Morrissey Central "BAWDY BOYS OF SONG VEGAS NOW!" (July 4, 2022)

0-6_hrfuo5.jpg
0-1_veh8eh.png

0-7_r168yd.jpg

0-8_gpskfq.jpg
0-9_qz2hkz.jpg

Regards,
FWD.

Thank God his new songs are solid. It’s been far too long, since Ringleaders. After that he was cursed with Jesse alone. He desperately needed Alain back. As everyone can tell he has only gotten better since his return. I’ll be front and center for the next 3 shows, praising Morrissey again after 10 years. Oh, I’m going to burst with emotion when he come out. The excitement is finally overwhelming. If you are reading this Alain, please tell M to play “Life Is A Pigsty”, I know that’s one of your favorite songs as well.

Moz Vegas or Bust!!!
I think you are in love with Alain.the cowboy guitar , Not morrisey.

Thank God his new songs are solid. It’s been far too long, since Ringleaders. After that he was cursed with Jesse alone. He desperately needed Alain back. As everyone can tell he has only gotten better since his return. I’ll be front and center for the next 3 shows, praising Morrissey again after 10 years. Oh, I’m going to burst with emotion when he come out. The excitement is finally overwhelming. If you are reading this Alain, please tell M to play “Life Is A Pigsty”, I know that’s one of your favorite songs as well.

Moz Vegas or Bust!!!
What ??you better cry when you get there in the center so i can see you bitch face . it seems like it will be your first time there. if you can write better songs for my mozz. Prove it . Let's see if you have any talents. .don't blame Jesse for M. Choices . stop being a bitch !! Hater bitch bitch bitch is you talent. !!

I'm not angry. Circus clowns like Morrissey amuse me.

He has abused the trust placed in him by vulnerable people. That's why he now faces reputational oblivion.
Fortunately for M he lives there..it’s water off a 🦆’s back
M will do as he pleases, he has 0 care for anyone’s feelings or opinions, except for his own, which perhaps he feels he is entitled to and stuff the consequences.
I am sorry for disillusioned and disappointed folk who gave up time and energy equating to years of their life supporting him as he seems to be ignoring them and playing up and to a newer, younger audience and the old faithful are an afterthought, borne out by the setlist which smells like teen potpourri (IMHO)

You are severely wrong. Even if the remaining six tracks are somehow lounge or dance-bop dreck (difficult to imagine, these five being so excellent, yet possible, given the last five years), he's still got at least half an album that scorches his critics. And that will suffice.

While your macho vintner in Tool offers gooey New Age pablum like "we are all one spark, eyes full of wonder" and contemplates climate change with the optimistic spiritualism of "pray we mitigate the ruin," Morrissey cannot be bothered with idiot futility & hand-wringing and gets straight to the point in Sure Enough with "please be fair, you should tell the little kids they live in hell now." And while Tool mines the 70s for one its worst genres, prog, Morrissey's co-writer on this one seems to have channeled Thin Lizzy and Cheap Trick, a very tasty slice of the 70s. Bawdy boys of song indeed. I will grant you that a "Flop Era" did occur (2017-2021), but finally, it seems to have ended. Who knows, maybe he signed another pact with a demon. As the medieval saying goes, "the devil has all the best tunes."
What a bizarre interjection.

Maybe you could try explaining what you actually mean by this, so we can at least try and understand your viewpoint? You articulate well, in the main, and I, for one, am genuinely intrigued. I'm sure others on here are too.

Who are these "vulnerable" people, and what "trust" did they place in Morrissey?

Without further clarity, these kind of statements (and the many other negative comments you make) come across as just hateful, and even sinister, thoughts from within your own mind.

Surely even you can see that?
Morrissey monetized mental illness...he is a cultural criminal.

Your not a fan of Dog? One of the saddest things about the current set list, for me, is that it reminds that that album will never get its proper due in a live context. And I can’t think of an LP he’s made in the last quarter of a century that would translate better to the stage of the smaller venues he’s about to play.

Actually, reviving That’s How People Grow Up is pretty sad too—albeit in a different way.

I liked a lot of the lyrics on Dog on a Chain, but the music was just not for me. And even some of the lyrics were wanting. Darling, I Hug a Pillow is one of his very worst songs of all time: elevator music with a cloying, tinny backup chorus, and lyrically just a re-tread of I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris. Maybe Mando Lopez got fired for co-writing that one after Morrissey came out of his stupor and back to his senses.

What a bizarre interjection.

It was no more bizarre an interjection than your coming onto a thread about Moz Vegas and crowing for the 5,900th-odd time how you think Morrissey is a poseur and the puppet of a feminist Illuminati. I am always willing to pay you the compliment of taking your schtick unseriously, but I've told you this before: you're a good writer and you've come up with a clever persona, and your conspiracy theory would actually be funny. Unfortunately Aztec Camera came up with a much better and funnier one. His is Morrissey's quiff, and yours is just Maynard James Keenan's mohawk mullet. Know when to throw in the towel.

Nothing. It's one of M's best songs in 25 years
I meant, I used to think Jesse was a useless dick, then he did I Thought You Were Dead
Which is a brilliant little Cajun number (kinda) so that changed my mind
Then he did River Clean, which is fantastic and that solidified the fact I like his stuff
"You get me?"
Thank you for taking my repost of your deletion in good humour

Peace to ya
Momma dearest
Momma dearest. What the f. Is that? . Are you black? From the states?just curious. 🤔. Dick heads are all you. !! When you insult a fine artist like Jesse. makes me upset let's see what are you talents blocked heads !!!Jess songs are brilliant. I thought you where dead , one I saw the river, my huring days are done ,. I hope I can here live those in Las Vegas.

As he sits there behind Morrissey, drumming away to these excellent new songs, Brendan Buckley's physiognomy reminds me a bit of Alan Ruck, the actor who played Cameron Frye in Ferris Bueller's Day Off, which for me, as a child of the 80s, adds nicely to the nostalgia quotient of things in Rebels Without Applause. It'll never be like the old days anymore, and we all live in hell (or oblivion) now.

As he sits there behind Morrissey, drumming away to these excellent new songs, Brendan Buckley's physiognomy reminds me a bit of Alan Ruck, the actor who played Cameron Frye in Ferris Bueller's Day Off, which for me, as a child of the 80s, adds nicely to the nostalgia quotient of things in Rebels Without Applause. It'll never be like the old days anymore, and we all live in hell (or oblivion) now.
Well said. And you are absolutely right about Cameron Frye. If I may add, the old days are a place that has vanished from this planet completely, a world that does no longer exist and has for ever disappeared and sunken into oblivion. We, who lived in this world, for better or for worse, are all homeless.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom