Bernard Sumner (New Order) on Morrissey

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/...e-hated-work-and-normality-1.3952803?mode=amp

Excerpt:
Did Johnny broach the subject of his former bandmate, Morrissey, and his increasingly questionable endorsements of a far-right fringe party called For Britain?

“I think we questioned his dubious politics,” Sumner answers. “He has become a bit toxic, hasn’t he? The world has gone a bit like that at the moment. We were only discussing this at dinner last night. It’s gone a bit pear-shaped. These are very strange times and a lot of things don’t seem to make sense. We’ve got Brexit in the UK. I’m not a fan. Obviously you’ve got Mr Trump. I find it difficult to call him President Trump. Let’s call him Resident Trump.”

You've never heard of Joy Division or New Order? Go back to Stormfront. You don't belong on a music forum.

Computer chip deserves the credit, round Bernard is unknown.:lbf:

tho truth to power he is skinner than knob Damon.:lbf:

Still going on about this? Of course Bernard & co. were aware of the Nazi allusion, he's just being disingenuous. The time of punk was full of swastikas and other Nazi things -- not because the punks were Nazis, quite on the contrary, but just because they wanted to annoy their parents as much as they could. And defeating the Nazis in the Second World War was the greatest pride of the past British generations, so naturally the punks latched on to that. That's also why Siouxsie has been apologizing for 40 years the anti-Jews slur in the early version of Metal Postcard. But naturally the idea that punks were advocating fascism is just laughable.

Still going on about this? Of course Bernard & co. were aware of the Nazi allusion, he's just being disingenuous. The time of punk was full of swastikas and other Nazi things -- not because the punks were Nazis, quite on the contrary, but just because they wanted to annoy their parents as much as they could. And defeating the Nazis in the Second World War was the greatest pride of the past British generations, so naturally the punks latched on to that. That's also why Siouxsie has been apologizing for 40 years the anti-Jews slur in the early version of Metal Postcard. But naturally the idea that punks were advocating fascism is just laughable.
Yes. As laughable as the idea that Morrissey or any other anti mass-immigration are advocating racism and fascism.

Yes. As laughable as the idea that Morrissey or any other anti mass-immigration are advocating racism and fascism.

:paranoid:

whats going on here? yesterday this place was chock full of skinny styled nazis, today there are none:lbf:
if you dress up like with one with swastikas, lugers, run around goosestepping and saluting, you are merely
taking the pisso_O having fun after a few pints.o_O

now its the "Cambodian" New Order,swastikas and all.:lbf:

The first album is considered critically good. I also love their collaboration with Pet Shop Boys in Patience of a Saint.

The second and third albums are more haphazard but I enjoy a lot of the individual songs anyway.

I’d much rather Marr work with Bernard again than sing as his own front man. I never sat through an entire listen of The Heelers.

Thanks for the tip, finally found a moment to listen to that first Electronic album. In retrospect, it is clearly one of the best albums coming out of the much hyped Manchester pop and dance scene of that era. Armatopa is a return to Electronic music, so another collaboration with Bernard Summers is certainly possible on musical grounds. Lets hope so.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom