Bakersfield, CA - Rabobank Theater (May 25, 2012) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Last edited:
The show was energetic, Morrissey's voice wasn't wobbley, maybe one note on one song that I don't even recall, the rest was so amazing. The band was tight and incredible. Some of the comments that I recall...when he entered he said something along the lines of "Let's figure out a way to rip you up tonight." Before Please, Please, Please he gave a rather touching speech about free speech and what is the point of it if nobody is listening, then also asked us if anyone had told you something that stirred you. Before introducing People are the Same Everywhere he ribbed The Big Bang Theory again but alluded to it in a way that made me think it wasn't exactly the show he was talking about but some other Big Bang Theory. :p Ummmm, He was rather agitated at security during Still Ill, from my perspective he grabbed Jesse by the bicep and stomped backstage and Jesse quit the show. He barely sang any of the words to Still Ill, he was ad libbing getting mad at the security, it was interesting. I hope someone got it on tape. Boz did a HILARIOUS dance during When Last I Spoke to Carol, kind of like a left to right running man that made me LOL, it was so funny to watch. God, he said other stuff...OH, he mentioned that it was Memorial Day and asked us to reflect upon the fact that war is a lucrative enterprise and makes scads of money, almost as much money as Simon Cowshed and what he calls "talent." Then he said it made him want to puke and he fake puked on stage. I can;t remember what song that was in front of. No mic was handed out, though I saw him caressing his during the encore. :love: Only threw one shirt during LMKY. For the taste bud stalkers he was drinking an orange version of Glaceau Vitamin Water. I'm sure more details will come to me but the show was incredible, even with Still Ill cut short.

Couldn't agree more, it was an awesome show, Morrissey was in fine form!

Before Please, Please, Please he gave a rather touching speech about free speech and what is the point of it if nobody is listening, then also asked us if anyone had told you something that stirred you.

Here it is Dear....

Last edited by a moderator:
So does anyone know what the hell happened? Why did they stop the show so abruptly? Morrissey was saying something to some fans in mid song but I couldn't make out what he was saying.

From the front row pit, I helped catapult a girl onto the stage however she landed face first on edge of stage and knocked out. She was seriously hurt. Moz had a quick look of horror and left quickly. I hope she is ok. (the girl)

Last edited by a moderator:
He also said now that all the cast members of Bonanza are dead, he see's no point in living. :p

From the front row pit, I helped catapult a girl onto the stage however she landed face first on edge of stage and knocked out. She was seriously hurt. Moz had a quick look of horror and left quickly. I hope she is ok. (the girl)

I call bullshit on that one... I was front center of the pit and that never happened. What was ridiculous was security leaving all the chairs in the pit and allowing people to stand anywhere with the chairs still there. There was a dangerous pile of chairs and fans when Moz threw his shirt in the crowd. Moz was upset security was allowing no-one near the stage but judging but the f***ing idiots leaping into the pit from behind us I'm glad it ended when it did before serious injury or fight...

Aside from Still Ill this was the best Morrissey show I've seen (around 15) - sound was perfect and Moz was in great voice. Of course, you will always get people jealous they weren't there saying it was a shit show...

By the way, that is my video of 'Last night...' so thanks for the credit whoever posted it...

Ian (otainc on YouTube)

Morrissey needs to realise that he's singing to an entire room, not just a few fanatics at the front getting messed around by security. Aged 53, oh well, he'll never learn.

You're all crazy! I've seen Morrissey so many times I've truly lost count. The show last night was incredible, one of the best! He left the stage because everyone who was trying to get to him was being attacked my the INSANE wall of security - making sure everyone who tried got their face smashed. So yeah Morrissey finally walked off and the band followed. You can only stand to see your fans be attacked for so long. Morrissey was perfect - however, Bakersfield is the WORST venue.

Morrissey needs to realise that he's singing to an entire room, not just a few fanatics at the front getting messed around by security. Aged 53, oh well, he'll never learn.

Morrissey doesn't need to realize anything - you should learn to spell before you try to pass on some two cent ignorant statement.. Next time why don't you just watch from the safely of your computer chair on YouTube?

To the guy who broke my friend's record in two outside the venue, I saw you leap into the pit during the encore and you kneed him in the head doing so. To then confront him outside because you didn't like being told off for that asshole behavior = you're a c***

Yes i leaped into the pit section, i don't see what the huge deal is. Your friend turned into a little girl instead of helping me out to try and get on stage, along with two other guys who tried to fight me during "last night i dreamt" This kid tried to fight me inside then when i confronted him outside he turned into a kitten. By no means do i think i'm hard but if youre gonna try and fight me and expect me to stay quiet you are wrong. Keep talking shit via the world wide web because thats all youre gonna do and you proved it last night. You people have obviously never seen Morrissey in concert before. That's what people do, they try to get on stage or get handshakes. Get your show etiquette right, Bakersfield. I hope Morrissey never comes back To your shit town you unappreciative f***ing simpletons. Thank you...

Last night was my first concert ever! I loved it up until he stormed off stage then I was sad...hope to see him again though...my heart raced from beginning to end

I noticed that he only sang the first half of Ouija Board (sp?) ... he never got to the "The Table is rumbling...." verse. Has it been shortened for all the shows?

Morrissey doesn't need to realize anything - you should learn to spell before you try to pass on some two cent ignorant statement.. Next time why don't you just watch from the safely of your computer chair on YouTube?

You need to realise that some parts of the world spell realise correctly. Also, since we're talking about spelling, I'm assuming you meant 'safety' and not 'safely'? I'm going to have a lot of fun with you, baby!

You're all crazy! I've seen Morrissey so many times I've truly lost count. The show last night was incredible, one of the best! He left the stage because everyone who was trying to get to him was being attacked my the INSANE wall of security - making sure everyone who tried got their face smashed. So yeah Morrissey finally walked off and the band followed. You can only stand to see your fans be attacked for so long. Morrissey was perfect - however, Bakersfield is the WORST venue.

Honestly, I think Bakersfield is one of the best venues I've seen him play. Not a bad seat in the house and the. The PIT area was sketchy with all the chairs, we were first row dead center above the pit.

The crowd seemed fine, there will always be knuckleheads at any venue.

Great show, great crowd, security the only down fall, but after all they are only trying to protect the act on stage, not sure they are real use to the kind of frantice mayhem MOZ

helping me out to try and get on stage, along with two other guys who tried to fight me during "last night i dreamt" This kid tried to fight me inside then when i confronted him outside he turned into a kitten.

Perhaps if 'helping you on stage' wasn't jumping on someone's back and putting a boot on their neck you might have more success. And searching out the guy outside afterwards - you really are a loser! Your madre must be so proud...

This was a fun show! We were in the section behind the pit. I thought Morrissey was cordial and witty tonight. The band wore Yale tees except for Boz and his sparkly dress. Please Please Please and Last Night I Dreamt were particularly heartfelt. As for security… they did a fine job in my opinion. Rousing up and encouraging the fans at the end is what Morrissey does best—he knows people are gonna get crazy. And that's exactly what they did up in the front. You can't blame security for trying to break up the fans' fights between themselves.

I seen morrissey 5 times the Bakersfield was the worst morrissey seemed like he was on drugs or drunk and walking off stage ...His performance at the Gibson was great

Yes i leaped into the pit section, i don't see what the huge deal is. Your friend turned into a little girl instead of helping me out to try and get on stage, along with two other guys who tried to fight me during "last night i dreamt" This kid tried to fight me inside then when i confronted him outside he turned into a kitten. By no means do i think i'm hard but if youre gonna try and fight me and expect me to stay quiet you are wrong. Keep talking shit via the world wide web because thats all youre gonna do and you proved it last night. You people have obviously never seen Morrissey in concert before. That's what people do, they try to get on stage or get handshakes. Get your show etiquette right, Bakersfield. I hope Morrissey never comes back To your shit town you unappreciative f***ing simpletons. Thank you...

Most of us were from out of town and have been to many many Morrissey shows, queued for hours and know what the pit is like during his encore, the shirt toss, getting handshakes, etc. People crawl over you to get to the stage WITH help from us. I saw you as well and you must not realize and obviously not care that you landed really hard on that one guy. And I read you broke his record which must've been intended for Moz. Did you feel like a real man doing that? What exactly should us "f***ing simpletons" appreciate? Your ability to be an ignorant asshole? I hope you land on your face next time and miss landing on the humans you dove onto.

I thought it was rather nice that Moz's head of security, the big hispanic guy (not sure if it's Arturo or if he's just Arturo-esque in physique) walked down the line of the security guys and shook their hands and thanked them all. None of the security was massively rough on my side of the pit, but they do have a job to do , to keep Morrissey safe from the random nutjob who might want to get on stage and be a f***tard and they did that job despite Morrissey's protest and departure. There were a few extremely drunk guys who could barely form words on my end trying to plot a flood of people to go onstage, but we held tight and wouldn't let them get near, then they were standing on the chairs and just falling down in the pit on us. It's one of those situations where you want the guy to get the love and all that, but it could get very dangerous. Anyway, I liked seeing that.

I call bullshit on that one... I was front center of the pit and that never happened. What was ridiculous was security leaving all the chairs in the pit and allowing people to stand anywhere with the chairs still there. There was a dangerous pile of chairs and fans when Moz threw his shirt in the crowd. Moz was upset security was allowing no-one near the stage but judging but the f***ing idiots leaping into the pit from behind us I'm glad it ended when it did before serious injury or fight...

Aside from Still Ill this was the best Morrissey show I've seen (around 15) - sound was perfect and Moz was in great voice. Of course, you will always get people jealous they weren't there saying it was a shit show...

By the way, that is my video of 'Last night...' so thanks for the credit whoever posted it...

Ian (otainc on YouTube)

That did happen with girl, i was standing next to the dude that help her catapult over to the pit between stage, we werent front center we were about 12 feet to the right, that is why he stopped and walked off.

Back
Top Bottom