Belgrade - Belexpocentar (Dec. 10, 2014) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

The Queen Is Dead / Suedehead / Speedway / Staircase At The University / World Peace Is None of Your Business / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Kiss Me A Lot / Neal Cassady Drops Dead / Trouble Loves Me / The Bullfighter Dies / Scandinavia / Yes, I Am Blind / Smiler With Knife / Kick the Bride Down the Aisle / I'm Not A Man / How Soon Is Now? / Istanbul / Meat is Murder // Asleep / Everyday Is Like Sunday

set list provided by MozSerbia, Pit Maravich, Nikola, Anonymouswithapologies.

Last edited:
I think the highlight of this "show" staged in a third world hotel cafeteria is when special guest Billy Joel came out and sang "back in the USSR" and all the comrades went ape shit and started biting each other, shooting their guns in the air, and eventually started chopping each other's heads off. This lead to the inevitable primeval cro-mag-non man urge that every third world Euro trash feels when they see a round object on the ground. That's right they have to kick it between two sticks. I couldn't believe my eyes when the "serbs" all broke up into different tribes and started playing kickball with the severed heads. I was told this is very common in third world Euro trash countries,

Yes similar to the deranged yanks, wandering into schools and shooting kids, or the police shooting unarmed black kids. Need to take a look at your own culture as well you twat.

Last edited:
*thud*
You're somehow becoming more idiotic and pathetic with each and ever post. We all thought you had hit the bottom of the pit, but like the worm that you are, you have somehow dug deeper into the dirt and have absolutely nothing to show for it.
Remember to slice along the vein, not across.

NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!! Thats not how we troll here.

*thud*
You're somehow becoming more idiotic and pathetic with each and ever post. We all thought you had hit the bottom of the pit, but like the worm that you are, you have somehow dug deeper into the dirt and have absolutely nothing to show for it.
Remember to slice along the vein, not across.

former Yugoslavia , now spilt/split into different countries, I like to say 'tribes', there still so much hate and anger what has been happened
during that war, wounds not healed and still people who are triggerhappy for revenge...not talking about the[internationel] Court in The Hague, and Scheveningen Prison

'and they say he's mentall'... beware of Albania[ns]...

Last edited:
It was a great show, Morrissey was playful and laid back. At the beginning he shouted "good evening" in Serbian three times, later he also thanked us in Serbian and Spanish, I think? :D Between the songs, when the crowd clapped and shouted "wooo" he said "Really, wooo?" To which someone shouted back "Thank you for coming!" He replied "Well thank you for having me! I assure you, few people have." And later when everyone cheered when he said WPINOYB was nominated for a Grammy he feigned outrage and shouted at us "THAT WAS A JOKE!" :p He shook hands with people in the front row, well the ones he could reach (that's when I realized that it makes absolute sense for the tall people to stand there, although I had been resenting them at first :cool:), almost as if he was inviting us to the stage, but everyone was too well behaved for that. This is what his first concert in Serbia should have been like, so I am now actively trying to forget that disaster from 8 years ago.

Why do you feel the Exit performance in 2006 was a disaster? Most people here in NS tell me they really enjoyed it! I think it rained a lot? Anyway here is a recording of the Exit show for those who are interested: https://www.sendspace.com/file/4qy0w1

former Yugoslavia , now spilt/split into different countries, I like to say 'tribes', there still so much hate and anger what has been happened
during that war, wounds not healed and still people who are triggerhappy for revenge...not talking about the[internationel] Court in The Hague, and Scheveningen Prison

'and they say he's mentall'... beware of Albania[ns]...

Yes you are right. At least you have Took the time to write an appropriate view rather than the bile that Aztec spewed out

Yes you are right. At least you have Took the time to write an appropriate view rather than the bile that Aztec spewed out

Still, to end with "beware of Albanians"? Shit like that stirs me the wrong way.

f*** racism!

Another gig and yet more xenophobic ignorant shit listed all over it.

And that's without the three B-musketeers yet to resolve the Balkan/ Morrissey conundrum with rapier wit and a quick history lesson about the Serbs.

Yawn me f***ing house down, what is the point?

Did he do anything in the middle of Speedway as per Gilbert O'Sullivan?

What is wrong with some people in this thread? I'm pretty sure I was hugging random people from all other ex-YU countries when we were together in the crowd and this is a normal occurrence. :)

Also, "device wavers" exist for a reason. At least I know I do. Giving to those who could not make it to a show is a special feeling. Other people do it for you, then you go ahead and do it for them, and everybody is happy.

Old Skool 35 mil FTW!

Since when did they go out of fashion?

Oh, wait...people wave all those phones with digital zoom. Yup. You're right.

Here's How Soon Is Now? Noise is enormous. due to low light, but the sound is OK.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwaQ39WVVNI

I see that somebody asked about shirt throwing at the end of the show and yes, that happened...and it turned into a mini-riot of sorts. About six people from the third or fourth row went at it and I believe one girl grabbed it. However, the others were refusing to let go and, at some point, the head of security came out with scissors and cut pieces of the shirts to people who weren't letting go.

Funny enough, when everybody started leaving, I found Jesse's pick on the floor. Nobody seemed to want it.

Last edited:
Show was great. Morissey in a kind mood, very, very dear.

Question for those that attended the show - what was this song in the intro sung by the blond singer, was it Nico and what was the name of the song?

ps I would say politics shouldn't have no place here, but only Real Values

We mentioned that the other day when Jesse used #dontbelievethehype on his IG account.

:)

The rumor mill spins. Everyone clambers on. Ride, ride, ride. ;)

The "rumors" just offer more proof that this site is routinely hijacked by trolls with an anti-Moz agenda. And davidt sits idly by whining about "freedom of speech".

The "rumors" just offer more proof that this site is routinely hijacked by trolls with an anti-Moz agenda. And davidt sits idly by whining about "freedom of speech".

No, you are wrong. I now think that it was intentionally planted so that people stop questioning why Morrissey took a plane from Dublin so late and why he didn't take the next plane to Istanbul, even if that involved making an exception and putting his behind on an economy seat.

I'd have kept the above to myself, but you asked for it. So you just got it.

Another gig and yet more xenophobic ignorant shit listed all over it.

And that's without the three B-musketeers yet to resolve the Balkan/ Morrissey conundrum with rapier wit and a quick history lesson about the Serbs.

Yawn me f***ing house down, what is the point?

Did he do anything in the middle of Speedway as per Gilbert O'Sullivan?

No it was performed as standard this time

Show was great. Morissey in a kind mood, very, very dear.

Question for those that attended the show - what was this song in the intro sung by the blond singer, was it Nico and what was the name of the song?

ps I would say politics shouldn't have no place here, but only Real Values

I think it's Nico and the song I'm Not Sayin'. Someone, correct me if I my memory is askew.

Thanks for the review, chica. Long time no see.

Hi Geezer! :highfive:

Why do you feel the Exit performance in 2006 was a disaster? Most people here in NS tell me they really enjoyed it! I think it rained a lot? Anyway here is a recording of the Exit show for those who are interested: https://www.sendspace.com/file/4qy0w1

I don't recall any rain that time, strangely Morrissey also mentions it. It was bad because we had the worst album of the century shoved down our throats :straightface: And also Morrissey was in a bad mood, riling up fans rather than saying something nice to them or joking, like last night. The ROTT tour setlist was not a very good choice for the first gig you've ever had in some country, but yesterday the universe corrected itself and we got ourselves a little hit parade. :guitar:

Oh and for people asking for quips, when he asked us to draw meat is murder graffiti, he said "I know that you live in a reasonably pretty city..." to which everyone laughed, and then he asked faux-innocently "Why are you laughing?" It was funny because his hotel and the venue were placed in the most depressing, grayest place in Belgrade, huge concrete blocks of flats with no soul.

Why are they all dressed the same, they look a right bunch of charlies.
Is there some strange meaning or reason behind it.
Curious !

I don't recall any rain that time, strangely Morrissey also mentions it. It was bad because we had the worst album of the century shoved down our throats :straightface: And also Morrissey was in a bad mood, riling up fans rather than saying something nice to them or joking, like last night. The ROTT tour setlist was not a very good choice for the first gig you've ever had in some country, but yesterday the universe corrected itself and we got ourselves a little hit parade. :guitar:

Oh and for people asking for quips, when he asked us to draw meat is murder graffiti, he said "I know that you live in a reasonably pretty city..." to which everyone laughed, and then he asked faux-innocently "Why are you laughing?" It was funny because his hotel and the venue were placed in the most depressing, grayest place in Belgrade, huge concrete blocks of flats with no soul.

"when he asked us to draw meat is murder graffiti !"
Did he really ask that ? Can we have a bit more info please or any footage would be much appreciated, I am on duty till 8:00pm

Worst album of the century?! My God. Why? How?

Ah, I see...it's interesting because the 2006 UK tour visited lots of small theatres, and the Tormentors material worked really well in a small venue! I remember sitting down to watch him in Reading Hexagon which was a treat! I agree that an artist making their first visit to a country at a festival should play the hits - as New Order remembered, and the execrable Damon Albarn didn't!

The blonde singer in question was Johnny Thunders of the New York Dolls, but I'm not sure if the was solo or with the band.

There was also "Yesterday's Man" by Chris Andrews and some comedy clips.

The blonde singer in question was Johnny Thunders of the New York Dolls, but I'm not sure if the was solo or with the band.

There was also "Yesterday's Man" by Chris Andrews and some comedy clips.

:confused:
Johnny Thunders wasn't blonde nor a woman. I think he/she refers to the clip of a woman sitting by the docks singing. And that's Nico.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom