Bakersfield, CA - Rabobank Theater (May 25, 2012) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Last edited:
So does anyone know what the hell happened? Why did they stop the show so abruptly? Morrissey was saying something to some fans in mid song but I couldn't make out what he was saying.

Very strange show. Moz in fine spirits. Voice a bit wobbly. Horrible sound and a not surprising abrupt walk off during the encore. I saw him perform magnificently in Escondido several months ago and am simply baffled by the disparity in the performances. Perhaps it was the overwhelming stench wafting into the hall from the three nacho stations just outside the door. Wish I had stayed home.

From the looks of it, Morrissey decided to cut the encore short mid song due to the security not handling the fans too well. Through the encore(Still Ill) he mumbled to the crowd encouraging them to come up on stage. A few pushes back and forth between the security and fans resulting in Moz putting his mic back on the stand and storming off.

Surely if he isencouraging fans to come up on stage then security have to prevent a mass surge? Or it would be a free for all? A very bizarre night altogether I think x

I was kind of disappointed by this performance.last time he came
Was a way better performance .and it sucked that he just stormed off stage

First row, deade center above pit. Moz in great spirits as mentioned above, sound was crystal clear from were I was seated. Set list almost indentical to San Diego B-Day show. The man still has it in so many ways, great show. Sorry I cannot remember the set list in whole.

Encore: Last Nights Somebody Loved Me - Still Ill. About 1/2 way through Still Ill Moz became verbally upset with the security saying "5 secruity for one person" Macho" Macho" Macho", So Macho", he put the Mic down, Boz cued the boys to stop playing and that was it. At least the first song of the encore was completed in full.

Overall a great concert, he always seems to play so much better and be so much more into the small venues vs the big arenas!

Top 5 Moz experience for me and I've been to so many shows I lost count.

Thank you Morrissey for a wonderful night~

O.K. Bakersfield, was someone misbehaving to cause Morrisseys sudden departure??

Everyone is crazy! This was my 20th show and I thought it was one of the best. Highlight of the night: "There are so many people throughout the world being tortured. But it's their own fault for watching The big Bang Theory."

To the guy who broke my friend's record in two outside the venue, I saw you leap into the pit during the encore and you kneed him in the head doing so. To then confront him outside because you didn't like being told off for that asshole behavior = you're a c***

Everyone is crazy! This was my 20th show and I thought it was one of the best. Highlight of the night: "There are so many people throughout the world being tortured. But it's their own fault for watching The big Bang Theory."

Oh god, like the many of us, it was unexpected.
I myself thought it was a serious issue he wanted to adress.
Moz is still a comedian.

The show was energetic, Morrissey's voice wasn't wobbley, maybe one note on one song that I don't even recall, the rest was so amazing. The band was tight and incredible. Some of the comments that I recall...when he entered he said something along the lines of "Let's figure out a way to rip you up tonight." Before Please, Please, Please he gave a rather touching speech about free speech and what is the point of it if nobody is listening, then also asked us if anyone had told you something that stirred you. Before introducing People are the Same Everywhere he ribbed The Big Bang Theory again but alluded to it in a way that made me think it wasn't exactly the show he was talking about but some other Big Bang Theory. :p Ummmm, He was rather agitated at security during Still Ill, from my perspective he grabbed Jesse by the bicep and stomped backstage and Jesse quit the show. He barely sang any of the words to Still Ill, he was ad libbing getting mad at the security, it was interesting. I hope someone got it on tape. Boz did a HILARIOUS dance during When Last I Spoke to Carol, kind of like a left to right running man that made me LOL, it was so funny to watch. God, he said other stuff...OH, he mentioned that it was Memorial Day and asked us to reflect upon the fact that war is a lucrative enterprise and makes scads of money, almost as much money as Simon Cowshed and what he calls "talent." Then he said it made him want to puke and he fake puked on stage. I can;t remember what song that was in front of. No mic was handed out, though I saw him caressing his during the encore. :love: Only threw one shirt during LMKY. For the taste bud stalkers he was drinking an orange version of Glaceau Vitamin Water. I'm sure more details will come to me but the show was incredible, even with Still Ill cut short.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom