12 I'm Tired Live
13 Friends and Lovers
14 You must go on
15 Souvenir
16 Bare with Me
17 I'd Do it Again if I could

Link to come as soon as it finishes uploading

I loves me some Bernie. Thanks.

I recommend this to everyone, the bloke's a fantastic guitarist and his solo work isn't that bad.

Better than the Healers...

Thanks Trashmonk. I've got the albums but don't think I've heard any b-sides.

I find most of it pretty hit and miss and while I'd rate out the post Bernard Suede higher than solo Bernard, I'd also rate out solo Bernard higher than solo Brett. That said, the two need each other.

Thanks Trashmonk. I've got the albums but don't think I've heard any b-sides.

I find most of it pretty hit and miss and while I'd rate out the post Bernard Suede higher than solo Bernard, I'd also rate out solo Bernard higher than solo Brett. That said, the two need each other.

Ditto - Thanks Trashmonk, and the two of them need each other :)

Read the thread, searched and found the cd that I have not listened to in, what is it, 8 years? I really like it! Thank you for reminding me that there are lost treasures everywhere, even in your own cd collection...

Last edited:
It's still not that good.
(I'm being super gentle here)

feel free to say it's shit, nobody will stab you.

i personally think some of the songs posted are as brilliant as suede (it's alright, more than i thought, people move on..), some are good and some are shit.
people move on is a good album, maybe better than coming up. friends and lovers only has a couple of good songs on it.

i didn't like his voice at first (and i still can't stand when he sings like bon jovi) but there's a sweetness to it i really like, he has a soft voice.
have you heard this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIjARbvX5X8

i don't think he needs brett, he did well with mcalmont too. the tears weren't great... i'd love to hear a new album though.
brett on his own is bloody boring. he should hire a musician, any musician.

feel free to say it's shit, nobody will stab you.

i personally think some of the songs posted are as brilliant as suede (it's alright, more than i thought, people move on..), some are good and some are shit.
people move on is a good album, maybe better than coming up. friends and lovers only has a couple of good songs on it.

i didn't like his voice at first (and i still can't stand when he sings like bon jovi) but there's a sweetness to it i really like, he has a soft voice.
have you heard this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIjARbvX5X8

i don't think he needs brett, he did well with mcalmont too. the tears weren't great... i'd love to hear a new album though.
brett on his own is bloody boring. he should hire a musician, any musician.

I think his voice is actually my biggest problem with him. I know he had some good moments but none of is albums is good as a whole, and I find it pretty boring quite frankly. It was a huge disappointment for me at the time because I loved Suede so much and I was crushed when he left. I hoped his solo albums will have some of that early Suede magic but it really didn't.

Thank you for that song. I didn't know it and it's really beautiful.

Bernard Butler Adoration Thread

Spent some time on YouTube looking up clips of ol'Bernie. I don't care what anyone says or thinks, in my heart of heart I know that muthafugga can PLAY!

His performance of "Stay" on Jools? It's FIERCE!. Same with the acoustic "My Dark Star" on MTV. If I weren't so damn lazy at moment I'd post links. Instead I'll throw out today's Top 5 moments of essential Butlerness. (What're yours?)

1). The lead line that ends "So Young". That guitar sounds like it's crying.

2). "Flash Boy's"'s solo. Nuff said.

3). The criminally overlooked "Don't Call It Soul", wherein a good 355 gets played to within an inch of its life.

4). "Everyone I Know Is Falling Apart". Say what you will about Friends and Lovers, this song kills.

5). Rockferry's title track. This record is, to me, his most fully realized to date.

G'nite!

... oh, alright then:

"My Dark Star"

"Stay" {wait for that last bit at the end}

Last edited:
Re: Bernard Butler Adoration Thread

1). The lead line that ends "So Young". That guitar sounds like it's crying.

it's even better live... :horny: he plays it in a slightly different way.

i would add (at least):
- people move on (the song)
- cocoon
- the theme from mcalmont & butler; it's f***ing huge.

the last one i've enjoyed it's duffy's fool for you on the deluxe edition. there's another new song of his that's unbelievably bad (it's called stop).

Bernard Butler is God FACT.

Bernard Butler is a TWAT...FACT!....I know from first hand experience.

So's Morrissey, doesn't stop me illegally downloading his music.

Bernard Butler is a TWAT...FACT!....I know from first hand experience.

HA! I was, uh -- lucky enough to meet Bernard when Suede played at the aptly named Backdoor (old venue at SDSU) in 1993. He signed my ticket stub with a withering look and returned to his beer and girlfriend. Nice guy or not, the incident never dented my admiration for his work.

BTW, you're in San Diego as well? I live over in Southpark.

Back
Top Bottom