Because of my poor educatio + Shame is the name

The credibility is that I explained to everyone here what the moderation policy on these types of posts is.

This is something that has been incredibly consistent for a very long time now.

I believe if you search, you will even find a post from me that is over a year old that says that we do not take down content unless the owner of said content requests it's removal.

So the very artist this site is about is the one nobody minds taking from? There is no respect for the very artist promoted here? I always understood it as non-commercial releases (bootlegs) were shared here and commercial items weren't, especially newly minted pressings. Since you're telling me I'm wrong, then all the many, many people who are quick to protest, including myself, shall have no reason to complain. But if this is the outcome then IN MY OPINION this site has lost a lot of credibility!

can someone please upload the 3 bsides in good quality? <256 kb

thx

NICE! I'll hook you up as soon as I "buy" them!:thumb:

Muchas gracias

I don't care about the nay-sayers saying "home-taping is killing music." Its the 21st century ffs. Its not like Morrissey needs my money, he claims he's no longer interested in chart positions and its raining outside too.

I'm with you ... if Morrissey wants my money he can release the single in my country and if he wants more of my money he can tour Australia and I will buy tickets on multiple nights, but he doesn't appear interested in that so if he doesn't want to go out of his way then I'm not gonna go out of my way to import a single ... the album thankfully I'll be able to buy, probably just in June or something whenever the imports hit the stores here.

Re: Because of my poor education + Shame is the name

Vaya, parece que casi voy a tener que pedir perdón por poner el link para la descarga de una canción y luego pedir que compreis el single (al que le guste, claro).

Basta de hipocresía y de tanta tontería. Ya basta de quejarse de que la piratería es una cosa muy malita para los artistas y luego bajarse todo lo que se pueda y más.

Además, a mí, por cierto, poco se me puede acusar de "robar arte" cuando tengo absolutamente todos los singles y álbumes del Sr. Morrissey. Eso sí, primero me los descargo y luego los compro, Y no creo que sea el primero o el único que haga eso.

Salud y sed felices.

Re: Because of my poor education + Shame is the name

as soon as i get the cds i will post.. i am sick of these assholes on the list inflicting their morality on me.. this may shock you but i dont give a f***.. i really dont.

and no i dont have a means to listen to or record vinyl so yes as soon as it is posted i will download it EVEN THOUGH I OWN THE 7"

yeah maybe such players arent hard to come by but i am too broke from buying the single 3 packs on import and paying the import fees which exceed the actual cost of the discs and buying the itunes album 4 times for a presale and the deluxe edition of the album..

so excuse me if i download peoples posts from mega or sendspace..

you have a problem with that then you can suck it, suck it and suck it..

and post where people give two shits.. p.s. it is not here..

goodnight and thank you

I will not buy a record player in any case. Vinyl is an obsolete format, and I will not invest money in such a thing.

I don't know what this is all about anyway ... releasing vinyl only b-sides just doesn't make any sense. I just hope that the Hollywood Bowl video will be on DVD and not on VHS or Laserdisc. Would any of you buy a Laserdisc Player especially for that release? I doubt it.

I will not buy a record player in any case. Vinyl is an obsolete format, and I will not invest money in such a thing.

I don't know what this is all about anyway ... releasing vinyl only b-sides just doesn't make any sense. I just hope that the Hollywood Bowl video will be on DVD and not on VHS or Laserdisc. Would any of you buy a Laserdisc Player especially for that release? I doubt it.

HAHAHAAH, vinyl is an obsolete format yet you buy DVD's! YOU ARE A FOOL!

What the hell ever. I bought all the formats in triplicate. If someone posts the effing songs, I sure as hell will listen as I see fit.

That said, I just unleashed my PA with orders to find FLAC versions.

Some of you really do need to be careful during these periods, or you could suffer from toxic shock syndrome. I hear it's fatal.

So the very artist this site is about is the one nobody minds taking from? There is no respect for the very artist promoted here? I always understood it as non-commercial releases (bootlegs) were shared here and commercial items weren't, especially newly minted pressings. Since you're telling me I'm wrong, then all the many, many people who are quick to protest, including myself, shall have no reason to complain. But if this is the outcome then IN MY OPINION this site has lost a lot of credibility!

The site has not lost any credibility. It has the exact same credibility it had the day the new forums opened. Your new found understanding of the rules has changed your opinion of the credibility of the site.

You have every right to complain.

As far as my respect for the artist in question and the money I have spent on his work and his concerts and his merchandise over the years and the money I continue to spend leaves me with no guilt that I'm trying to hear songs I've never heard that I cannot purchase at this time.

Just out of curiosity... have you downloaded the new album yet? I know most have, some haven't. Just curious as to which group you are part of.

As far as my respect for the artist in question and the money I have spent on his work and his concerts and his merchandise over the years and the money I continue to spend leaves me with no guilt that I'm trying to hear songs I've never heard that I cannot purchase at this time.

The two most common rationalizations for illegally downloading music seem to be:

1. I spend so much on the artist anyway/I already pre-ordered it/whatever, so I'm entitled to/don't feel guilty for downloading it.
  2. He's already a gazillionaire, and he's hardly going to miss the few cents in royalties he'd make if I bought it.

Both of these are ridiculous. If you download music that you didn't pay for, then you are stealing it. You aren't entitled to anything. You don't have to like the way things are, but that hardly matters. Just admit that you're doing something wrong, and stop trying to justify it.

I'm not trying to be holier-than-thou. I download bootlegs, I occasionally download in-print tracks that I bought on vinyl; hell, I even taped & distributed a Morrissey show. I freely admit that I'm stealing the music.

FWIW, I have not, and will not, download YoR. I'll wait for the CD to arrive in my mailbox. I don't know why it feels different, but it does.

I would never claim #2 as a reason.
I do feel justified in downloading a song I plan on purchasing anyway. You disagree with that logic and there is no way we are going to come to an agreement on that point.

I admire your self control. I am an incredibly impatient person. I'm sure it does feel different. I do like having the songs but I want the physical records. If the US itunes deluxe has the b-sides I will not buy it. I will instead by the album and all formats of the single. It just makes a huge difference to own a record.

Erm Not Right in the Head, I think we know each other (if my memory serves me right) and I'll try to hold back a bit to be gentle and kind.

I believe that my credit card was charged about $60-70 for the bundles I ordered. They're not here yet because the United States Postal Service cannot teleport things. I am by no means stealing. I'm sorry, but I'm not.

As for the new disc, it's obvious that most of us downloaded it. I can't speak for everyone, but I will buy countless versions of that very album (already have the orders in) and the deluxe and the super deluxe, etc. etc. etc.

I'm certainly not ashamed to listen to the songs. I just take issue with terms like "stealing" and "thief" because, as has been said many times before, I've paid for them. I continue to pay for them. I pay to hear them live.

Morrissey knows where to find me if he wants to admonish me. Until then...

XXX,
Adam

Can anyone be kind enough to either a) drop me a PM with both tracks or b) tell me a site I can buy the mp3 versions at

THANKS!

yes. could someone PM me the songs as well? :confused:

I would love to hear "shame is the name".
because I do love "b. of m. poor education" after hearing it a while:)

Tags
shame the bear is out of step
Back
Top Bottom