Bergen, Norway - Grieghallen (Aug. 6, 2016) post-show

Discussion in 'Tour archive (read-only)' started by davidt, Aug 6, 2016.

By davidt on Aug 6, 2016 at 9:30 PM
  1. davidt

davidt Administrator Staff Member Moderator Subscriber

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / You Have Killed Me / Ganglord / Speedway / Staircase At The University / Have-A-Go Merchant / I’m Throwing My Arms Around Paris / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Kiss Me A Lot / Istanbul / Meat Is Murder / It’s Hard To Walk Tall When You’re Small / Everyday Is Like Sunday / The Bullfighter Dies / Scandinavia / All You Need Is Me / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / Jack The Ripper / I Will See You In Far-Off Places / Oboe Concerto // Let Me Kiss You / Irish Blood, English Heart

setlist provided by Sarcasmos.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2016

Comments

Discussion in 'Tour archive (read-only)' started by davidt, Aug 6, 2016.

1. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Wow. I've been following this forum for information for this tour cause I'm gonna see him live for the first time next week in Berlin. I am actually really enthusiastic about it and while I, too, am a bit disappointed about the lack of Smiths songs I can't beliebe how negative and full of hate some on here are. Why do people come here only to hate? Don't you have something better to do in your life? I was thinking about avoiding this now because ot spoils it for me. Sad for a "fan" forum (apparently). I don't mean you should never criticise but hell, some of you are more miserable and negative than Morrissey himself (if you wanna call him that)!
      • Like Like x 4
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    2. ACTON
      ACTON
      I read it.
      As it happens I don't think the set list is too bad. Ripper and Concerto are great songs. I love 'Have a go' too. I do think some of the other songs have been played to death though.
      • Like Like x 2
    3. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Yeah there are a lot of self centered self important people here that think they are funny but it's the price you pay with the moderation style. Have fun seeing him in Berlin though. I remember my first time and I was pretty excited but and got a bunch of old smiths sings which was neat. Either way as a huge fan of his solo work I wasn't disappointed and wouldn't be by this set list and from your post I don't think you will either. Post pics if you take any
    4. Raphael Lambach
      Raphael Lambach
      The set list is similar to that he pleayed last two years.
      I admit I was looking forward for something news - after what Mando Lopez posted on his Instagram.
    5. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      I too, came to the site this morning to check out the setlist for this summer's tour and again expected (hoped) it would have had a shake up. The last time I saw him in Finlandia talo, Helsinki, in 2014 he played an very similar setlist.

Although I am happy to see the inclusion of The World is Full of Crashing Bores and Irish Blood, English Heart from one of his best solo albums without doubt. Maybe there's space for First of the Gang?

I'm not sure if he is only playing Scandinavia because this is where he's touring now? Also difficult to understand why he plays B-Side All You Need is Me. Surely fairly weak B-sides.

Well, here's hoping for a good set at Flow Festival here in Helsinki next weekend. This is the place for Moz fans to dissect and critique every aspect of the Moz gig experience, no need for politeness with ticket prices as they stand.
    6. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      I want to hear Alsatian cousin, Big mouth, There is a light, and maybe a cover of Shes lost control by Joy Division!
    7. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      He looked really really good and it was so nice again to follow gig again.
      • Like Like x 1
    8. Anonymous
      Anonymous

I had been informed it was not sold out. Punters outside were desperately trying to dump tix to no avail.
      Twitter has the empty rows, so sad.
      • Informative Informative x 1
    9. Anonymous
      Anonymous
    10. docinwestchester
      docinwestchester
    11. Anonymous
      Anonymous
    12. beardedsteven
      beardedsteven
      He really needs to mop up some more sweat before flinging that shirt out into the crowd... :eek:
      • Like Like x 1
    13. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Someone's been kind enough to post one of my Instagram snaps further down this thread. Show me an empty row? I was row 31 out of about 34.
    14. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Keep this enthusiasm! He's awesome, you're awesome, have a fucking lovely time. <3
      • Like Like x 1
    15. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Dear Solow numpties, I've not been on here for a while, but as I am holed up in Bergen awaiting a flight home, I thought I would pop in & see what you're all up to in your dark cave. Good to see nothing has changed.
      Last night's concert was sublime, just sublime, but that isn't what you want to hear or believe. Despite the bullshit on here, let me assure you that the concert WAS completely sold out and the audience loved it. The songs from WPINOYB are every bit as popular as the old stuff, with Staircase and Oboe in particular being well received; Oboe Concerto really is a work of art, and if you've ever wondered what song it is that Moz has stuck in his head that he can't stand, it's Rock & Roll Part II by Gary Glitter - at least, that's what he told me, but he does tend to lie quite a bit - do you remember those lies he told about not being behind MorrissetsWorld? I can't believe people actually believed him about that, it's all so blatantly obvious now, and only a complete and utter moron could still dismiss it as fake... good afternoon Uncle Skincream. Where was I? Oh yes, the set last night was incredible, and our hero was looking and sounding in top form. The reason I have particularly come here today is to tell you about It's Hard To Walk Tall When You're Small. WHAT A SONG. Forget your whinging about ticket prices, if you get to see/hear this song live, let me tell you, you would pay whatever it took. Oscar Wilde lives and breathes as Steven P Morrissey.
      You're gonna miss him when he's gone, you know.
      Anyway, I'm bored now, so I'm off. Watch out for plenty of blue roses on this tour - Moz refused mine last night; he always does, but he took one & wore it in 2012, and 2013, and 2014, and 2015, so I'm pretty sure he'll take one from someone this year... you have all noticed he's been taking and wearing blue roses for 4 years, haven't you? Haven't you? Only a totally misguided fool could STILL try and deny that Morrissey formed the Blue Rose Society... good afternoon Uncle Skincream.
      WAKE UP WAKE UP - it's never too late to join Morrissey's very own blue rose society.

*Goes off singing* I attack from the back

TRB
      Bergen
      Aug 7 2016
      • Troll Troll x 3
      • Like Like x 1
      • Insightful Insightful x 1
    16. Anonymous
    17. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Is it a plaster on his chest?
    18. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Cant find your post, there were but 34 rows in this 'venue'? And there were empty rows?
      Obviously you dont have eyes on top of your head to view the empty seats.
      • Dislike Dislike x 1
    19. Surface
      Surface
      What a sad life you must lead, spending time telling lies on a web site?
      • Like Like x 1
    20. Uncleskinny
      Uncleskinny
      You're a fucking freak, Wratten.
      • Dislike Dislike x 1