Belfast - Odyssey Arena (Mar. 24, 2015) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

The Queen Is Dead / Suedehead / Staircase At The University / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Kiss Me A Lot / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / To Give (The Reason I Live) / Istanbul / Meat is Murder / Earth Is The Loneliest Planet / I'm Not A Man / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / What She Said / Scandinavia / The Bullfighter Dies / Speedway // Irish Blood, English Heart

setlist (may not be in correct order) provided by an anonymous person.

Last edited:
Did he say anything on stage about how he thinks Northern Ireland should leave the United Kingdum and re-unite with Ireland? Or did he chicken out for fear of getting bottled?

No, he wouldn't be so stupid. He trolled Glasgow but wouldn't dare troll Belfast. So, Morrissey thinks Scotland should have the right to a separate nation on the island of Britain without being forced to be British, but the Northern Irish don't have that right on the neighbouring island of Ireland and should be forced from identification as British into identifying as Irish? He also failed to mention this onstage in Dublin. It would have been priceless if he'd lectured the Republic of Ireland about how they should add the cost of re-uniting with the north of the island to bankruptcy to German and French bankers. Is he domiciled for personal taxation in Britain, the Republic of Ireland or Switzerland? If the latter, then these questions and the peace process are none of his business.

best
BB

Last edited:
Look! No cheese!

CA5jekZW4AACF_e.jpg

One would hope so, but the sign doesn't say "no meat, dairy, poultry or fish". I can't think of a reason to use dairy for any of the items listed so let's hope that Morrissey has come to his senses on this issue after 3 decades of nonsense. Ditto PETA.

best
BB

Jesse looked hot but I don't know what that haircut is all about.

Oh good! He brought back To Give (The Reason I Live). I'd love a studio recorded version of that.

Are you taking the piss?

Jesse looks like a right psycho in that top photo of the band bowing. He had the same lunatic expression at the Dublin concert. I wonder if he has hypnotized Moz into thinking he can play guitar (in fairness he has improved a lot since the chugging days of Ringleader and Refusal). But seriously, he is asking for a good kicking for eye-balling the Mozfather like that :squiffy:

- - - Updated - - -

To Give.. back on the setlist.. that's more insulting than cancelling a show due to poor ticket sales.

I like the song but would prefer a Moz tune. Imagine if he took those few minutes and instead of a cover version he did something rare like 'Suffer Little Children' or 'I know it's over' or 'This night has opened my eyes'. Now that would be a concert to remember.

Jesse looks like a right psycho in that top photo of the band bowing. He had the same lunatic expression at the Dublin concert. I wonder if he has hypnotized Moz into thinking he can play guitar (in fairness he has improved a lot since the chugging days of Ringleader and Refusal). But seriously, he is asking for a good kicking for eye-balling the Mozfather like that :squiffy:

- - - Updated - - -

I like the song but would prefer a Moz tune. Imagine if he took those few minutes and instead of a cover version he did something rare like 'Suffer Little Children' or 'I know it's over' or 'This night has opened my eyes'. Now that would be a concert to remember.

Jesse's a nice man, he just has beady eyes.

- - - Updated - - -

First Matt Walker and now Jesse Tobias. What is your problem? I Know It's Over isn't rare. It has been done in almost every concert in 2011, 2012 and 2013. And although Morrissey's voice has improved over the years, I think there are certain songs where his present voice wouldn't fit which includes Suffer Little Children and This Night Has Opened My Eyes.

Ok, haven't posted in a while ~ so I'm sure to repeat some obvious stuff.

Crowd was fairly full but not a full house. Set list was standard....Opened with TQID, Suedehead, Staircase etc.....

What She Said, Stop Me, Meat is Murder were the other Smith's tracks. Sunday, Speedway, Crashing Bores, Throwing Arms around Paris, Scandinavia. Usual album tracks Istanbul, Bullfighter Dies, Not A Man etc.

Encore was Irish Blood, English Heart.

Morrissey's voice was exceptional, the crowd was not. Didn't engage until Every Day Is Like Sunday about 7 tracks in. Atmosphere not great, I felt.

Meat is Murder was well received, video and all.

Speedway seemed subdued but congrats to the guy(girl?) in the white top for getting to Mos past the line! Of security.

Pity about the poor crowd because the man himself was excellent.
(Nice touch seeing Fade To Grey in the pre show montage)

another flat not sold out audience. thank you for being objective. i hope we wont now see a rash of posts claiming the show was sold out and the audience rabid.

I'm curious to know whose hands they used as the Queen's?

Forgot to mention last night - the drumkit got thrown around and smashed on stage last night, Has this drummer fit of pique been a standard part of the tour or was this bizarre stuff just for Belfast?

another flat not sold out audience. thank you for being objective. i hope we wont now see a rash of posts claiming the show was sold out and the audience rabid.

It's so obvious by the way that most of these 'anonymous' postings are actually from 'BB', who is actually 'Benny the British Butcher' who is actually owner of this site. Still pissed off that Morrissey hates you then? Maybe you should be moving on by now...

You're actually quite funny sometimes but slagging off Morrissey non-stop is making you look stupid, because we all know that you're actually completely obsessed with him - why else would you be on this site 24/7?

It's so obvious by the way that most of these 'anonymous' postings are actually from 'BB', who is actually 'Benny the British Butcher' who is actually owner of this site. Still pissed off that Morrissey hates you then? Maybe you should be moving on by now...

You're actually quite funny sometimes but slagging off Morrissey non-stop is making you look stupid, because we all know that you're actually completely obsessed with him - why else would you be on this site 24/7?

ah, stamford, your new id i gather?

I thought Moz was in a really bad mood last night.. I dunno why, maybe it was the shit crowd?

He actually didn't end up saying much, just something about sharing a birthday with George Best, and the usual rant against 'x-factory' and 'britain really hasn't got talent' before launching into 'crashing bores' and then the speel about buying the meat is murder stencil and spray-painting the city to make 'belfast even more beautiful'...

Then when he came back out for the encore, he took the mircophone and just said 'goodbye' before playing Irish blood..

I personally thought the sound was a little off in the arena, but I know others there who didn't agree with me on that. The band even kinda ruined some of their own songs and I don't think Moz was giving 100%.. I think there was something else happening there that I'm unaware of, but Moz looked angry all night to me...

Dublin, in my eyes, was a better gig..

Did he say anything about the Irish meat industry being the largest supplier of meat to McDonalds all over Europe ? Did he ask how many in the audience killed cows for McDonalds ? Or did he brush the facts under the hypocracy carpet ?
Meat is murder ! ( when it suites ).
I do hope the crank gets a pork chop glued to his smug mug in BHM.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

My twin brother and I went to both the Dublin and Belfast gig and have to say while Morrissey and the band were fantastic, certain ''fans'' leave a lot to be desired. Openly talking during pretty much anything that isn't a Smiths greatest hit. (Some that called for TIALTNGO, Charming Man etc didn't even seem to recognize What She Said) People seem to think if they buy tickets for a ''Morrissey'' WPINOYB show in 2015 that they'll get a skinny lad from Stretford, waving flowers playing a greatest hits set. Having said that, met some real genuine fans and people both before and during the gig. Jackie from Sale, I hope you had a good trip home.

I thought Moz was in a really bad mood last night.. I dunno why, maybe it was the shit crowd?

He actually didn't end up saying much, just something about sharing a birthday with George Best, and the usual rant against 'x-factory' and 'britain really hasn't got talent' before launching into 'crashing bores' and then the speel about buying the meat is murder stencil and spray-painting the city to make 'belfast even more beautiful'...

Then when he came back out for the encore, he took the mircophone and just said 'goodbye' before playing Irish blood..

I personally thought the sound was a little off in the arena, but I know others there who didn't agree with me on that. The band even kinda ruined some of their own songs and I don't think Moz was giving 100%.. I think there was something else happening there that I'm unaware of, but Moz looked angry all night to me...

Dublin, in my eyes, was a better gig..
Well we will see what he thought of the gig when he does his usual 'list of favourite to least favourite.'

You were there, as always, Benny? No, of course you weren't. You and Bummie and Barleycunt must hate those pictures showing arenas packed full of people having a great time because it totally disproves your infantile "no tickets sold, fans deserting him, career over" narrative. What's it like to spend so much time here to so little effect? Does mummy know you use the internet unsupervised?

Don't forget to give Uncle Crank his jacket back.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Back
Top Bottom