Banned from the forum courtesy of a PM from Kewpie - "Returning troll" ?

Frank's Wild Years

Having forgotten about the existence of this username and, in fact, that I ever posted on this forum (my stats reveal that it's been the best part of three years since I posted and only a rummage through an email account I now barely use caused me to (re)learn of this name's existence...) I registered with a near identical moniker and posted in this thread (mine is the last post on the page)...

http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showthread.php?t=90874&page=14

...only to open up my email this evening and discover that I've been handed an "infraction" as a "returning troll" by an individual known as 'Kewpie'. No further explaination was deemed necessary.

I think that everyone will agree that it would be extremely prudent for those at the helm of what is surely the busiest and most productive Morrissey forum in existence not to hand such power to those who appear to possess a very low level of practical literacy and may therefore brand someone a "returning troll" because they are unable to tell otherwise.

Last edited:
Having forgotten about the existence of this username and, in fact, that I ever posted on this forum (my stats reveal that it's been the best part of three years since I posted and only a rummage through an email account I now barely use caused me to (re)learn of its existence...) I registered with a near identical moniker and posted in this thread (mine is the last post on the page)...

...only to open up my email this evening and discover that I've been handed an "infraction" as a "returning troll" by an individual known as 'Kewpie'. No further explaination was deemed necessary.

I think that everyone will agree that it would be extremely prudent for those at the helm of what is surely the busiest and most productive Morrissey forum in existence not to hand such power to those who appear to possess a very low level of practical literacy and may therefore brand someone a "returning troll" because they are unable to tell otherwise.

Congratulations, you've been Kewpied. If the stick with which you are beating that dead horse breaks, I will be happy to lend you mine.

Having forgotten about the existence of this username and, in fact, that I ever posted on this forum (my stats reveal that it's been the best part of three years since I posted and only a rummage through an email account I now barely use caused me to (re)learn of its existence...) I registered with a near identical moniker and posted in this thread (mine is the last post on the page)...

Unbelievable. Please email David T about it and explain what happened. Even if your former identity was a troll, 3 years should more than exceed the statute of limitations.

Unbelievable. Please email David T about it and explain what happened. Even if your former identity was a troll, 3 years should more than exceed the statute of limitations.

Well, I only made nine posts in 2006, and I've just re-read them all. As far as I can tell it got no more controversial than calling David Cameron "vile", which I'm not sure would warrant being thrown overboard.

Well, Frank, you have to admit that your discussion of the relative value of collectible vinyl got pretty spicy. It's not a surprise you were banned.

Welcome back, though. :)

Well, I only made nine posts in 2006, and I've just re-read them all. As far as I can tell it got no more controversial than calling David Cameron "vile", which I'm not sure would warrant being thrown overboard.

She can correct me if I'm wrong, but maybe she thought you were some other known troll attempting to re-register under a different name. Maybe she thought you were me, for example. :p

After about a month of not knowing what a troll was, I decided to stop being ignorant and look it up.

...still don't get it.

Having forgotten about the existence of this username and, in fact, that I ever posted on this forum (my stats reveal that it's been the best part of three years since I posted and only a rummage through an email account I now barely use caused me to (re)learn of this name's existence...) I registered with a near identical moniker and posted in this thread (mine is the last post on the page)...

Screenshot of the PM? It's for the archive. :thumb:

Many apologies for accidentally banning your account as a banned user who keeps returning and posting the above mentioned thread. :o

I didn't notice about an existance of a user Frank's Wild Years.
Your user name FranksWildYears is very similar to user names of a banned user and other element made me mistook your identity.

Phew, Kewpie sorted it out:thumb: I was thinking (it happens sometimes) we might of needed Secretary-General, Ban Ki-moon, because its of international importance!

GO KEWPIE :flowers:

Re: Banned from the forum courtesy of a PM from Kewpie - \"Returning troll\" ?

Phew, Kewpie sorted it out:thumb: I was thinking (it happens sometimes) we might of needed Secretary-General, Ban Ki-moon, because its of international importance!

GO KEWPIE :flowers:

Kewpie. Can you ban Cornelius for a few days just so he knows how it feels to being wrongly banned? :)

He seems to think people overreact when it happens.

Congratulations, you've been Kewpied. If the stick with which you are beating that dead horse breaks, I will be happy to lend you mine.

I sincerely admire your ability to avoid ending sentences with prepositions, while maintaining a pleasant sounding flow of words. I wish I could do that.

hmmmmm

Kewpie. Can you ban Cornelius for a few days just so he knows how it feels to being wrongly banned? :)

Actually FranksWildYears had been banned less than half a day and his ban has been lifted.

Better move on.

Last edited:

Actually FranksWildYears had been banned less than half a day and his ban has been lifted.

Better move on.

Kewpie, none of my business but why has The Beast been banned?

No....i have Human Rights::squiffy:

12 Freedom of expression (1) This section applies if a court is considering whether to grant any relief which, if granted, might affect the exercise of the Convention right to freedom of expression.
(2) If the person against whom the application for relief is made (“the respondent”) is neither present nor represented, no such relief is to be granted unless the court is satisfied—
(a) that the applicant has taken all practicable steps to notify the respondent; or
(b) that there are compelling reasons why the respondent should not be notified.
(3) No such relief is to be granted so as to restrain publication before trial unless the court is satisfied that the applicant is likely to establish that publication should not be allowed.
(4) The court must have particular regard to the importance of the Convention right to freedom of expression and, where the proceedings relate to material which the respondent claims, or which appears to the court, to be journalistic, literary or artistic material (or to conduct connected with such material), to—
(a) the extent to which—
(i) the material has, or is about to, become available to the public; or
(ii) it is, or would be, in the public interest for the material to be published;
(b) any relevant privacy code.
(5) In this section—
“court” includes a tribunal; and
“relief” includes any remedy or order (other than in criminal proceedings).
13 Freedom of thought, conscience and religion (1) If a court’s determination of any question arising under this Act might affect the exercise by a religious organisation (itself or its members collectively) of the Convention right to freedom of thought, conscience and religion, it must have particular regard to the importance of that right.
(2) In this section “court” includes a tribunal.

Not that it states anything about 'taking the piss':D

Don't worry, i will be shortly discussing 'the bannings of users on a popstars fan website' as urgent matter of discourse with Foreign Secretary, David Miliband.

Kewpie, none of my business but why has The Beast been banned?

An abusive tag was reported and it was left by 'the beast'. I also found several other abusive tags left by 'the beast' who probably thought they were anonymous.

Tags
beast also kicked my cat beast is innocent beast kicked my dog buzzetta's watching fool! coz wuz here forum band = homosexers get a life you all go breath some fresh air kewpie is great kewpie is unique kumbaya moderation is dull not news not really nrith eats babies omg bush reading my tags robby tags r lol where brooklyn at?
Back
Top Bottom