Berlin - Zitadelle Spandau (July 18, 2011) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in. Beware of anonymous set list trolls!

Set List:

I Want The One I Can't Have / You're The One For Me, Fatty / You Have Killed Me / Speedway / Scandinavia / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / People Are The Same Everywhere / Action Is My Middle Name / Alma Matters / Satellite Of Love / I Know It's Over / Everyday Is Like Sunday / One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell / There Is A Light That Never Goes Out / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Meat is Murder / Irish Blood, English Heart // First Of The Gang To Die

set list provided by an anonymous person

Review links posted by sistasheila (more):
Morrissey in der Zitadelle Spandau (photos, 20 total) - BerlinOnline
Morrissey verkündet solide den Weltschmerz - Berliner Morgenpost
Ein Vegetarier beißt sich durch - Der Tagesspiegel
Morrissey spielt jetzt für die neuen Normalos - Welt Online

Last edited:
July 12th-18th

"These days drifted by like confetti thrown in the blackness of night. The funereal atmosphere around myself and the lads was entirely due to the malicious hate-campaign being waged against me by my own online fans. I don't think they comprehend how painful it is to dedicate your life selflessly to your fans; and to face such contempt from those whom you have stood up for over the many years - the lonely, the lost, the disillusioned. Each man kills the thing he loves. Perhaps I should accept it as a perverse compliment? A part of my soul faded away during these days. A part of me died."

www.morrisseysworld.blogspot.com

"On the 13th, the lads were a bit worried about me. Boz phoned at lunchtime because I hadn't spent the entire morning scoffing at the veggie breakfast buffet. He asked if I was sick; 'no,' I replied. 'I'm sick of life though - if that counts.' Boz, Jesse, the one who sounds like stalker but isn't and that other medium-sized man came to my room, bringing with them a Swedish monopoly board. It was a lovely gesture. Of me, I mean. Letting them into the penthouse suite. They're all sharing a twin room, you know. The rhythm section are sleeping on the floor, apparently. Cheap skates. £100 a head we put down for the game. Couldn't believe it when Boz sold me the purples with hotels for 2 Kronor (the big oaf, no idea about exchange rates...) and Jesse looked away when I landed on his greens with three houses - twice. So distractable, that lad. Honestly, they have no idea. No business sense. Oh I had won before I had begun. Victory lifted one's bruised spirit - and made me £400 sterling into the bargain. It won't pay for my retirement, of course, but it will buy me a new mobile phone with bigger buttons and a better quality camera. Practicing one's facial expressions and poses in the mornings is so difficult with such a poor quality camera. And the mirror can be so misleading..."

That band sounds f***ing great and epic and f*** you people for saying otherwise and f*** you, David, for allowing them to say it.

It's really sick, at this point in Moz' career that anyone should say anything negative at all. I'd say we are lucky to have anything from him, 30 years on. Bless him and bless his feelings towards this shitty god-awful website.

I, for one, will never let this website and all the sick opinions therein to ever change how I feel about Morrissey. It is about Morrissey, you know, not Jesse, not Spencer, not Johnny or Alain or anyone else. The fact that you people don't get this means you don't get Morrissey, nor will you ever. Those of us that know, will always know, and those of you that don't, never will, including Tseng.

It´s time to wake up - you must take your sleeping pills!

July 12th-18th

"These days drifted by like confetti thrown in the blackness of night. The funereal atmosphere around myself and the lads was entirely due to the malicious hate-campaign being waged against me by my own online fans. I don't think they comprehend how painful it is to dedicate your life selflessly to your fans; and to face such contempt from those whom you have stood up for over the many years - the lonely, the lost, the disillusioned. Each man kills the thing he loves. Perhaps I should accept it as a perverse compliment? A part of my soul faded away during these days. A part of me died."

"On the 13th, the lads were a bit worried about me. Boz phoned at lunchtime because I hadn't spent the entire morning scoffing at the veggie breakfast buffet. He asked if I was sick; 'no,' I replied. 'I'm sick of life though - if that counts.' Boz, Jesse, the one who sounds like stalker but isn't and that other medium-sized man came to my room, bringing with them a Swedish monopoly board. It was a lovely gesture. Of me, I mean. Letting them into the penthouse suite. They're all sharing a twin room, you know. The rhythm section are sleeping on the floor, apparently. Cheap skates. £100 a head we put down for the game. Couldn't believe it when Boz sold me the purples with hotels for 2 Kronor (the big oaf, no idea about exchange rates...) and Jesse looked away when I landed on his greens with three houses - twice. So distractable, that lad. Honestly, they have no idea. No business sense. Oh I had won before I had begun. Victory lifted one's bruised spirit - and made me £400 sterling into the bargain. It won't pay for my retirement, of course, but it will buy me a new mobile phone with bigger buttons and a better quality camera. Practicing one's facial expressions and poses in the mornings is so difficult with such a poor quality camera. And the mirror can be so misleading..."

Pub Moz is the funniest Morrissey-related cartoon!!!

You're barried. Now f*** off.

Morrissey - Everyday is like Sunday - Live @ Zitadelle Spandau, Berlin - July 2011 [now near front!]

Last edited by a moderator:
This was a very beautiful gig. After 55 indoor shows it was my first time of seeing Morrissey open air. The weather was nice as were the people around me. Morrissey seemed in good shape and mood. All in all a wonderful concert experience.

On a side note - did anyone else spot David Walliams from "Little Britain" sitting by the toilets with some blonde bird? Or was it my imagination?

Why don't you go out and get a girlfriend and stop acting like a little queen. It's a bit sociopathic of you to maintain a website dedicated to someone that can't stand you. No one asked you to do this website, you feel the need to because of your desperate life. You won't listen to reason and you won't stop slinging mud about Moz.
I believe the sociopath is the one who kicked the webmaster of a website that has been his bloodline for 15 years out of his concert. Knowing the poor guy traveled 5000 miles to see him and time off from work as well. A special sociopath mention goes to the tattletale.

I believe the sociopath is the one who kicked the webmaster of a website that has been his bloodline for 15 years out of his concert. Knowing the poor guy traveled 5000 miles to see him and time off from work as well. A special sociopath mention goes to the tattletale.

Paul is back. He's the only one defending Mozza's latest antics. The man deserves our sympathy, not our contempt. The wonderful thing about freedom is you can choose what to do. For example, I simply ignore his comments, at least most of the time. Old Mozza attracts some strange folk. He really does...

If you can't play Marr's guitar then fine - don't play it at all

And that's exactly what they did! They didn't even try to imitate Marr's guitar on this one. They made it their own version, which I find very powerful and refreshing.

Last edited:
Talking about ignoring comments. One thing that actually sucks about the anonymous thing in here, which I didn't care about so far, because, Hey, a nickname is still anonymous, but now I realised, that in other forums I can block boring members for my settings. So your freedom of speech is clearly taking from my freedom of reading. Which eventually renders this forum purely uninteresting.

Talking about ignoring comments. One thing that actually sucks about the anonymous thing in here, which I didn't care about so far, because, Hey, a nickname is still anonymous, but now I realised, that in other forums I can block boring members for my settings. So your freedom of speech is clearly taking from my freedom of reading. Which eventually renders this forum purely uninteresting.

Its a good point.
There is also a problem that the people running this site does only ban posts (take them away)when David is mocked. Well, that is fine cause then people dont have to read it. But when people are mocking Morrissey or wishing he has cancer etc. its allowed. A bit confusing as both things are both tiresome to read and affect the freedom of reading.

Markus
in Sweden

So Hugh (morrissey 23) was first over the bar early on and missed Morrisseys hand, he was first in along with Julia and a young American girl, dont know if they have free tickets like Julia. They stuck together front centre, Hughs mate went over near the end and the bouncers took his arm away just as he was about to catch Morrisseys hand. I tried to get over but a bouncer got me by the throat. They were a mean bunch. Altogether a great night.

Its a good point.
There is also a problem that the people running this site does only ban posts (take them away)when David is mocked. Well, that is fine cause then people dont have to read it. But when people are mocking Morrissey or wishing he has cancer etc. its allowed. A bit confusing as both things are both tiresome to read and affect the freedom of reading.

Markus
in Sweden

There are plenty of posts mocking me/criticizing still on the site. It is when the person posts the same attack over and over, it becomes disruptive and deleted. The person posting it is a banned member also, they lost the privilege to post a long time ago. The example you gave, wishing he has cancer... that is one post in how many over all the years? I don't think it's comparable.

I agree filtering in the software has a lot to be improved. The previous slash software had better filtering, for example there was a scoring system for comments and someone could block all anonymous posts. I'd guess only a few people ever used the blocking anonymous posts function however. The vBulletin software is actively being improved, hopefully some sort of comment scoring system will be introduced.

I think it's just particularly bad at the moment because of the recent hostility directed at the site and myself. I'm guessing it will settle down soon.

There are plenty of posts mocking me/criticizing still on the site. It is when the person posts the same attack over and over, it becomes disruptive and deleted. The person posting it is a banned member also, they lost the privilege to post a long time ago. The example you gave, wishing he has cancer... that is one post in how many over all the years? I don't think it's comparable.

I lets leave the argument with that some posts is taken away .. we dont "hear" each other
However, for the survival of the site I hope you can find a way to "improve" it for its readers. Without limiting free speech. Laissez faire is good but to "control" it with a more defined ethical check list based on human values would be desirable. When posts gets too personal and offending it hurts and I am sure you feel that as well.

Tnx

Markus

Rumours about the next Berlin gig (indoor!) in Autumn this year:

"wer es bislang noch nicht erlebt hat, dem empfehle ich ein berlin-konzert von morrissey. falls die gerüchteküche nicht lügt, gibt es im herbst, dann natürlich wieder in der halle, die nächste gelegenheit."

www.schorleblog.de/index.php/2011/07/18/morrissey-zitadelle

Please can anyone translate?
Clicked on the link but its in german.
Interested to know about the rumours of indoor gig.

Back
Top Bottom