Ben Gibbard (Death Cab For Cutie) covers Everyday Is Like Sunday on his livestream and includes a disclaimer about Moz's "recent politics"

I don't think saying "people who have done things with people who are very young" should have been his preamble to singing Morrisseys song. I know he was following up to talking about artists in general but I feel he should have been clearer that he is talking about Morrisseys politics if there is such a thing.. He made sure to clarify that he himself is not one of those people who have done terrible things, i.e. paedophilia, but he should have been as clear about Morrissey.
And I beg to differ anyway, his rendition of "Sunday" is a terrible thing to behold on a Monday morning.

Morrissey Central Is Broken Down ! ... What Happened ?
Regards,
FWD.

This is a great rendition. Very respectful. However, that disclaimer is just ridiculous. And comparing Moz to f***ing pedophiles is outrageous. Dear god, compare whatever “racist” things you feel that he has said to every anti-racist thing he’s said and done and then at least give him the benefit of the doubt. So f***ing tired of this malevolent mob mentality and witch-hunt society.
Yeah, well said. It's all completely ridiculous now.

Love Death Cab For Cutie, they have always been underrated
Aye right, a pathetic character like Gibbard could never be great, he chooses to cover one of Morrissey's most iconic songs but before he does he proceeds to badmouth Moz, that's indefensible.

What a coward.

Can't even bring himself to mention musicians who have done actual physical and/or sexual harm to children (the obvious ones like Jackson and Lennon even being dead!)- but gives a long disclaimer on Moz because he doesn't share his politics.

If you don't like him, then don't f***ing sing his songs (really badly), muppet.

So basically, he felt it necessary to do a disclaimer monologue to avoid any incoming flak from the snowflake leftie YTubers & potentially lose votes/thumbs-up on his YT channel. Why do the song anyway then if that's the lengths you feel you need to go to, in order to cover your arse?
Pathetic self interest & self preservation all over this. Cowardly man.

That true?
Well, the proof is in the pudding. Go and listen to their cover and then listen to Morrissey's live version.

See also the 2002 live arrangement of Please, Please, Please..., which is Muse's cover of the song.

What a coward.

Can't even bring himself to mention musicians who have done actual physical and/or sexual harm to children (the obvious ones like Jackson and Lennon even being dead!)- but gives a long disclaimer on Moz because he doesn't share his politics.
What has John Lennon been accused of ?? I've never heard of him being inappropriate with children......

I couldn’t help but state the following on YouTube: “You give a disclaimer prior to murdering Everyday is Like Sunday - really? Just sing the damn song or destroy something from The Smiths so you don’t have to waste time groveling.” If you don’t agree with someone that strongly, don’t sing his/her song(s).

It isn't that simple.

We all listen to music by people that have done some pretty bad shit:

I like bread but I wouldn't go licking yeast.

I can remember a few years back going on a brewery trip somewhere in London. Round the back were tub after tub of yeast which they'd used as part of the beer making process, loads of them. Absolutely stank. They sell it to the people who make Marmite. Just saying.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom