Belgrade - Belexpocentar (Dec. 10, 2014) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

The Queen Is Dead / Suedehead / Speedway / Staircase At The University / World Peace Is None of Your Business / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Kiss Me A Lot / Neal Cassady Drops Dead / Trouble Loves Me / The Bullfighter Dies / Scandinavia / Yes, I Am Blind / Smiler With Knife / Kick the Bride Down the Aisle / I'm Not A Man / How Soon Is Now? / Istanbul / Meat is Murder // Asleep / Everyday Is Like Sunday

set list provided by MozSerbia, Pit Maravich, Nikola, Anonymouswithapologies.

Last edited:
Sorry, I thought they had Nico figured out and asked about the male singer, then I went with the word blonde for...well, I dunno.

Either way, no need to be hostile, mistakes happen.

Sorry, I thought they had Nico figured out and asked about the male singer, then I went with the word blonde for...well, I dunno.

David Johansen was the Dolls' lead singer, Johnny Thunders played guitar and had black hair as far as I remember!

I wasn't being hostile. I just thought it all sounded so very strange.

David Johansen (singer of the Dolls) is however blonde-ish. And a clip of the Dolls performing is included. Johnny was the guitarist. He had big black hair.

Didn't know Page featured!
It was her debut single, though, right? This was before VU and Chelsea Girl.

Yes, Andrew Loog Oldham tried to promote her as the new Marianne Faithful when he started the Immediate label in 1965. He failed, and a more interesting yet less lucrative path awaited her...

Trouble Loves Me

Staircase At University

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, Andrew Loog Oldham tried to promote her as the new Marianne Faithful when he started the Immediate label in 1965. He failed, and a more interesting yet less lucrative path awaited her...

She became a truly great artist. One of a kind.

Indeed. There are few more useful ways to spend 30 minutes than with "The Marble Index". True art.

Well put, even though my favourite album is The End. Stunning. Black as coal.

My word yes, I haven't listened to that in a while; I'm going to dig it out

You must. Songs like You Forget To Answer and The Secret Side are masterpieces. I actually rediscovered Nico just the other day, through re-watching The Royal Tenenbaums. Very pleased with that.

Show was great. Morissey in a kind mood, very, very dear.

Question for those that attended the show - what was this song in the intro sung by the blond singer, was it Nico and what was the name of the song?

ps I would say politics shouldn't have no place here, but only Real Values

nico was the second or the third (i'm not sayin')

i wonder about the first video, too. my younger sister childishly told: look! baby johnny rotten.

Belgrade sorta seems like the kind of place that maybe doesn't have an awesome selection of salads on the menu.

#cookiesfordinner

So, what was on the menu at the Belexprocentar? Were there 'cheese gougons' like at the o2? Or a Serbian speciality 'vegetarian' dish?

best
BB

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Geezer! :highfive:

I don't recall any rain that time, strangely Morrissey also mentions it. It was bad because we had the worst album of the century shoved down our throats :straightface: And also Morrissey was in a bad mood, riling up fans rather than saying something nice to them or joking, like last night. The ROTT tour setlist was not a very good choice for the first gig you've ever had in some country, but yesterday the universe corrected itself and we got ourselves a little hit parade. :guitar:

Oh and for people asking for quips, when he asked us to draw meat is murder graffiti, he said "I know that you live in a reasonably pretty city..." to which everyone laughed, and then he asked faux-innocently "Why are you laughing?" It was funny because his hotel and the venue were placed in the most depressing, grayest place in Belgrade, huge concrete blocks of flats with no soul.

Was murderous meat on the menu at the venue? Did he get Belexpocentar to change the menu? Or is that just a gimmick for the UK/US audiences?

best
BB

Nico couldnt sing herself out of a paper bag, and here albums are absolute dreck.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom