Barcelona - Sant Jordi Club (Oct. 10, 2014) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

The Queen Is Dead / The Bullfighter Dies / Kiss Me A Lot / Certain People I Know / Earth Is The Loneliest Planet / How Soon Is Now? / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Neal Cassady Drops Dead / Trouble Loves Me / Istanbul / Kick the Bride Down The Aisle / To Give (The Reason I Live) / Meat Is Murder / Speedway / I'm Not A Man / Asleep // Everyday Is Like Sunday

set list provided by Alejandro Kapecevich from Typical Me on Facebook, posted by Raphael Lambach. Correction by Juliusmonk.

• THE COMPLETE PICTURE - Comunidad Morrissey / Facebook group (18 photos). Link posted by www.thesmithschile.cl.

barcelona.jpg

Last edited:
So my own personal review. I've been following (feeding from) the site for quite a while, been a fan since MiM, but only just registered.

I think it was a good, solid show. The audience in Barcelona is often populated by people that seem to only be there because 'they have to', busy therefore documenting that they're in the venue without actually watching the show. Half of it (at least) was rather passive and only the encore seemed to be massively welcomed. The sound was very good, at least from where I was standing. I loved Trouble Loves Me, Kiss Me a Lot, World Peace, Asleep and To Give - the crooner style of which suits Moz very well right now in my opinion. I think this tour is interesting in that Moz is playing a lot of songs (8/9) from a new record that is poorly distributed, and, with few exceptions, pretty obscure tracks for the casual fan - add to that the Meat is Murder videos, finishing with Asleep before the encore, etc and it is a 'difficult' concert that won't be getting him new fans I reckon. The guy has balls though - it can't be denied.

Moz seemed to be in good shape and mood, excellent singing voice that I feared was about to give in halfway through, but that he seemed to recover quickly. One (tolerated) stage invasion, lots of handshakes. He was chatty, the funniest was the "... Very sincerely... No sarcasm ... Very sincerely, no sarcasm..." reference to Green Day and the R'n'R HoF 2015. The 'I have a name' came as a response to shy 'Morrissey' chants during the silent Speedway interlude. Apparently, exactly the same band introduction by Gustavo in Spanish as in Madrid. 'Lonely in Barcelona' t-shirts for the band, which was again very tight so it is difficult to highlight or dismiss anyone. Moz wore a black shirt throughout, changed to white (and indeed tossed it) for the encore.

I think the video recording equipment that was mentioned was simply national and local TV filming at the beginning.

Overall, a thoroughly enjoyable concert!

Last edited:
Re: Article: Barcelona - Palau Sant Jordi (Oct. 10, 2014) post-show

'Lonely in Barcelona' t-shirts'

Harvest will probably start selling 'f*** LONELY IN BARCELONA' t-shirts.

I have it on good authority (no, I simply heard) that this show was professionally filmed. Any truth to that?

Yes, it was filmed on 15 iphones......

You know, if all the iphone users got together and only 1 person HD recorded each song, and kept still, and then
you tubed it afterwards, then there would be 20 great videos and also these clips would not be so muffled.

Instead of the jumping around that usually happens or these phones stop recording after 15 mins with a 4gb video clip, which can sometimes then take time to transfer from a phone...

Failing that, someone dangles from the balcony with zoom :) - JB or BG or Kewpie or BrummieBoy
to begin with could volunteer !

Last edited:

Finally a new shirt! Love how he finds one he likes and buys it in every color. Are these DVN?

Good performance, very passive crowd, but the man seemed a little tired to me or is it just assumptions?

My highlights: Kiss me a lot ( I was the only one jumping), Trouble loves me, Speedway, Asleep and Everyday is like Sunday.

I was also pleased with the rendition of (the overplayed) How soon is now.

Good performance, very passive crowd, but the man seemed a little tired to me or is it just assumptions?

My highlights: Kiss me a lot ( I was the only one jumping), Trouble loves me, Speedway, Asleep and Everyday is like Sunday.

I was also pleased with the rendition of (the overplayed) How soon is now.

Oh god if he's tired 3 shows in everyone is screwed.

Yes, it was filmed on 15 iphones......

You know, if all the iphone users got together and only 1 person HD recorded each song, and kept still, and then
you tubed it afterwards, then there would be 20 great videos and also these clips would not be so muffled.

Instead of the jumping around that usually happens or these phones stop recording after 15 mins with a 4gb video clip, which can sometimes then take time to transfer from a phone...

Failing that, someone dangles from the balcony with zoom :) - JB or BG or Kewpie or BrummieBoy
to begin with could volunteer !

Good point, although I was suprised at the lack of mobile phones in a city with five mobiles per capita.

Last nights gig I have seen Morrissey all over the UK but this was my first time outside off it !!?

Am from Aberdeen in Scotland so most my gigs have been in england so that was almost a foregin country for me am one the proud ones and voted YES ....
Political bit done onto my little bit about last night

No support act just the 30 minute video clip most off which I have seen before nice little clip about how thatchers dead will go down well back home.
And then bang hes back looking great sounding great and the hairs on back my neck standing on end again !!
Eveyone seems to moan about setlists me its always a pleasure hear any of the great mans songs sung live ...
sound was good in venue crowd were quiete and not what am used to at a morrissey gig I was with my wife so was no to worried about getting in amoungst it like I normally do (am 47 now)
Wife is no a the worlds biggest morrissey fan (although she did let me name our son after him ) but she has seen him a few times and commented she did not know a good few songs which I think wont get him any new fans unless they listend the new album
enjoyed my night although a couple screaming girls who were older enough to know better and 7 euro a beer and the long walk down the hill vor a taxi were no great ...
Hopefully make Dublin next and looking forward to it already !!

excuse the spelling and grammer done on my phone ...

So my own personal review. I've been following (feeding from) the site for quite a while, been a fan since MiM, but only just registered.

I think it was a good, solid show. The audience in Barcelona is often populated by people that seem to only be there because 'they have to', busy therefore documenting that they're in the venue without actually watching the show. Half of it (at least) was rather passive and only the encore seemed to be massively welcomed. The sound was very good, at least from where I was standing. I loved Trouble Loves Me, Kiss Me a Lot, World Peace, Asleep and To Give - the crooner style of which suits Moz very well right now in my opinion. I think this tour is interesting in that Moz is playing a lot of songs (8/9) from a new record that is poorly distributed, and, with few exceptions, pretty obscure tracks for the casual fan - add to that the Meat is Murder videos, finishing with Asleep before the encore, etc and it is a 'difficult' concert that won't be getting him new fans I reckon. The guy has balls though - it can't be denied.

Moz seemed to be in good shape and mood, excellent singing voice that I feared was about to give in halfway through, but that he seemed to recover quickly. One (tolerated) stage invasion, lots of handshakes. He was chatty, the funniest was the "... Very sincerely... No sarcasm ... Very sincerely, no sarcasm..." reference to Green Day and the R'n'R HoF 2015. The 'I have a name' came as a response to shy 'Morrissey' chants during the silent Speedway interlude. Apparently, exactly the same band introduction by Gustavo in Spanish as in Madrid. 'Lonely in Barcelona' t-shirts for the band, which was again very tight so it is difficult to highlight or dismiss anyone. Moz wore a black shirt throughout, changed to white (and indeed tossed it) for the encore.

I think the video recording equipment that was mentioned was simply national and local TV filming at the beginning.

A very accurate and perceptive review. Quite depressing seeing thousands flocking out of the enormous Palau St Jordi having seen Malu when a living legend was here in Barcelona.
Morrissey did indeed get frustrated at the lack of audience reaction and even when he made it easy for them "What's my name?" they failed to react (I tried). On a side note HELLO MODERATORS could you please allow user charmingmanuk66 to post - that's why I joined. Yes its true I may have put my password in incorrectly 7 trillion times last night but thats what happens when you are using a mobile on the move and you are not 14.

Let's be honest. Doing gigs on consecutive nights is doing no one any favours. No time to recover. No time a rehearse a new song (hint hint) No time to consider clever ways of getting the locals on your side. (hint. say one pertinent comment in the local language. say the city name a few time - its not rocket science) - charmingmanuk66 (p.s. unblock me please I am human etc)

A hater gig: boring as hell and a shitty sound.... So few to be remembered

good show, but short, just 1,5 hours exactly. Just Every Day Is Like Sunday encore, a white shirt tossed with a few use. Not like the black one... I would have choosen another set list, but everyone should choose a different one, so we have to accept Morrissey decision...
The biggest part of the new record, logically. A good record, somenone who still releases new records nowadays and able to wright new songs that sounds good, really a very special specimen. Just Morrissey

I thought he looked pretty knackered in Lisbon as well - a lot slower than when I've seen him in previous years. But let's face it, the guy has been seriously ill for the past couple of years, and by all reports could well have cancer. As long as he gets through the set, he's doing OK.

Solo 17 canciones. En Madrid 20!!
Mad in Madrid
Ill in Seville
Boring in Barcelona

f***ing retard, you have Morrissey standing in front of you for 90 minutes singing and that's the best you cab come up with?

Very nice review, thanks very much

It was a good gig but not as good as the one in Madrid. 'To give is the reason I live' should be buried forever and never be played again and I think it's time he stopped playing 'meat is murder' too, he's been playing it for years. He insists on playing five consecutive slow tracks which in my opinion is not a good idea and it certainly makes part of the audience a bit bored. 'to live...' was by far the low point of the gig.
First half, though, was amazing. All in all, vey good but shorter than Madrid and not as special.
I also agree with the poster who said that some people in Barcelona were there just for being there, I had a group of people around me who didn't seem to know a single song and were chatting all the time, quite annoying, I wish they'd been to the Malu gig instead.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom