Barcelona - Sant Jordi Club (Oct. 10, 2014) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

The Queen Is Dead / The Bullfighter Dies / Kiss Me A Lot / Certain People I Know / Earth Is The Loneliest Planet / How Soon Is Now? / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Neal Cassady Drops Dead / Trouble Loves Me / Istanbul / Kick the Bride Down The Aisle / To Give (The Reason I Live) / Meat Is Murder / Speedway / I'm Not A Man / Asleep // Everyday Is Like Sunday

set list provided by Alejandro Kapecevich from Typical Me on Facebook, posted by Raphael Lambach. Correction by Juliusmonk.

• THE COMPLETE PICTURE - Comunidad Morrissey / Facebook group (18 photos). Link posted by www.thesmithschile.cl.

barcelona.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Article: Barcelona - Palau Sant Jordi (Oct. 10, 2014) post-show

can someone hire a stylist for him! his outfits are getting gradually worser!!

so no analysis of anything can determine any correct result even using the singers/authors own words or secondary sources that the author spoke to. there is a light could just as easily be about a seal or a person to you guys? that seems ridiculous on its face. endless books talking about a beatles song Norwegian wood for example is indeterminable unless the author tells me what its about. how would i ever connect to the song/author then as it would seem i would never be able to tell what the song is about? any song. also what makes you think rogan didnt talk about the deliberate ambiguity or how moz deliberately leaves and invites various interpretations (of course how could i or you know he did does as he didnt tell you). how do you know his results didnt yeid some more uncertain than others. do you guys take this approach to literature as well. we dont know what dickens or any author meant because he never told us directly? it seems silly and untrue on its face and that youre taking an extreme side just because of the name rogan and are taking the stance that analysis is not worthwhile and yeids no correct results. didnt he hold up the severed alliance in court as evidence for his case

'To give is the reason I live' should be buried forever and never be played again and I think it's time he stopped playing 'meat is murder' too, he's been playing it for years. He insists on playing five consecutive slow tracks which in my opinion is not a good idea and it certainly makes part of the audience a bit bored. 'to live...' was by far the low point of the gig.

I wasn't at this show but I agree 100% from past experience about both "To Give" and Meat is Murder".

As for pacing, this year the setlists have often featured 5-7 upbeat songs right up front, and then it's snooze city for 30 minutes.

during speedway, he 'shouted': i have a name, i have a name! during kick the bride, he forgot the chorus or didnt want to sing it, and smiled 'i refuse to sing the words!'

"I have a name", by the sound of it, may be ambiguous in English: it can also be transcribed as "I have an aim". I think Morrissey was playing with this phonetic ambiguity because he's stated in many occasions that he doesn't really like to go by his name (and he was saying this right after people started to shout "Morrissey, Morrissey, Morrissey..."). Had he offered the possibility for the audience to speak up, I would have shouted out loud: "Morrissey, your aim is true!" (quoting one other personal favourite of mine, that is, Elvis Costello).

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom