Bernard Sumner (New Order) on Morrissey

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/...e-hated-work-and-normality-1.3952803?mode=amp

Excerpt:
Did Johnny broach the subject of his former bandmate, Morrissey, and his increasingly questionable endorsements of a far-right fringe party called For Britain?

“I think we questioned his dubious politics,” Sumner answers. “He has become a bit toxic, hasn’t he? The world has gone a bit like that at the moment. We were only discussing this at dinner last night. It’s gone a bit pear-shaped. These are very strange times and a lot of things don’t seem to make sense. We’ve got Brexit in the UK. I’m not a fan. Obviously you’ve got Mr Trump. I find it difficult to call him President Trump. Let’s call him Resident Trump.”

In Chapter and Verse, Sumner recalls being so sick at an American airport on a promotional tour with Electronic, he placed a carrier bag full of his own vomit through a security scanner. His bandmate, former Smiths guitarist Johnny Marr, stopped drinking around this time. “Yeah, I think I put him off,” Sumner laughs. “

And this is the same man saying Morrissey has become a ‘bit toxic’ ?!

:lbf: doh:

“Sumner is as bemused by our times as anyone else. “There’s all sorts of weird shit going down that never would’ve been accepted a few years ago,”

The world has changed, Morrissey hasn’t.

:cool:

'we were just discussing this over some pizza pops last night, when who happened to 'pop in? none other than our friendly twat,:handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft:, fresh from walking around the cul de sac. we talked about Moz, who else are we going to talk about, as were are lackluster twats, but didnt touch on the subject of the THIRD REICH origins of NEW ORDER name"doh:

a colony of hopeless cucks over at the cul de sac.:censored:

In Chapter and Verse, Sumner recalls being so sick at an American airport on a promotional tour with Electronic, he placed a carrier bag full of his own vomit through a security scanner. His bandmate, former Smiths guitarist Johnny Marr, stopped drinking around this time. “Yeah, I think I put him off,” Sumner laughs. “

“Sumner is as bemused by our times as anyone else. “There’s all sorts of weird shit going down that never would’ve been accepted a few years ago,”

You may think Morrissey hasn’t changed but his UK fan base has changed in their attitude towards Morrissey. Tonight New Order play to 10000 people at Bristol Harbour Side and tomorrow night to 21000 people at Jodrell Bank, it’s a crying shame that Morrissey isn’t playing similar gigs in the UK, due to his careless ill informed comments.

:lbf:

only a couple thousand tix have been sold for those sorry Bristol/Jodrell NO sucko gigs.:lbf:

poor computer chip.:lbf:

“On this splendid occasion, of this glorious defeat"

New Order play to 10000 people at Bristol Harbour Side and tomorrow night to 21000 people at Jodrell Bank, it’s a crying shame that Morrissey isn’t playing similar gigs in the UK, due to his careless ill informed comments.

Yes, agree with his views or not, the world must give him credit. For Morrissey has always quite naturally taken the more interesting position.

True contrarian and outsider, even in ‘defeat’ Morrissey wins.

Last edited:
You may think Morrissey hasn’t changed but his UK fan base has changed in their attitude towards Morrissey. Tonight New Order play to 10000 people at Bristol Harbour Side and tomorrow night to 21000 people at Jodrell Bank, it’s a crying shame that Morrissey isn’t playing similar gigs in the UK, due to his careless ill informed comments.

enjoy yourself seeing the new order in jodrell bank tomorrow let us knoll how good it was.

:rolleyes:

o_O

Oi, Einstein speaks.:crazy:
thats like hoping there will ever be enough interest to start a :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: forum.:lbf:

So Johnny en Bernard discussed Moz over dinner and concluded that Moz had ‘become a bit toxic’. Quite hilarious and a much better response anyway than most of the hardliners on here or on social media.

You've got that 100% arse-about-face.

'There's none so blind as them that won't see'

But New Order have never been known as a band that say anything or stand for anything. They make (mostly) very good pop music. That's it.

That was a very entertaining article! Thanks for posting, I didn't realize Bernard was so amusing. Would have liked to have heard what they really said about the Mozzer though!

But New Order have never been known as a band that say anything or stand for anything. They make (mostly) very good pop music. That's it.
You forget insightful speeches about yacht, dancing, partying, throwing, being billionaire and having good lawyers.
It would have been elegant to refuse to shout with the mod and just stay quiet, but, yes, Sumner is not really a pop poet, intellectual or thinker, he just made a lot of sublime pop music during 30 years and that’s enough.

o_O

all they talk is about Moz, thats all these cucks talk about. as if they were spurned bay boyfriends, or if their pimp gave them their walking papers for being old twats.:lbf:

on tv they talk moz
on the blog interview they talk moz
on the stupid website they talk moz

Nothing-going twats:straightface:

I agree, isn’t that what musicians do. He has his views on a lot of subjects but keeps them to himself in the main. What’s wrong with that?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom