Beaumont, TX - Julie Rogers Theatre (May 25, 2014) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

Speedway / Irish Blood, English Heart / Ganglord / Hand In Glove / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / I Have Forgiven Jesus / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Istanbul / Certain People I Know / The Youngest Was The Most Loved / Trouble Loves Me / Earth Is The Loneliest Planet / Everyday Is Like Sunday / The Bullfighter Dies / Yes, I Am Blind / Meat Is Murder / Asleep // One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell / First Of The Gang To Die

set list provided by billybud71 and Abrahán.

• Photos by David Block (43 total) - 88 Miles West. Link posted by BeaumontChad.

beaumont1.jpg
  • Morrissey at Julie Rogers Theatre, Beaumont, 5/25/2014 by Angelica Leicht - Houston Press Blogs. Photos by Abrahan Garza (6 total).

beaumont.jpg

Last edited:
Certain People I Know performed for the first time in almost 22 years and the floor doesn't move? THAT'S terrible. The arrangement was very faithful to the Arsenal tour, with Jesse resisting the urge to add unnecessary bells and whistles. Here's hoping Glamorous Glue gets its turn next.

I was lucky enough to score a front row ticket for this show and didn't know how things down front were going to play out with it being assigned seating. It turns out that there were 'VIP' tickets available for some people (all the guy next to me, who appeared to have Viva Moz tattooed on his knuckles would tell me was that it was because he wen to a lot of shows). At first, security didn't check anyone for front row tickets and were letting anyone right up to the stage. I got to my seat right when Kristeen Young started and ended up being able to stand right against the stage (no security barrier). After Kristeen Young finished and people started to fill up the theatre, security tried to tell people that unless you had a wristband you weren't able to stand against the stage- needless to say, that didn't work out too well and once the show started security backed off and it was all good. If you can believe it, there were people who were complaining to security before the show that they couldn't see and were trying to get security to ask people to move.

I got the feeling that the venue must have had some presale available for patrons- there seemed to be some people with prime seats who I wouldn't have pegged for the type to go after front row Moz tickets. Not a knock on them, it's just that to land my ticket I was scouring forums for passwords and buying tickets as soon as they went on sale. I only mention this because that might be why people aren't seeing a lot of movement down in front.

Great show - I got the handshake I missed by inches in Houston in 2007 so I was thrilled. I was disappointed by the absence of National Front Disco- finishing off with Meat is Murder and Asleep kind of put the crowd into a coma before the encore but everyone came around with the extra songs.

In regards to Beaumont being a dull crowd, you have to understand BOREmont has not had many good acts come through. So they may not know how to act. But let me tell you, because of this, they were very warm and receptive to the show. We are not spoiled like Austin. I saw Moz in Austin a few years back and the feeling in the room was nothing compared to last nights show. The cheers and screams were wonderful and I'm sure morrissey felt the love. The most excitement that theater usually gets is little kid dance recitals. the show was killer though. great set and he looked and sounded amazing? Hope he comes back through next time, if there is a next time.

IBEH... Did he play IGFDRYTUYBV or HGBVCDSEWJU or GFDSQWERTYUII? Can't you for Christ sake name the first two words of the f···ing song?

Yes this abbreviation fetish of song names drives me crazy too! Most of the time I have no idea what the person is talking about because I lost my Morrissey song code book. It's like driving behind those morons with the personalised license plates trying to decifer exactly what kind of a dick they really are.

This was the third time I have seen Morrissey, The first was with The Smiths, and this was by far the best. The single greatest concert I have seen. Morrissey was in superb voice. he looked great and he gets more charismatic with every year that passes. I loved the career spanning set (except I'm not convinced by "bullfighter"). There have been times when Morrissey seems a little tired of doing crowd-pleasers, but when he sang "Every day is like Sunday" he looked pretty happy about writing something which would outlive him. The band were tight and the small venue was clearly built a hundred years ago for this very night. I am almost reluctant to see Moz again as this performance was so perfect.

The Beaumont show exceeded the Austin show on so many levels. A very intimate venue and an extreme "in your face" experience by Morrissey as well as the band. I was one of the lucky ones to arrive early and planted my self right at the stage. In "Hand In Glove," as he sang "I probably will never see you again," he switched the mic to his left hand, extended and gave me a very firm, hour long (well it seemed that way) handshake. Then, later on, he shook my hand again. Phenomenal night! I was glad to have witnessed an awesome show in Austin, furthermore I was overwhelmed by this extraordinary show in Beaumont. I met many regulars and had a great time jamming with them. In fact, I am a bit jealous that they are able to travel the country and see so many shows with Morrissey. If given the chance, I would love to tag along and witness historical/hysterical nights after nights.

As far as the crowd...
It had no effect on my experience. I didn't buy a ticket for crowd ambience.

Yes this abbreviation fetish of song names drives me crazy too! Most of the time I have no idea what the person is talking about because I lost my Morrissey song code book. It's like driving behind those morons with the personalised license plates trying to decifer exactly what kind of a dick they really are.

Oh, I think it's fun decoding em. Try these on for size:
TAPIHFMAMF
ARAAPATLIO
SMIYTYHTOB
SALTMSABD

But I'm on your side regarding vanity plates. Anyone who gets one is a certifiable idiot.

Congrats on the handshakes plural!! Im insanely jealous but happy for you and everyone at the show. From the YouTube clips I can tell Beaumont was incredible - "Trouble Loves Me" video looked so emotional wow. I only got to SJ and clearly / needless to say Beaumont (Austin, and looks like Lawrence - not just for the shirt toss!) shows were so much better - good mood, chattier, even can tell by Moz's movements - everything clicked and the stars must have aligned in all the necessary departments.

The Beaumont show exceeded the Austin show on so many levels. A very intimate venue and an extreme "in your face" experience by Morrissey as well as the band. I was one of the lucky ones to arrive early and planted my self right at the stage. In "Hand In Glove," as he sang "I probably will never see you again," he switched the mic to his left hand, extended and gave me a very firm, hour long (well it seemed that way) handshake. Then, later on, he shook my hand again. Phenomenal night! I was glad to have witnessed an awesome show in Austin, furthermore I was overwhelmed by this extraordinary show in Beaumont. I met many regulars and had a great time jamming with them. In fact, I am a bit jealous that they are able to travel the country and see so many shows with Morrissey. If given the chance, I would love to tag along and witness historical/hysterical nights after nights.

As far as the crowd...
It had no effect on my experience. I didn't buy a ticket for crowd ambience.

This was my first Morrissey show ever, and it happened to be in my hometown. When I ended up with fifth row seats just a half hour before it began, I knew it would be a special night, and Moz definitely did his part to make it so. Sure, there were a few songs I would have liked to hear him perform, but the ones he did sing exploded with intense passion and love that the crowd reciprocated very nicely. I can only imagine how incredible the shows were back in the early to mid 90s when stage rushes and gifts were more common. Thank you, Moz, for bringing some much needed culture and sophistication to a concert scene that isn't exactly brimming with it, and thank you, Beaumont audience, for stepping up and supporting a major show with nary a Stetson or steel guitar to be found. I hope Morrissey and the rest of you who drove in enjoyed what our city has to offer, and if this ends up being Moz's first and last visit to the Golden Triangle, I hope he knows that for one May night, he made several thousand people proud to call Beaumont, Texas their home.

finishing off with Meat is Murder and Asleep kind of put the crowd into a coma before the encore but everyone came around with the extra songs.

I absolutely loved that ordering though. The way Meat is Murder led into Asleep was perfect. Just perfect

In regards to Beaumont being a dull crowd, you have to understand BOREmont has not had many good acts come through. So they may not know how to act. But let me tell you, because of this, they were very warm and receptive to the show. We are not spoiled like Austin. I saw Moz in Austin a few years back and the feeling in the room was nothing compared to last nights show. The cheers and screams were wonderful and I'm sure morrissey felt the love. The most excitement that theater usually gets is little kid dance recitals. the show was killer though. great set and he looked and sounded amazing? Hope he comes back through next time, if there is a next time.

People weren't really moving much, but the crowd seemed very loving and was very loud. I honestly expected them to be less enthusiastic.

Great video - but why are the audience standing completely motionless? It's like they are at a funeral. Did someone glue their feet to the floor?

Sucks that the audience in the front was like that, but I was back a bit (Row S) and I was moving plenty, and so were a couple of people around me (except the girl next to me who spent the whole concert either recording on her phone or texting, but eh, whatever)

I danced like a fool to First of the Gang to Die, didn't care if people around me thought I was crazy

QUOTE=Roddick;1986838913]I was lucky enough to score a front row ticket for this show and didn't know how things down front were going to play out with it being assigned seating. It turns out that there were 'VIP' tickets available for some people (all the guy next to me, who appeared to have Viva Moz tattooed on his knuckles would tell me was that it was because he wen to a lot of shows). At first, security didn't check anyone for front row tickets and were letting anyone right up to the stage. I got to my seat right when Kristeen Young started and ended up being able to stand right against the stage (no security barrier). After Kristeen Young finished and people started to fill up the theatre, security tried to tell people that unless you had a wristband you weren't able to stand against the stage- needless to say, that didn't work out too well and once the show started security backed off and it was all good. If you can believe it, there were people who were complaining to security before the show that they couldn't see and were trying to get security to ask people to move.

I got the feeling that the venue must have had some presale available for patrons- there seemed to be some people with prime seats who I wouldn't have pegged for the type to go after front row Moz tickets. Not a knock on them, it's just that to land my ticket I was scouring forums for passwords and buying tickets as soon as they went on sale. I only mention this because that might be why people aren't seeing a lot of movement down in front.

Great show - I got the handshake I missed by inches in Houston in 2007 so I was thrilled. I was disappointed by the absence of National Front Disco- finishing off with Meat is Murder and Asleep kind of put the crowd into a coma before the encore but everyone came around with the extra songs.[/QUOTE]

The setlist was so phenomenal.. It was such a treat to finally get to see him live. I had the pleasure of being in the 4th row with my boyfriend, and we had a pretty good view of everything. Moz was so interactive - I'd never known before then that he was so in touch with the crowd during his shows. This is such a worn-out thing to say - but during "One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell" I can swear by my entire being, him and I made eye contact for a solid 15 seconds. My boyfriend noticed it as well. Weather it's true or not, however.. that, and the entire show really enveloped my heart. It was such a beautiful experience, and I can only hope that I'll have the chance to see this wonderful man live once more.

... and Kristeen Young was wonderful as well, of course. I'd never heard of her before the show.. but that woman has quite impressive vocal control, and can put on one hell of a performance. During one of her songs she crouched right beside one of the security guards and sang right by his ear - with what I could tell with my view, that is.

I am so happy to finally read positive comments. I will never understand the mugs who bitch about the set list, etc. I have always considered myself very lucky indeed to even attend a show. 30 plus shows and counting now and I have never been disappointed. I was at the Salt Lake City show on the 16th and had the time of my life. Front row, right up against the stage. A few seconds into Speedway, Moz looked right at me, walked over, shook my hand, and softly said 'thank you'! I became 9 feet tall and could have pulled my car home to Boise! The show was superb. Very small venue so the sound was perfect, Moz was in top form vocally and in a playful, talkative mood. The band killed. It was spectacular. It always is. Complain all you want you 'so-called fans'. Bitch about how dull the show was, how you have heard all the songs before, the jerk who was behind you, whatever. Just remember, he wont be around forever. So shut your gobs and enjoy the show no matter what he plays. You are still seeing Morrissey live, and the last time you see him, might just be the last time you ever see him.

I am so happy to finally read positive comments. I will never understand the mugs who bitch about the set list, etc. I have always considered myself very lucky indeed to even attend a show. 30 plus shows and counting now and I have never been disappointed. I was at the Salt Lake City show on the 16th and had the time of my life. Front row, right up against the stage. A few seconds into Speedway, Moz looked right at me, walked over, shook my hand, and softly said 'thank you'! I became 9 feet tall and could have pulled my car home to Boise! The show was superb. Very small venue so the sound was perfect, Moz was in top form vocally and in a playful, talkative mood. The band killed. It was spectacular. It always is. Complain all you want you 'so-called fans'. Bitch about how dull the show was, how you have heard all the songs before, the jerk who was behind you, whatever. Just remember, he wont be around forever. So shut your gobs and enjoy the show no matter what he plays. You are still seeing Morrissey live, and the last time you see him, might just be the last time you ever see him.

Well said! I'm off to see him in NY and was starting to worry about what the crowds were like I the US. I feel the tides are turning somewhat.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom