"Because This Is How I Am" - SER / Morrissey Central (24 May, 2019)

Because This Is How I Am. - Morrissey Central
May 24, 2019

full

BECAUSE THIS IS HOW I AM

"in early old age could I please express very sincere thanks to BBC Radio 2 for their broad-shouldered support given to "California Son", "Wedding Bell Blues" and "It's Over". Whatever the future brings, I will always remember Radio 2's steady support during these rocky weeks - especially from Jo Whiley.

I am sorry the UK print media's contorted interpretation of who and what I am has gone all wrong. In these days when most people are afraid to even whisper, the print media write as if someone is coming to get them. This aching nervousness brings on the vengeful and paranoid. Inventing Britain's doomsday is the preoccupation of the tabloids, and they can hate you for having lived.

I straighten up, and my position is one of hope. The march backwards is over, and life has begun again. With voice extended to breaking point, I call for the prosperity of free speech; the eradication of totalitarian control; I call for diversity of opinion; I call for the total abolition of the abattoir; I call for peace, above all; I call for civil society; I call for a so-far unknowable end to brutalities; "No" to Soviet Britain; prayers not to gods but to forces; an end to disingenuous media cluelessness; the people have the power; hatred and beheadings belong in the furnace of history; music might still be your only friend; for every shade and persuasion ... we shall always be alongside each other - everyone's culture of value; no more fashionable outrage; cows are friends to humans - don't kill them; beware of those who write in headlines; moral fiber means holding on ... to your friends; give up on inferior arguments; God gave you your life to enjoy - you will cry for your life in years to come ... death always answers back; do not be a nobody; you have survived this far in order to make the remainder peaceful and funny; your very survival proves that you have a right; ignore the cold eyes of fascism; your life is Art." #morrissey

24 May 2019

Thanks to Sam for sharing!

UPDATE May 25:

Also posted on Morrissey Official Facebook:

Media coverage:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well said but until he tells me how we are supposed to survive without the nutritions we need from meat I am gonna keep eating it avoiding the same holocaust as those poor vegans are a victim of right now.

I’m not triggered, nor am I a lefty or millennial, nor a snowflake, nor offended by nothing. And I bought the f***in’ album you plank, so how do I want it banned? I just respect the right for an independent record shop owner to stock or not stock whatever the f*** they like. How is it any skin off your nose? Shut up and buy it somewhere else.

Er, maybe because there is a principle at stake? That if they won't stock a record because they dont like the singer's politics, then another store might not stock a record because the singer is black, or gay, or Jewish. That's the point.

This piece reflects just how bad List of the Lost is/was.

It reads like an incoherent stream of consciousness that ultimately has no purpose.

He chose to defend himself with these words. He failed to defend himself.

As posters begin to say ....

What he meant was
I think what he was trying to say is

Sorry, keep it. This statement is further evidence of a once revered artist losing the plot.

Yes rock meant a lot back in the late 60's and early 70's. Unfortunately, he isn't covering any rock tunes, they're all throwaway, easy listening AM radio turdballs. I'm surprised that The Carpenters or ABBA didn't make an appearance on this thing.

This isn't 1981...........you're allowed to like lots of stuff these days. I like my punk rock just as much as Billy Joel or Hall and Oates.......good music is good music.

This isn't 1981...........you're allowed to like lots of stuff these days. I like my punk rock just as much as Billy Joel or Hall and Oates.......good music is good music.
Billy Joel...Hall and Oates? Oh HELL NO. That is pure garbage. Your taste in music is very much in question.

Why does Jo Whiley come in for special thanks? All the DJs on Radio 2 have played the single

Tags
california son info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom