space. You should google rockets hitting the firmament and getting stuck there.

They don't want you to know this.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom