Banner at Liverpool-Borussia Dortmund game; TTY link posted

Bit rich. You skim posts from TTY all the time. While constantly being critical of the site and the content. If you are unhappy with the site and how it operates don't link to it.

Note to Martin :
Never has there been a better time for you and the Lawnmowers to represent Steven and re-record There is a light and it never goes out !
All in the name of "Charity mate !"
R I P the 96 .
Watch your back Joe Anderson ! (Seriously)

#notforpublicityhonest!

Benny-the-British-Butcher

In fairness I have to agree with Uncle Skinny that someone in the Moz camp must read Moz Solo or at least scan the front page. That was a fantastic flag/banner to show at the Liverpool game. Morrissey has touched so many lives. His musical legacy is amazing. Just hoping he continues to add to it. World Peace is almost glued into my car stereo by now.

Well if it was Morrissey, he posted it right after he landed in LA. Wouldn't suprise me if he went to Coachella or at least the Savages concert. He is back home.

I hope to god Morrissey doesn't read this. I used to think it would be cool if he did, but now the idea makes me self-conscious, because what if moz thinks im like so uncool? i mean, it's hard to gauge how you're perceived online, without the aid of intonation and facial expressions and such, and often times the best people come off as total jackasses or bores or pitiful nuisances online. skinny for example, who might be a perfectly lovely person in real life. i have a pretty good idea that moz likely does not approve of him. no, not at all.

i just want mozzer to know, if he's reading this, that i am, like, so cool in real life. SO cool. and popular! SO popular. also an upstanding member of my community who is always putting others first.

no, not really, i lied.

Last edited:
I imagine the banner may have something to do with Dickie Felton. I could be wrong but I recall him and his mates having a There is A Light flag at the RAH gig in 2002. Ironic thing being Liverpool were playing Valencia in the Champions League the same evening.

Even more irony - Rafa Benitez was Valencia manager in a 2-0 victory for the Spaniards

Apologies if I'm completely wrong

Well if it was Morrissey, he posted it right after he landed in LA. Wouldn't suprise me if he went to Coachella or at least the Savages concert. He is back home.
Back home? to a place he no longer has a house.

I imagine the banner may have something to do with Dickie Felton. I could be wrong but I recall him and his mates having a There is A Light flag at the RAH gig in 2002. Ironic thing being Liverpool were playing Valencia in the Champions League the same evening.

Even more irony - Rafa Benitez was Valencia manager in a 2-0 victory for the Spaniards

Apologies if I'm completely wrong

I don't speak for Dickie but I know that he used to have a group of lads called the Bootle Boys who were similarly devoted the Liverpool Football Club and Morrissey. They had a banner with the Liverbird along with the There is a Light phrase. From what I know, the group no longer exists and Dickie devotes more time to Marine FC (lower division team in Liverpool) and no longer attends LFC matches on a regular basis. Still, the banner shown on Thurs was lovely. I'm still devoted to LFC, though. That match was brilliant!

I hope to god Morrissey doesn't read this. I used to think it would be cool if he did, but now the idea makes me self-conscious, because what if moz thinks im like so uncool? i mean, it's hard to gauge how you're perceived online, without the aid of intonation and facial expressions and such, and often times the best people come off as total jackasses or bores or pitiful nuisances online. skinny for example, who might be a perfectly lovely person in real life. i have a pretty good idea that moz likely does not approve of him. no, not at all.

i just want mozzer to know, if he's reading this, that i am, like, so cool in real life. SO cool. and popular! SO popular. also an upstanding member of my community who is always putting others first.

no, not really, i lied.

Like you, I hope Morrissey never visits this site. Besides the obvious fact that we all are a bunch of losers with nothing good that worth the time it takes to read it, I don't like to think he's absorbing all the trash that some people like Brummie Boy or Benny publish here about him. Even Uncleskinny has had a terrible attitude towards him in multiple occasions. It's unhealthy.
Then you have the stupid confrontation between The Smiths era and Solo era, when actually the man created all the material in the same way: he wrote the lyrics and someone else wrote the music. He sings all the songs and makes no difference between them. He is the same artist, then younger and now older, but all the songs belong to him in the same way.
Last, but not less annoying, there's an obscure interest of some members who dream with a reunion of The Smiths and critizice the musicians of his contemporary band, who seem to be very nice and supportive people, unlike the members of The Smiths, who betrayed him in a shameful way.
I would advise him staying away from this place, because nothing good can happen to the heart and mind of someone who reads online a lot of bullshit about his own persona.

Like you, I hope Morrissey never visits this site. Besides the obvious fact that we all are a bunch of losers with nothing good that worth the time it takes to read it, I don't like to think he's absorbing all the trash that some people like Brummie Boy or Benny publish here about him. Even Uncleskinny has had a terrible attitude towards him in multiple occasions. It's unhealthy.
Then you have the stupid confrontation between The Smiths era and Solo era, when actually the man created all the material in the same way: he wrote the lyrics and someone else wrote the music. He sings all the songs and makes no difference between them. He is the same artist, then younger and now older, but all the songs belong to him in the same way.
Last, but not less annoying, there's an obscure interest of some members who dream with a reunion of The Smiths and critizice the musicians of his contemporary band, who seem to be very nice and supportive people, unlike the members of The Smiths, who betrayed him in a shameful way.
I would advise him staying away from this place, because nothing good can happen to the heart and mind of someone who reads online a lot of bullshit about his own persona.
well that was harsh, calling people you dont even know losers. all i meant was that it's easy to sound kind of lame online. especially if you're not a brilliant wordsmith, like our morrissey (hi moz!), who is able to funnel your personality and all the tone and spirit and nuance it contains into words upon a screen so that people will understand exactly what you mean whenever you say anything. and even if you are, even then no matter how brilliantly you are able to do this, you are still at the mercy of how others choose to interpret your words; the level of transference of their own personalities they impose upon your words; and such things as the readers levels of objectivity, intelligence, and charitable attitude toward others--the latter of which has proved the most disappointing around here. or perhaps you believe that a loserly status is conferred upon a person the moment they post at a message board, a status which increases in proportion to the amount of time that person spends at that message board--a belief i at times buy into myself. but other than feeling a slight tinge of sheepish embarrassment about it, im not all that concerned because, after all, I consider playing video games and watching real housewives and smoking pot and fake tanning and spending a disproportionate amount of time cooking and playing mini golf and having children also to be loserly activities and i know tons of cool people who do those things, and i don't judge them for it. so--and you know this is really just a way for me to justify my being here, especially to dearest most handsomest Morrissey if he's listening--if i want to slum around a message board with frighteningly hostile, bizarrely guarded strangers I can if I want-- even if 99.9% of the time I do have to shake my head and wonder just what i think im getting out of it.

but now you've gone and drawn attention to my selfishness because here I was only thinking about me in saying I hope Morrissey doesn't come here (although I secretly still hope he does), while you were thinking about Morrissey and his feelings. well, I shouldn't like for his feelings to be hurt, of course, but I really doubt that someone with the perspective, worldliness and multitudes of adoring fans that mozzer has would really be all that bothered but what someone with the personality of rancid rice pudding (ie.skinny) has to say. in fact, what I don't understand is how he can not be tempted to reply when people say such ridiculous things about him (if it were me, I would be replying left right and centre. i would make a career out of it. hell, I wish I was the topic of a constant stream of nasty online remarks). hmm. dignity perhaps.

I see that banner all the time it say's it all. Also City have a banner THIS CHARMING MAN refering to the manager.

most people know exactly what it means, you and even now with the IQ of the average American probably think it refers to the light in your refrigerator

You really are a moron and this proves it. Don't you get that AC just posts things to get a rise out of people and to see if they respond. He is an off-color comic in the vein of Lenny Bruce. The fact that you actually buy into his BS says a lot about your intellect and it is not good. I picture him laughing out loud when he reads the responses to his posts. He never responds back directly.

Other than his racist remarks I find his posts on the whole pretty funny. But what is even more amusing to me is when people respond in earnest to what he writes. Like you have done. AC is our village idiot and you can claim that prize for Scotland. You must be very proud of this and to know that you have reached the pinnacle of your intellectual capabilities.

evennow, please stop it now.

You and IrishBlood can fight in off-topic fight thread.

Thanks.

yeah, but people on solo are not the only ones who dream of a reunion. If you go on twitter or any other site, most people want a smiths reunion. Even tho most of the people are just casual fans who enjoys smiths songs but don't really know the fights between the band and why they are never going to get back together. Actually, solo is one of the few sites where there are more people who don't want a full smiths reunion :confused:

Was Diesel with him ?

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Is that at Heathrow? I would not recognize him. One time I was at the food court at Glendale galleria and saw someone who resembled him. I stared and stared until he stared back then the disappointment came.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom