Barry Adamson (The Bad Seeds and Magazine) on being ignored by Morrissey

An anonymous person sends the link:

Barry Adamson: 'I've been called the outsider's outsider' - The Guardian
The Bad Seeds and Magazine bassist on writing music for David Lynch, being ignored by Morrissey and moving to Moss Side to recuperate after the 80s

Excerpt:

Did you have many encounters with the other Manchester misfits – Ian Curtis, Morrissey and so on?
It was a breeding ground for those people, so you’d see them all the time. I chatted to Ian Curtis a lot. Morrissey not so much. We once shared a dressing room, neither of us saying a word. Afterwards he said: “What was wrong with that guy? He wouldn’t talk to me.” I thought it was the other way round.

perspective can be funny as well as reputation. i do like both the bad seeds and david lynch (mulhulland drive is one of my fav and best movies) though i did wonder which morrison was in the band for a bit. detritus wil probably find that funny maybe. i was like that dude can do anything

An anonymous person sends the link:

Barry Adamson: 'I've been called the outsider's outsider' - The Guardian
The Bad Seeds and Magazine bassist on writing music for David Lynch, being ignored by Morrissey and moving to Moss Side to recuperate after the 80s

Excerpt:

Did you have many encounters with the other Manchester misfits – Ian Curtis, Morrissey and so on?
It was a breeding ground for those people, so you’d see them all the time. I chatted to Ian Curtis a lot. Morrissey not so much. We once shared a dressing room, neither of us saying a word. Afterwards he said: “What was wrong with that guy? He wouldn’t talk to me.” I thought it was the other way round.

This must have been the Nosebleeds gig at The Ritz as The Smiths didn't support Magazine (they did support Devoto on his own but I don't think Adamson was with him then.

This must have been the Nosebleeds gig at The Ritz as The Smiths didn't support Magazine (they did support Devoto on his own but I don't think Adamson was with him then.

Actually, he did.

I went to the Howard Devoto gig at The Lyceum Ballroom in The Strand, London on Sunday 7th August 1983. The Smiths (the first time I saw them play live) and SPK were the supports. Barry Adamsom was definitely in Devoto's band that night. I assumed that that must be the gig which he referred to them sharing a dressing room.

Actually, he did.

I went to the Howard Devoto gig at The Lyceum Ballroom in The Strand, London on Sunday 7th August 1983. The Smiths (the first time I saw them play live) and SPK were the supports. Barry Adamsom was definitely in Devoto's band that night. I assumed that that must be the gig which he referred to them sharing a dressing room.
Holy shit, The Smiths once shared a bill with SPK?

Actually, he did.

Happy to stand corrected - thanks :)

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom