Morrissey Central "BAWDY BOYS OF SONG VEGAS NOW!" (July 4, 2022)

0-6_hrfuo5.jpg
0-1_veh8eh.png

0-7_r168yd.jpg

0-8_gpskfq.jpg
0-9_qz2hkz.jpg

Regards,
FWD.

Thank You

Quite
Paul whom I will ONLY refer to from now on as Trumpo Gimpo is at least wise in concentrating on the part of the song which has a point.
The anti-terrorist Muslim part, (the killer) is fair enough. I'm pro that I also think the government is way too easy on some of these Muslim extremists and Trump Gimpo is right to mention the refuge part I think - its awful what's happening in England

But you know Trump Gimpo uses these truths and uses them to deliver some ill-thought-out, clout-chasing garbage. He is so fake as well.
Little middle-class grunge boy (not even into M) makes a website, hooks up with Alex
and says whatever pays his way. He was in love with Trump and stands for nowt.
The trouble is, M has to now side with whatever media supports him, as not much of it does

Last edited:
Let’s be having more Annie Walker in the back drop….

And on that irrelevant note, shall we raise our imaginary glasses to Boz who is missed.

Wonder what he’s doing…. Getting sloshed in the sun at Serra Vista studios probably and rightly so. Bravo, m’man. 👏
is bozz actually missed,cant say iv noticed.hes been phoning it in for years so not a big deal

Hi J
I'm not even sure what he meant by it. ..
was it-ref to my comment about them lot saying mate a lot?
Nah. Think it was aimed at Morrissey as per usual. He will be sat there at home praying for a media storm & concert cancellations. Then he’ll tell us all how he told us so🙄

Business Idea
remember some years ago . You used to get those people who would record gigs - soundboard
Then burn them on CDs and sell them at gigs ?
They should do that for these. He KNOWS we are gonna get a lot of Youtube stuff
why not give the fans good versions and a momento?

It could even be a ticket add on
Could sell for $ 12.00. if its a 4000 venue. Say 2500 buy one that's over 32k per night
even if its 15k a night that's not bad. do that for even 3 nights that's over 45k
Cash In The Attic
metallica used to do that for years,they would have banks of recorders and once the show was finished they copy thousands of cds and sell them to the people who were leaving the concert.saw it in one of their documentaries.

I have a theory….. both ‘you know who’ and the Brummie are the same person.

Almost. Actually they’re connected at the head and unfortunately for us need to share one brain, but that’s obvious from their posts.

edit: for example, see below.

Last edited:
Business Idea
remember some years ago . You used to get those people who would record gigs - soundboard
Then burn them on CDs and sell them at gigs ?
They should do that for these. He KNOWS we are gonna get a lot of Youtube stuff
why not give the fans good versions and a momento?

It could even be a ticket add on
Could sell for $ 12.00. if its a 4000 venue. Say 2500 buy one that's over 32k per night
even if its 15k a night that's not bad. do that for even 3 nights that's over 45k
Cash In The Attic
Yes, Johnny Marr did this at London and Manchester shows in 2018. You pick up the cd as you leave the show. You have to have a lot of balls to do this actually, complete confidence. Luckily they were both remarkable shows.

The Flop Era continues...and intensifies...as soon as 'Bonfire Of Teenagers' is released, any remaining residual goodwill towards Morrissey will be unceremoniously torched on the funeral pyre-bonfire of vanities of his delusionality, the execrable lyrics to that silly dirge are helpfully provided as kindling. What a dreadful aul eejit yer man turned out to be, eh lads?

BB

The Flop Era continues...and intensifies...as soon as 'Bonfire Of Teenagers' is released, any remaining residual goodwill towards Morrissey will be unceremoniously torched on the funeral pyre-bonfire of vanities of his delusionality, the execrable lyrics to that silly dirge are helpfully provided as kindling. What a dreadful aul eejit yer man turned out to be, eh lads?

BB
I’m trying to gauge your anger; particularly as it seems there was a time when you rather liked Morrissey. Was there a particular event, or recording, that flipped your lid?

I distinguish you from the other haters because (save for the outstanding question above), as you do generally articulate a reason for your loathing.

I really like the backdrop of California Son's father-in-law. I just wish Nancy would come out from backstage and do a duet of "Let Me Kiss You", but she has her hands full making all the spaghetti and her famous marinara sauce for the post gig meal.

I'm glad California Son took July 4th off so he could get back home to LA and see the fireworks show at his beloved Dodger Stadium to celebrate his country's obliteration of England.

Last edited:
Yes, Johnny Marr did this at London and Manchester shows in 2018. You pick up the cd as you leave the show. You have to have a lot of balls to do this actually, complete confidence. Luckily they were both remarkable shows.
metallica used to do that for years,they would have banks of recorders and once the show was finished they copy thousands of cds and sell them to the people who were leaving the concert.saw it in one of their documentaries.
Yes, there was a Business in the UK that used to go around doing it,
I guess they do the work, provide the tech and the artist gets a 30% cut.
It would be a good idea for these residencies
Though, in truth, I would buy one every single gig - do nice covers. Be good and its a physical product for what is an emotions-based event

Bawdy boys of song, indeed! This may be the best band line-up yet.

And the new songs are brilliant! Especially Bonfire, so moving. Can’t wait for its eventual release!

Viva MOZ !!!

:thumb:
No. It is DEFINITELY not the best band line up. Although its great to see Alain back. I don't know what you were doing in 1991, 2006 and 2014-19... Plus i don't have to pay for the band......One can only imagine.

Hazard x

Meant to say, I like the new bassist.
Funny how Morrissey is called a racist, yet has a more racially mixed band than 95% of Uk indie rock/ pop acts

Let’s be having more Annie Walker in the back drop….

And on that irrelevant note, shall we raise our imaginary glasses to Boz who is missed.

Wonder what he’s doing…. Getting sloshed in the sun at Serra Vista studios probably and rightly so. Bravo, m’man. 👏
Nope. We've had enough Boz. His service was admirable but it's time to move on to other pastures.

No. It is DEFINITELY not the best band line up. Although its great to see Alain back. I don't know what you were doing in 1991, 2006 and 2014-19... Plus i don't have to pay for the band......One can only imagine.

Hazard x

All those years, I’ve been there. ‘best’? It’s subjective. The Lads in 92 were untouchable.
There’s just something about this line-up that’s a comforting balance, just seems right. Though it won’t last, they never do. And that’s fine too.

What about Boz? Boz was the music overseer until the last two lps
(I'm not sure what that role means)

He also wrote, among others -
Jackie's Only Happy When Shes
Art Hounds
Staircase at the uni
Come Back To Camden
Now My Heart Is Full
World Peace Is None Of Your
Istanbul
I'm Not Sorry
I Wish You Lonely
I lIke You
etc etc
Also, his solo efforts are way better than Alain's. I like Alain's songs though just think you are being unfair
I also think people are unfair about Jesse, I never used to care for him I used to think he was awful a complete moron who butchered Smiths and M songs
I still think some of that but my mind changed when I heard I Thought You Were Dead
That song is brilliant, one of M's best songs for years, and then he wrote River Clean.
I think that it is great that we can have an honest discussion, without the constant barrage of being unkind (of which I have taken a part sometimes, in defense of what I write)….I think Alain and Boz are both amazing. I fear what would have happened to Morrissey’s career had he not found them, (or they found him). But one never knows. That’s a rabbit hole we aren’t going down now.

Admittedly, I prefer Alain’s solo efforts versus Boz’s, but when you have I Can Have Both it’s hard to justify my opinion. They both brought us incredible songs that will stay with us forever. And both are genuinely nice men as far as I have seen and know.

I haven’t heard the new songs yet (see an earlier post)….but my thoughts on Jesse in the past have been pretty negative. But that was when we didn’t have Alain. Now the dynamic has changed, and let’s see what a collaboration between the two can give us. We never know.

But I have to have hope, because sometimes music is all I have left in this unkind world.

Be well and safe all……..

is bozz actually missed,cant say iv noticed.hes been phoning it in for years so not a big deal
If we are to be honest, as much as we love Boz…this statement is 100% correct. Maybe Boz as ’director’ did so many things we didn’t/couldn’t see, his true value will never be known.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom