Ben Gibbard (Death Cab For Cutie) covers Everyday Is Like Sunday on his livestream and includes a disclaimer about Moz's "recent politics"

What has John Lennon been accused of ?? I've never heard of him being inappropriate with children......

I read a while ago, Sean Lennon himself said this btw, that Lennon screamed in Sean's ear and damaged his hearing. I'll find a link in a min. Pretty sure that's what the other commenter is referring to.

This guy is what we used to call in the 90s “a gayfer”

Death Cab are great, and Moz even based his live version of This Charming Man on their cover.
I know; I was there to hear it in Salisbury: walked straight out, bought a pint, and was back in time for a good concert.

It was the wife beating thing Baz.

Albert Goldman claimed John Lennon picked up underage boys in Thailand & there's been rumours about underage groupies, but no names & no direct accusations, that I've noticed.

Albert Goldman claimed John Lennon picked up underage boys in Thailand & there's been rumours about underage groupies, but no names & no direct accusations, that I've noticed.

I wasn't aware of such mutterings, tbh.

I wasn't aware of such mutterings, tbh.
I’ve read the book; it’s a great tittle-tattle biography. But Goldman made a living out of writing the most sensational accounts of the famous legally possible: the juicer the gossip, the more publishers were willing to pay for contributory anecdotes, with obvious consequences for the truth.

I know; I was there to hear it in Salisbury: walked straight out, bought a pint, and was back in time for a good concert.
Aye, I can see why people don't like it. Not much subtlety to it. Personally, I prefer it to the idea of Jesse having to try and play *THAT* guitar intro, and it's something a bit different.

EDIT: I've had a look at the Salisbury 2009 setlist and you really think that is THAT good? Some absolute garbage in there. What a bizarre tour.

Ben Gibbard is great, and seeing you lot melt like the snowflakes you are because his disagrees with Morrissey's ridiculous politics is exactly what I needed this Monday morning. Ta x
You can't really see through Ben Gibbard oportunism, can you? Poor thing ...

It isn't that simple.

We all listen to music by people that have done some pretty bad shit:

And we don’t go about making apologies for liking those songs by artists who have done “bad” things. He didn’t apologize for Robert Smith believing it is morally “bad” to procreate. I’m not merely listening to songs by Morrissey - I don’t see it that way and I don't believe most Morrissey fans see it that way. I’m not arguing what your saying in practice actually, just in principle. I get it, but I didn’t like the tone and manner in which Mr. Gibbard handled it. I doubt

Aye, I can see why people don't like it. Not much subtlety to it. Personally, I prefer it to the idea of Jesse having to try and play *THAT* guitar intro, and it's something a bit different.

EDIT: I've had a look at the Salisbury 2009 setlist and you really think that is THAT good? Some absolute garbage in there. What a bizarre tour.

The venue was great, and of the kind he rarely plays now. There was a warmth and a good level of anticipation because it was a rescheduled date, after a cancellation.

And we don’t go about making apologies for liking those songs by artists who have done “bad” things. He didn’t apologize for Robert Smith believing it is morally “bad” to procreate. I’m not merely listening to songs by Morrissey - I don’t see it that way and I don't believe most Morrissey fans see it that way. I’m not arguing what your saying in practice actually, just in principle. I get it, but I didn’t like the tone and manner in which Mr. Gibbard handled it. I doubt
I agree with you. Morrissey isn't far-right, and, obviously, isn't racist at all. How could he be racist and have in his band for so long two mexican-americans and one colombian-american?

Last edited by a moderator:
Morrissey isn't far right, or far left; he's far forward.

ffwd.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I couldn’t help but state the following on YouTube: “You give a disclaimer prior to murdering Everyday is Like Sunday - really? Just sing the damn song or destroy something from The Smiths so you don’t have to waste time groveling.” If you don’t agree with someone that strongly, don’t sing his/her song(s).

Well, so guess you’ve told him then!

Fak Arf.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom