Because of my poor educatio + Shame is the name

Not anymore--they're 256kbps AACs now. What's CBR?

CBR means Constant Bit Rate, as opposed to VBR which is Variable Bit Rate. In my opinion VBR is superiour since it only uses the bitrate that is needed. If there for example would would be a moment of silence of a song, then an VBR would lower the bitrate for that part thus saving storage space.

My prefered format is mp3 V0 (i.e. an average bitrate of 320). If I had the equipment I would use FLAc however.

Get over myself!! f*** OFF!!! Why not just download them of itunes in the U.S if you are soooooooo desperate to hear them! OH sorry "its not your format"!!!!:rolleyes::cool::crazy::thumb::(:squiffy::guitar:

I don't have an iPod, I don't use iTunes (or any Apple product if I can help it), I need the song in WMA or MP3 format. Nothing strange about that - it's like saying I should buy YOR in vinyl even though I don't have a turntable right now.

And yes, you need to get over yourself. I've been purchasing Morrissey/Smiths singles since 1984. Usually on the day they are released. I can't even calculate how much money I have put single-handedly in Morrissey's pocket, along with the pockets of magazine publishers, record companies, book publishers, t-shirt makers, sticker makers, button makers, etc. etc. etc. I purchase every single, every album, every DVD, every video. And I always will. I have nothing whatsoever to feel guilty about in asking for advance copies of these songs which will, in a few weeks, take their rightful position among my collection.

I'm just completely baffled by the sudden self-righteous attitude that is infecting this place. What the hell???? As long as I've been on the internet, it's been a common practice that when a new recording is released, those who are fortunate enough to get their hands on an early release/leak of the songs share the songs with other fans. We know that we will all faithfully support Morrissey - nobody is trying to rip anyone off. We will all buy the album or single when we can. We all just want to be able to hear songs by the artist that we love as soon as we are able to. We're an impatient lot - and it's excrutiating to hear people talk about songs that we can't listen to. There is absolutely no need for this sort of hoarding/nyah nyah attitude around here. If the songs were only released in the US, would you want us to tease you by talking about the songs in detail but saying - now, now, - you can't have them... you can't listen to them... you gotta wait a month. Ridiculous.

Sheesh.

By the way, have never bought anything for myself from iTunes so I've never bothered to check. Do you get a .log and a .cue?

Cause a major problem when ripping is that even if you've got a fresh new CD and you rip it, there's a large chance that you won't get 100,0% peak level on every track plus you'll probably get some timing problems.

To rip a CD takes perhaps 40-60 minutes depending on the length etc (EAC + LAME using a MATSHITADVD-RAM UJ-862 and a offset correction of +102). And then there's no guarantee that a new CD will make a clean rip. So if anyone succeeds then he or her should be allowed to share. I've yet to see a service that meet my standards and till then I'll have to download to get quality rips.

'Supplying a download link and then saying buy the single is a bit poor in my opinion.'

He's right, next time just give us the link.
Thanks

Get over myself!! f*** OFF!!! Why not just download them of itunes in the U.S if you are soooooooo desperate to hear them! OH sorry "its not your format"!!!!:rolleyes::cool::crazy::thumb::(:squiffy::guitar:

LOL- indeed you need to get over yourself :p

By the way, have never bought anything for myself from iTunes so I've never bothered to check. Do you get a .log and a .cue?

Cause a major problem when ripping is that even if you've got a fresh new CD and you rip it, there's a large chance that you won't get 100,0% peak level on every track plus you'll probably get some timing problems.

To rip a CD takes perhaps 40-60 minutes depending on the length etc (EAC + LAME using a MATSHITADVD-RAM UJ-862 and a offset correction of +102). And then there's no guarantee that a new CD will make a clean rip. So if anyone succeeds then he or her should be allowed to share. I've yet to see a service that meet my standards and till then I'll have to download to get quality rips.

Good grief! Who has the time? Or ears?

And no, you don't get a log or cue file.

LOL- indeed you need to get over yourself :p

I dont think i do to be honest, all i originally said was that it was stupid to be putting up a song/songs that have been relesed today, okay i might not have taken into consideration that the songs arent available in the u.s today or other countries. If you are buying the cd's or waiting for them to come over to you then fair enough, but alot of people will be downloading these songs and now not bothering to buy the single. if people wanted these then it should be sent threw PM and not sticking it on main threads.

I dont think i do to be honest, all i originally said was that it was stupid to be putting up a song/songs that have been relesed today, okay i might not have taken into consideration that the songs arent available in the u.s today or other countries. If you are buying the cd's or waiting for them to come over to you then fair enough, but alot of people will be downloading these songs and now not bothering to buy the single. if people wanted these then it should be sent threw PM and not sticking it on main threads.

I will buy the Single, just want to hear the song :thumb:

wow, everyone's getting so uptight.

my take on it is... while not an official board, its not really cool to post free downloads of b sides that are easily purchased like these. its not like these are super rare or anything. there are plenty of places online you can go to illegally download just about anything you could want, and its best if you want to go that route to do it there. everyone else can buy the stuff legit.

Hm. Interesting philosophical question. On one hand, people claim who cares about the artists, they have enough money. True. But we are talking about an industry. So the money goes to secretaries, janitors, assistants, writers, mixers, producers, session players, etc.

On the other hand, the companies piss me off and fail to inovate. Recently Warner Brothers is going on youtube and deleting audio tracks from music videos they own. This makes me wanna steal from the industry. I wanted to watch International Playboy on youtube, but no audio!!!

So until we find the answer, can someone please post Shame is the Name!!!

Hm. Interesting philosophical question. On one hand, people claim who cares about the artists, they have enough money. True. But we are talking about an industry. So the money goes to secretaries, janitors, assistants, writers, mixers, producers, session players, etc.

On the other hand, the companies piss me off and fail to inovate. Recently Warner Brothers is going on youtube and deleting audio tracks from music videos they own. This makes me wanna steal from the industry. I wanted to watch International Playboy on youtube, but no audio!!!

So until we find the answer, can someone please post Shame is the Name!!!

You are right that some companies piss people off, but in fairness to them they "own" the music(if rightly or wrongly), so in a way they can do what they like really, they are the ones who gave morrissey the money to make his music and that video. But you are right we have to find an answer, and i dont believe this is threw stealing.

But you are right we have to find an answer, and i dont believe this is threw stealing.

It is not up to me (us), it is up to the companies. Until then. Can someone PM me the link to Shame is the Name.
Thanks.

For example, the single is out in the UK. Well hell, how about the rest of the world? If you do not give it to us, or make us wait, we will download it. Releasing stuff this way worked before the age of the internet, but not anymore. In the past, you had to wait or you waited for the Import to appear at the record shop and you paid an arm and a leg. Not anymore!! Innovate bitches!!!

You are right that some companies piss people off, but in fairness to them they \"own\" the music(if rightly or wrongly), so in a way they can do what they like really, they are the ones who gave morrissey the money to make his music and that video. But you are right we have to find an answer, and i dont believe this is threw stealing.

i also want to point out that stripping the audio from youtube tracks is not innovating. Youtube is one of the best places to promote an artist. these videos are old and the audio quality far from superb. they are hurting themselves. this is what i mean. the industry refuses to work with us.

For example, the single is out in the UK. Well hell, how about the rest of the world? If you do not give it to us, or make us wait, we will download it. Releasing stuff this way worked before the age of the internet, but not anymore. In the past, you had to wait or you waited for the Import to appear at the record shop and you paid an arm and a leg. Not anymore!! Innovate bitches!!!

You can't find these as imports just outside of Prague?

hmmm. i really like it. it's not mindblowing, but it has a really nice melody and I enjoyed the piano playing.

Tags
shame the bear is out of step
Back
Top Bottom