Bangkok, Moonstar Studios, October 18th

BangkokPhil

Hello from Thailand.

There are a few of us expats getting pretty damn excited about Mozzer's appearance here in Bangkok on October 18th. I'm a 52-year-old lifelong fan and never ever thought I would get the chance to see him here (I've lived here 26 years by the way)

I was 'first in the queue' when tickets went on sale last Friday. Unbelievably 48 hours later and there are still plenty of tickets available. What's amazing about that is Mozzer chose to play an intimate venue that's literally in the middle of Bangkok Nowhere. I had never even heard of Moonstar Studios! According to friends who have been there before, it barely holds a thousand people.

I was initially very surprised that he chose not to play either Impact Arena or BITEC (the largest two Bangkok concert venues) but looking at ticket sales, perhaps that turned out to be the right decision. I even lost abet with my wife who argued that tickets wouldn't sell out quickly because 'Thai people don't know him'. Well, that's their loss as far as I'm concerned.

Anyway, those who deserve tickets and REALLY want to see him have all got tickets - so that's great.

Roll on October.

Hello from Thailand.

There are a few of us expats getting pretty damn excited about Mozzer's appearance here in Bangkok on October 18th. I'm a 52-year-old lifelong fan and never ever thought I would get the chance to see him here (I've lived here 26 years by the way)

I was 'first in the queue' when tickets went on sale last Friday. Unbelievably 48 hours later and there are still plenty of tickets available. What's amazing about that is Mozzer chose to play an intimate venue that's literally in the middle of Bangkok Nowhere. I had never even heard of Moonstar Studios! According to friends who have been there before, it barely holds a thousand people.

I was initially very surprised that he chose not to play either Impact Arena or BITEC (the largest two Bangkok concert venues) but looking at ticket sales, perhaps that turned out to be the right decision. I even lost abet with my wife who argued that tickets wouldn't sell out quickly because 'Thai people don't know him'. Well, that's their loss as far as I'm concerned.

Anyway, those who deserve tickets and REALLY want to see him have all got tickets - so that's great.

Roll on October.

Let's see if he disses the Thai Royal family and ends up in the Bangkok Hilton or just disses the British Royals. He's a wanker, you're welcome to him.

I don't think even Morrissey would risk being that outspoken.

Exactly! He's a wind-bag who poses as radical but when it comes to actually taking risks, he's a bed-wetter, a cry-baby who'd no more risk jail for his views than he'd tolerate the wrong temperature of his 5* bath. A man who employs somebody to grind his salt criticises the Queen? Total tosser, but hey! Enjoy the show. Just because he's a numpty doesn't mean he can't sing and if you have a few Singha you can just forget all the troll-fest that goes with his Diva nonsense.

Hello from Thailand.

Roll on October.

Hi mate , I just got his concern ticket on Sunday and yes , I think there're still plenty of tickets left.
I am Thai , but never once I ever dream to see him performing in Bangkok !
In the year 2000 , I was in Wisconsin and he had a US tour at that time but I was too young and did't have
driving license and god knows there was no public transportation from that small town i was living.
So that was first heart broken experience to see Morrissey Live Performance.

3 years ago Morrissey had a tour in Korea/Japan , so i thought THIS IS IT.
This is the closest that Morrissey would come to Asia as he has a certain fan base in Japan.
At that time I chose to see him in Korea and people he was not well known there as well,
There was not much people (i think not even half full) and I get to see Morrissey from very close angle.
Perhaps about 8 -10meters away only. I think it may happen in Bangkok too.

Hi Thai fan,
I'm glad you are getting the chance to see him at last. I think he played Singapore on that tour three years ago as well didn't he? I remember being in two minds to go but didn't make it in the end.
Were you surprised at the choice of venue in Bangkok? I would have gone for BITEC. I mean it was good enough for Noel Gallagher a year or two back.

Hi Phil,

The venue can hold up to 1500 people and I'm surprised it was not sold out yet.

See you in BKK.

Cheers!

Mbr.

Hello from Thailand.

Roll on October.

Yes, Moz played @ Fort Canning Park, Singapore in 2012.

Mbr.

Hi Thai fan,
I'm glad you are getting the chance to see him at last. I think he played Singapore on that tour three years ago as well didn't he? I remember being in two minds to go but didn't make it in the end.
Were you surprised at the choice of venue in Bangkok? I would have gone for BITEC. I mean it was good enough for Noel Gallagher a year or two back.

Has anyone been to this venue before? It looks like getting to Huay Kwang station on the MRT line might be the best bet and then getting a taxi (about 15 minutes) from there. I can't find the venue on Google street view. The whole area looks like a rabbit warren of small dead end streets.

Attachments

• moonstar.jpg
    moonstar.jpg
    442.1 KB · Views: 0
Following the death of His Majesty Bhumibol Adulyadej yesterday, there will now be a period of mourning for 30 days, during which time there can be no live music concerts in The Kingdom of Thailand.

I haven't seen confirmation yet on the Thai Ticketing website that Tuesday's gig is cancelled but I would take it as a given. I'll post an update as soon as I know more.

thats a slick move even for moz, learning a show is going to be cancelled and immediately calling it a sell out.
(actually you couldnt buy anymore tix because it was cancelled, though, tbh it probably would have be cancelled anyhow)

Following the death of His Majesty Bhumibol Adulyadej yesterday, there will now be a period of mourning for 30 days, during which time there can be no live music concerts in The Kingdom of Thailand.

I haven't seen confirmation yet on the Thai Ticketing website that Tuesday's gig is cancelled but I would take it as a given. I'll post an update as soon as I know more.
sorry to hear that! :( hope you'll get another chance to see him!

Tags
bangkok
Back
Top Bottom