Because of my poor educatio + Shame is the name

Thought this was the answer to it all...Checked the FAQ and of course...

"How can I pay for items on Get Music?
You can pay for items in your shopping cart by going to the checkout and utilising the payment methods available. You can purchase with an Australian Credit Card (Visa, Mastercard) or via your personal PayPal account.

We are unable to accept credit cards or PayPal accounts issued by banks outside of Australia."

So, it's only good for those in Aus.

What a bunch of a-holes. I swear. I signed up for an account. Their "Terms and Conditions" link didn't work. But it had no problems letting me sign up for their music-selling site, knowing I was from the US. Nope, just let me keep adding Morrissey songs to my basket. It's shite like this that makes me hate the industry and want (despite my allegiance to certain artists) to never buy music again. Thanks for the heads-up, Ummagumma.

thanks a lot to ya'll!!! you've made my day n.n

I've got tired to listen to both songs, im deleting both files from my pc now. They're not bad but they're not great either. (more or the same).

Thanks for the links. I will only listen to YOR when I've legally purchased it, but I could not wait to hear "Shame."

Home taping is killing music. :rolleyes:

The two most common rationalizations for illegally downloading music seem to be:

1. I spend so much on the artist anyway/I already pre-ordered it/whatever, so I'm entitled to/don't feel guilty for downloading it.
  2. He's already a gazillionaire, and he's hardly going to miss the few cents in royalties he'd make if I bought it.

Both of these are ridiculous. If you download music that you didn't pay for, then you are stealing it. You aren't entitled to anything. You don't have to like the way things are, but that hardly matters. Just admit that you're doing something wrong, and stop trying to justify it.

Okay, well, how about this reasoning? The Music Industry has been ripping us off for decades with inflated prices and I feel completely justified if I can regain a few of the thousands of dollars I've lost to them over the years. They haven't learned their lesson either - they still think they can charge nearly a dollar for ONE SONG in digital format. That's even MORE of a rip-off than charging $15.00 for a CD. I mean, you're not even getting a physical copy of the song - just a file. Ridiculous. That's called robbery, as far as I'm concerned, and I think they should be ashamed of themselves for taking advantage of people that way.

And yes, I'll gladly admit that by the rules of the "by the corporations, of the corporations, for the corporations" society that I live in my actions are "wrong". But I think that society is wrong and I'm right. Just like how I think that if I'm on an abandoned road at 4 a.m., running a red light that is not traffic-activated is not "wrong". And crossing a street outside of a crosswalk when conditions are safe is not "wrong". And travelling 65 mph in a 55 mph zone is not "wrong". And taking recreational drugs is not "wrong".

"Music is everybody's possession. It's only publishers who think that people own it." - John Lennon

Re: Shame Is The Name

...I am the Bicycle Tragedy, and the Bicycle Tragedy is me.

My NPS comps were incomplete. What's coming will be sans all stops.

As Bono once said, "it is going to be great."

Those Never played symphonies are great but i cant track down the first volume(i deleted it by mistake), so is there any chance u could put it back up:D also i know in previous days i have been against the uploadin of shame is the name and Because of my..... but has anyone managed to do a MP£ version of Death of a Disco Dancer yet?(which i am not oppossed to as many dont have Vinyl players):eek:

Re: Shame Is The Name

Just a quick bump: are the only mp3 files of these songs available in WMA and 128kbps formats, or have higher quality versions surfaced? If so, can anyone link me to VBR versions, or something like 320kbps? Cheers.

Okay, well, how about this reasoning? The Music Industry has been ripping us off for decades with inflated prices and I feel completely justified if I can regain a few of the thousands of dollars I've lost to them over the years. They haven't learned their lesson either - they still think they can charge nearly a dollar for ONE SONG in digital format. That's even MORE of a rip-off than charging $15.00 for a CD. I mean, you're not even getting a physical copy of the song - just a file. Ridiculous. That's called robbery, as far as I'm concerned, and I think they should be ashamed of themselves for taking advantage of people that way.

"Music is everybody's possession. It's only publishers who think that people own it." - John Lennon

Well said. I love the fact that the music industry has struggled to get a grip on the internet and and is floundering in its own smug coke-addled capitalist values. Taking people to court for file-sharing is just another sign out a complete disregard for reality.

And if we discuss Morrissey the "artist" then surely one of the main points of art in all its forms is to make a connection? Fiscal reasoning shouldn't come into it.

I'm SO happy I was finally able to listen to this! Thanks! Here in the US, the single- vinyl or cd- is impossible to find. It's just not available. And I WANT to buy it still. I was able to find an Australian site to download Shame is the Name of the Game- but with iTunes you have to pay the cost of the album for the 1 song. The best I was able to get before today was 96 kbps mono from a stream on You Tube and it was just unbearable to lisen to. I special ordered the CD/DVD issue of YOR hoping it would be on that but it wasn't. Point is- thanks for posting the download link. : )

This is very stupid, why upload a link and then say buy the single. Everyone who wants it should either go out and buy a hard copy or download it from Itunes. i went out like many this mornng to buy all 3 formats which came to £5, dont be so cheap and get out there. maybe you have bought it then well done:mad:

there we go again. Don't "dont be so cheap and get out there" everybody, we are not all the same, everybody's situation is NOT the same. Trade lives with everybody first, then speak. If it sounds like I'm defending the lazy asses, too bad for you. Just acknowkledge you don't know EVERYTHING.

And yes, I'll gladly admit that by the rules of the "by the corporations, of the corporations, for the corporations" society that I live in my actions are "wrong". But I think that society is wrong and I'm right. Just like how I think that if I'm on an abandoned road at 4 a.m., running a red light that is not traffic-activated is not "wrong". And crossing a street outside of a crosswalk when conditions are safe is not "wrong". And travelling 65 mph in a 55 mph zone is not "wrong". And taking recreational drugs is not "wrong".

How do you come up with this bullshit?

Tags
shame the bear is out of step
Back
Top Bottom