Ben Gibbard (Death Cab For Cutie) covers Everyday Is Like Sunday on his livestream and includes a disclaimer about Moz's "recent politics"

Ben Gibbard is great, and seeing you lot melt like the snowflakes you are because his disagrees with Morrissey's ridiculous politics is exactly what I needed this Monday morning. Ta x

Ben Gibbard is great, and seeing you lot melt like the snowflakes you are because his disagrees with Morrissey's ridiculous politics is exactly what I needed this Monday morning. Ta x
your not a snowflake your a snowball. greetin into your cereal because the bad Morrissey fans think bennys version of a classic is absolutely mince.

If you have to say such a disclaimer, then you don’t deserve to sing such an amazing song from a true icon.

I have to disagree with you.

Morrissey did support Anne Marie Waters and For Britain. Ben Gibbard had to state that he doesn't support Morrissey's politics.

What he says about other artists/people that we listen to on a daily basis is also true. Go and read up on Miles Davis, Jimmy Page and Lori Maddox, Mick Jagger, Bowie, Iggy, Lennon, Ringo, Ryan Adams...

I'm sorry, I don't speak jive.

OMG!!!! THAT BERRETA,BERRETA MEANS VERY LOW QUALITY!!!, I IMAGINE MOZ SHITTING WITH LAUGHTER WEN LISTENING TO THIS GUY!!!! ,¿ IS THAT ANY TURNIP HANGS ON MORRY TO GET A FEW SECONDS OF FAME, A SCOURGE IS A DISASTER FUERAAAAA!!!!

He's only covering his arse because he's heard Morrissey has been cancelled.

He's probably living in terror of being cancelled himself & you're pleased about it. ?

I can't even believe Moz is still being slandered & shunned by anyone considering the absolute shitshow that is UK politics.

What party was he meant to endorse once & then not vote for (because he never votes) when the only major left-wing party is getting accused by a leading journalist of denying him access because of his religious background???

It's a bad joke.

Any excuse:

THIS LITTLE BOY IS A GENIUS !!! AND THE SUBJECT IS ONE OF MY FAVORITES VIVA MOZ,THE ONE IN THE PHOTO IS A PROJECT OF A SINGER!!!! AND THE PIBA A ROLINGA,OF FOURTH, ROLINGA MEANS FAN OF ROLLING STONES USE THAT BANGS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FRONT YUCK!!!!!

I’m not surprised he feels this way from what I know about him and where he lives (His community). He also didn’t say much that was mean or cruel. Gave his opinion and still chose to cover his song anyway. He’s a talented guy who’s written a lot of good music

i don't understand your second sentence

I think you're wrong BB, Gibbard has every right to like a song (and cover it) and disagree with Moz's politics but he never even mentions whose song Everyday Is Like Sunday is or who originally sung it which is pretty shabby. He also goes through this pathetic cliched routine before singing the song which makes him look like a total wimp. As I said previously manup if you want to sing a Morrissey cover or stick to (Royal Albert) Hall and (Porridge) Oates.

Good on him. He can separate the art and the artist and be at one with his decision.

You should have to apologise every time you listen to a Morrissey song. Plead if it's a song off Low In High School or California Sun.

I can't even believe Moz is still being slandered & shunned by anyone considering the absolute shitshow that is UK politics.

What party was he meant to endorse once & then not vote for (because he never votes) when the only major left-wing party is getting accused by a leading journalist of denying him access because of his religious background???

It's a bad joke.

Any excuse:

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, if you can't believe he is still being slandered, take yourself across to his own personal website (called Morrissey Central). There you will find a post where, for the first time in his whole life, he urges people to vote for a political party. A far-right political party who want to protect the richest people in society through reducing their taxes (including the complete removal of inheritance tax - a massive financial boost to the super rich). They want to abandon all existing policies to help poorer nations, deny the existence of a climate crisis, and spend billions more on military expenditure. I (and tens of thousands of former fans/fellow musicians/media organisations/journalists etc.) remain utterly gobsmacked. How could he have done this? It's just unbelievable.

Good on him. He can separate the art and the artist and be at one with his decision.

You should have to apologise every time you listen to a Morrissey song. Plead if it's a song off Low In High School or California Sun.

Bet he loves the artist, doesn't give a shit about the politics & is frantically praying no one digs out his past crimes.

This is a great rendition. Very respectful. However, that disclaimer is just ridiculous. And comparing Moz to f***ing pedophiles is outrageous. Dear god, compare whatever “racist” things you feel that he has said to every anti-racist thing he’s said and done and then at least give him the benefit of the doubt. So f***ing tired of this malevolent mob mentality and witch-hunt society.

Death Cab are great, and Moz even based his live version of This Charming Man on their cover.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom