Banned Members "Amnesty"

Buzzetta I saw something gross and thought about you. Not because you are gross but because it was so graphic and nasty.

On The Pigsty; the rules are highly ambiguous when you get down to the fine details. I appreciate it's existence, don't get me wrong. But it seems like, since all the fine details haven't been worked out/explained, we only find out The Pigsty's limits when someone gets banned, etc.
Forgive me, but what I see here is faulty leadership and lack of clear direction on the details of The Pigsty from the very top. Since the beginning, everyone has been sort of unsure about exactly what the limits are there. Even mods on occassion have apprehensively admitted that the rules on The Pigsty aren't totally clear and that we need to wait for a response from the head honcho. It seems that response never comes however, and we're simply left with the hope that we don't cross that line in The Pigsty. I generally don't have a problem with it but others do, and I can understand why.

I also see something lacking concerning the Kewpie issue. She is a bad moderator. This issue is very clear to most, whether they care to admit it or not. She makes mistake after mistake. She overreacts time and again. She misunderstands and misreads people and then punishes them unjustly, and she can be vindictive and childish with the users here. Which is fine I suppose if you're a forum user, not so good when you're in charge of moderating the forums users. At what point does the leadership of this site say, "Look, thank you for being a faithful mod to this site but it doesn't seem to be the right fit for you. Thanks again for your service. Goodbye."?
She obviously lacks the skills to be an effective moderator. Honestly, it is hard to see that she has many of the qualifications or characteristics of being a good mod, except one - the fact that she can devote alot of time to doing it. But if she is doing a poor job at it, then what's the point? Suddenly, the fact that she can devote a lot of time to moderating also becomes a hindrance because that means she can devote a lot of time to doing it poorly.

It's one thing if there is disagreement between the leadership and the forum members on whether or not Kewpie is a good mod. It is another however to completely ignore what seems to be the overwhelming consensus of the users of the forum. On this issue as well, it feels as though the users feelings are simply ignored. There is no official response, or even an acknowledgement that there is a problem with Kewpie. It is simply absent. A simple acknowledgement by leadership about the fact that so many people take issue with her would go a long way, I believe.

Of course, the expectation shouldn't be that the sitemaster should micro-manage and respond to each and every small issue. But it seems these are fairly large issues that have been looming for some time, and it seems like sometimes the policy around here is that the most difficult problems are best left undealt with....and that seems like poor leadership to me. In fact it is.

That being said, what I do not mention above is the fact that I am highly grateful to Mr. Tseng that a site like this even exists (I have been here since close to it's beginning), and I also do not acknowledge above the fact that 95% of things are done magnificently around here. Again, what I take issue with is the fact that these large issues have been largely ignored.

Uncleskinny points out the fact that this site already has a more relaxed environment than many other music sites and I would agree with him. However, I would also say that is the reason why this is the only music site I go to generally, and why this place probably has a larger attendance than many other sites. But just because we are already better than some places shouldn't mean we can't strive to become even better, should it? Why stop at good enough?

Anyway, regarding NRITH, I also agree with this statement.

Fantastic post. If you remember the old boards which had no form of moderation, it was a complete nightmare. Not blowing my own trumpet but i petitioned Davidt (with others) to get a board in place with some sort of moderation necessary due to the very real nature of violence occurring away from the board. Certain members were actually tracking down users home addresses, personal information and posting it, a practice that needed to be stopped. The board you see today which has been in place for around 3 years now is that that solution. I was one of the first moderators for a temporary measure put in place on the old boards, recommended the impartial Uncleskinny as a mod who you still have today (a good job he does too) and myself got subsequently booted off with no explanation or reason.

But in my opinion after experiencing the new board, the moderation is way over the top, particularly by one member that i will not name. It makes the board a less enjoyable place to be as it cuts down the freedom of expression and makes posting a chore. Why should you come onto the board and have to run a search every single time you post something new in the fear you will look a right clown at a thread being moved into something partially relevant that was posted months ago?

I posted a thread saying a horse called 'Tony The Pony' was running in a race at Philly 2 weeks back, which was moved into a 'Tony The Pony' song thread from months ago? It's infuriating and a reason why i just stick to events now where i feel i have been caged into only posting in Star and Garter threads due to the scary nature of thread movement. I think this has caused me to have a phobia of this, there must be a word for it where you hold a constant fear of thread movement on an internet message board? :p

That's my bit out in the open and i will probably get banned for this. The joys of an internet message board hey? HAHA!

Why should you come onto the board and have to run a search every single time you post something new in the fear you will look a right clown at a thread being moved into something partially relevant that was posted months ago?

Actually.. on a lot of boards they actually get mad if you don't do a search. That is more for when you ask questions but some places are pretty bad.

I posted a thread saying a horse called 'Tony The Pony' was running in a race at Philly 2 weeks back, which was moved into a 'Tony The Pony' song thread from months ago? It's infuriating and a reason why i just stick to events now where i feel i have been caged into only posting in Star and Garter threads due to the scary nature of thread movement. I think this has caused me to have a phobia of this, there must be a word for it where you hold a constant fear of thread movement on an internet message board? :p

I have been doing plenty of complaining in the mods section recently over the excessive merging of threads. I think it happens way too much and I think the best way to deal with merging threads is when multiple threads pop up at the same time about the same thing or if there is an absolutely clear value to be gained in merging to threads, perhaps that the older thread has fantastic content that should not be missed. I think merging should be done in order to make users happier because of the merge... if that makes sense.

That's my bit out in the open and i will probably get banned for this. The joys of an internet message board hey? HAHA!

Not a chance. Nothing in here even worthy of a warning let alone a banning.

Not a chance. Nothing in here even worthy of a warning let alone a banning.

Maybe not, but he's probably going to wind up on Kewpie's shitlist, which means that she'll be on the lookout for the tinest thing that can be considered infractionable, like signature pics that are a couple pixels over the limit or ones that are animated. Or calling someone a bad name outside of the Pigsty (Oh, wait--that was you who banned me for that. :D)

Maybe not, but he's probably going to wind up on Kewpie's shitlist, which means that she'll be on the lookout for the tinest thing that can be considered infractionable, like signature pics that are a couple pixels over the limit or ones that are animated. Or calling someone a bad name outside of the Pigsty (Oh, wait--that was you who banned me for that. :D)

Yeah it was.. but you went big.. which is good.. go big or go home right? Plus you do have a bit of a history.. and I admit, I was aggressive the week the pigsty was created to try to set the tone that certain posts needed to go elsewhere. I gave quite a few timeouts that week and people quickly figured out that the pigsty actually gave you more power.

... and I didn't ban you.. it was a timeout.

Funny thing about the pigsty, I think it has actually created an environment where people feel more at liberty to say what they want and I think the users have actually gotten to know each other a lot better and have been nicer to each other as a whole.

Yeah it was.. but you went big.. which is good.. go big or go home right? Plus you do have a bit of a history.. and I admit, I was aggressive the week the pigsty was created to try to set the tone that certain posts needed to go elsewhere. I gave quite a few timeouts that week and people quickly figured out that the pigsty actually gave you more power.

... and I didn't ban you.. it was a timeout.

SAME THING.

Funny thing about the pigsty, I think it has actually created an environment where people feel more at liberty to say what they want and I think the users have actually gotten to know each other a lot better and have been nicer to each other as a whole.

I'm not sure about that. If anything, it means that those of us who click "New Posts" at the top instead of browsing through the subforums can get penalized, since I (and maybe everyone else) really don't pay any attention to what subforum threads are in. And if there's one thing that I don't wanna do before shooting my mouth off, it's stopping to make sure that I'm allowed to say it. :p

I'm not sure about that. If anything, it means that those of us who click "New Posts" at the top instead of browsing through the subforums can get penalized, since I (and maybe everyone else) really don't pay any attention to what subforum threads are in.

yep, thats me!

thats why when someone is like "Why was this moved?" im kinda like "oh, i hadnt noticed." :cool:

If it said "banned" as my custom user title, then I was banned. Not to say that I can't get them overturned...

That was before the code was fixed to make it more clear.

If it were to happen again you would see On A Timeout from this point out.

It was a 10 day time out. I don't know what you saw when you logged in because I don't remember when we changed it so the communication to the users would make more sense. So maybe you believed you were banned. It really doesn't matter since you are not banned but I'll leave it up to you if you would like the flog the equine corpse some more or not.

That was before the code was fixed to make it more clear.

If it were to happen again you would see On A Timeout from this point out.

It was a 10 day time out. I don't know what you saw when you logged in because I don't remember when we changed it so the communication to the users would make more sense. So maybe you believed you were banned. It really doesn't matter since you are not banned but I'll leave it up to you if you would like the flog the equine corpse some more or not.

"It's the only thing that never gets old." :D

That's exactly why I STARTED using the New Posts button! It should be renamed "Un-Kewpie-ized View".

I've used it from the beginning. I don't understand how anyone goes to individual forums. it's such a pain in the ass. the only thing I hate about the "new posts" feature is that it also brings up new posts in the "collectors corner" or "marketplace" which i usually don't give a shit about. but whatever, i just skip over them.

if having "Un-Kewpie-ized View" of the forums causes one problems
then perhaps the answer is simply not to view these forums in such a manner :straightface:
just a thought :rolleyes::lbf:

I've used it from the beginning. I don't understand how anyone goes to individual forums. it's such a pain in the ass. the only thing I hate about the "new posts" feature is that it also brings up new posts in the "collectors corner" or "marketplace" which i usually don't give a shit about. but whatever, i just skip over them.

Snap.It'll get me banned in the end

Just to piss her off, we should re-create every topic on the forum and just post them in the pigsty and just tell certain moderators to piss off

Or you could tell your mummy to call her mummy and tell her she's being mean to you....

Tags
britney dave is love daveinaskirt ho hum paris
Back
Top Bottom