Barcelona - Sant Jordi Club (Oct. 10, 2014) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

The Queen Is Dead / The Bullfighter Dies / Kiss Me A Lot / Certain People I Know / Earth Is The Loneliest Planet / How Soon Is Now? / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Neal Cassady Drops Dead / Trouble Loves Me / Istanbul / Kick the Bride Down The Aisle / To Give (The Reason I Live) / Meat Is Murder / Speedway / I'm Not A Man / Asleep // Everyday Is Like Sunday

set list provided by Alejandro Kapecevich from Typical Me on Facebook, posted by Raphael Lambach. Correction by Juliusmonk.

• THE COMPLETE PICTURE - Comunidad Morrissey / Facebook group (18 photos). Link posted by www.thesmithschile.cl.

barcelona.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Article: Barcelona - Palau Sant Jordi (Oct. 10, 2014) post-show

selfish I know but if he is about to pack it in after his novel then I am on that stage for a handshake

selfish I know but if he is about to pack it in after his novel then I am on that stage for a handshake

He'll never retire. He loves attention too much.

Yeh ! On meat pies and sausage rolls

Have you seen what most men his age look like? Stop expecting him to look like he did in 1984

He greeted a Manuel in particular, who has seen Morrissey in every tour since 1991 and used to run a zine called "Drive Me Home". Morrissey has done that quite a few times (even in Who Put The M), sometimes singing his name amongst the lyrics of live songs.

Note: excuse my english please.

Very professional show last night in Barcelona. Very happy to be there.
Morrissey is more than a crooner and he knows that and the audience should know but i'm not sure...
Nothing to say about the setlist, it's ok to promote the new album and sing a few Smiths songs, but I missed "Mountjoy", a very nice piece, from the last álbum, and also missed another momento from the past Morrissey besides Speedway and Everyday is like Sunday.
The gossip:
-Morrissey critized bullfighting in Spain "the shame of Spain" he said, ¿he knows Barcelona is fighting for selfdetermination rights?.
-Morrissey made a comment about Green Day nomination for induction Hall of Fame, He congratulare the band with really "no sarcasm".
-Greeting some front row fans calling them "Hi Manuel".:).

Last Albums are inspired in Rome, France...now Barcelona?

First heard " back to New Dehli" which made the song nicely racist, but "back to the deli" sounds...not much better...
What's he harping on about now? Women who like to eat and watch telly? That's nearly half the world's population, except for those women who don't have anything to eat or a tv set...

Whoever that's about, how can that even shittier version give anyone the giggles or make them go dawww, I'd love to know...
I'd bin it. Quickly. Very quickly. People might then still pretend they haven't heard...

Last edited by a moderator:

before you condemn or bin it you might want to actually know what hes saying and who its about as he did recently say who its about and the lyrics are wildly available. i first thought it about the stereotype and people who become contestants on who wants to marry a millionaire who by title and definition seem to be saying exactly what youre implying. its not and is about a single person but ill let you read about it if you want to know

before you condemn or bin it you might want to actually know what hes saying and who its about as he did recently say who its about and the lyrics are wildly available. i first thought it about the stereotype and people who become contestants on who wants to marry a millionaire who by title and definition seem to be saying exactly what youre implying. its not and is about a single person but ill let you read about it if you want to know

Well we would save time if you told me directly who it's about...?
If you could do that for every Morrissey song, I'd really appreciate... :)

This song would still not be very good though.

But even if you have a delightful object of study, you can produce crap anyway. It's been proven so many times, it makes you dizzy...Oh well. :(

Handshake? I'm not sure about this, but I think I've gone to third base with him on stage (in the dramatic inference). (I've no idea what/where third base is. I don't know much about bases or heterosexuality.) I may have gone there with Boz. I'm not sure if either was intentional.

Go for the handshake. Disregard my other comments.

Why don't you just tell us.

because it was a royal and was mentioned here on this site. im not brittish nor do i know the royal family really at all but i did remember that and how people reacted to it. i didnt try to say the name because youd have to look it up anyway for the specific though do because they had a nice conversation about it. curious though so let me ask, if a he wrote a song about a man looking to just do anything to hook up with women would they assume the same (i feel there are many songs like this and they dont)? whys he trying to paint all men like womanizers, whys he trying to make all men some cheap stereotype? i dont think people had the same reaction to im not a man. i dont believe they did nor would they deny some element of truth in the stereotype or be offended by the common belief of it. if he sang he just wants some woman to cook his eggs i dont think people would have the same reaction or be so universally offended by it. theyd probably find something or some element of truth to that stereotype. at least i believe so. seems defensive thinking to me. not liking the music is fine but i dont think the song has any broad brush painting all women as anything one way or the other and rather thats just people being defensive though i think i understand why.

wish i could remember what thread. might have been the lyrics thread or one of the interview ones (i wanna say one of the interview ones but im not sure). someone else here must remember that though. i love the music personally as it feels like a funeral march (which is another moz self reference on world peace) and i love that. a bride walking down an isle to a funeral march to mark the birth (death) of her life.

as for telling you the meaning behind all moz songs, ill leave that to the excellent rogan and his book the meaning behind every morrissey song and lyric which was a stupid good read and was very informative to me.

411T37FH3ML._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

as for telling you the meaning behind all moz songs, ill leave that to the excellent rogan and his book the meaning behind every morrissey song and lyric

And what makes Johnny Rogan's interpretations any more valid than yours or mine?

There's one person who knows what the origins and inspirations are behind every Morrissey song and lyric, and it's not Johnny Rogan…

mostly the reasoning he used to support each interpretation which used much of morrisseys own words the words of the producers players and those close to making the records. it was very dry academic and reasonably sourced i believe.

mostly the reasoning he used to support each interpretation which used much of morrisseys own words the words of the producers players and those close to making the records. it was very dry academic and reasonably sourced i believe.
So? No matter how many hours Johnny Rogan spent poring over old Morrissey interviews or speaking with former Morrissey collaborators, it still doesn't lend him any actual insight into what was running through Morrissey's mind when he was writing the lyrics.

Furthermore, one of Morrissey's strengths as a lyricist is the ambiguity of his writing and the way his words invite multiple interpretations. He might have one very specific thing in mind when writing a song, but because so much of his writing is multidimensional, the possibility of meaning is expansive.

Last edited:

So? No matter how many hours Johnny Rogan spent poring over old Morrissey interviews or speaking with former Morrissey collaborators, it still doesn't lend him any actual insight into what was running through Morrissey's mind when he was writing the lyrics.

Furthermore, one of Morrissey's strengths as a lyricist is the ambiguity of his writing and the way his words invite multiple interpretations. He might have one very specific thing in mind when writing a song, but because so much of his writing is multidimensional, the possibility of meaning is expansive.

Very well said!

Thank you!!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom