Bad news - Philadelphia postponed "due to illness in the touring party"

Philadelphia cancelled / postponed:

Anyone got any details. Drivers, turn around.

41675_fillmore_postponed.jpg

UPDATE Dec. 6:

Posted by modrevolve:

Philly is now officially cancelled. Refunds to come.

Last edited by a moderator:
Moz had no attention of playing this date in Phily. As of 11.30AM this morning he was still at The Mark hotel on Madison. How do I know? My girlfriend's sister, who is from the UK, excitedly texted my GF this morning with a "Guess Who is Staying HERE?!" text. After suggesting Kevin Spacey we got a "MORRISSEY!!". He had a suite there but didn't stay overnight. My GF's sister works for an event company who are in meetings with Mark management.
NY to Philly is 2 hours so he could have left at 1pm and been here for 3pm.
The trucks and roadies were here and setting it all up. So the intention was to play.

Just spending the night on the ale as indeed I did in the day.

Jukebox "Come On City" Jury :thumb:

I am unaware of any performing artist who has cancelled shows so consistently.

Constant illness seems to be something unique to the Morrissey pack.

Of course, I don't believe illness has anything to do with it. They probably didn't provide Morrissey with the right kind of toilet paper, and he felt disrespected.

It's amazing that Morrissey has wrecked his career without the help of drugs and alcohol. It would be less embarrassing if that were the case.

Let's review

1. Stunt comments that have destroyed his legacy and made him unlikable.
2. Constant cancellations that shows disrespect to his fans.
3. Morphing into a bad lyricist
4. Making the worst dressed list (He does dress poorly these days)
5. Being awarded worst in fiction for List of The Lost
6. The praising of white nationalists
8. Allowing his nephew to act as a recruiting cult member

Morrissey was never meant to be this exposed. It almost seems intentional.

It would be interesting to see a compilation of his cancellations. Is he more likely to cancel in a small market city? When's the last time he cancelled in NY, LA or London, for example?

I reckon you people in "the uk" are really stupid to buy tickets for February and March. There is no way Steve is getting on the plane at LAX and leaving LA in February to go to Englund. I can't wait until the hometown LA Christmas show in 6 days! It has been a long time...30 days since my last Morrissey concert!

It would be interesting to see a compilation of his cancellations. Is he more likely to cancel in a small market city? When's the last time he cancelled in NY, LA or London, for example?

Philly isn't a small market city though, it's the second largest city on the East Coast.

It's really a pretty poor way to conduct business, particularly as this reincarnated "anti establishment" protest act. The Sniffles brings it all to a screeching halt?

Renember several years ago when Boz played shows with a broken arm and a surgical mask on his face?

Am I still ill?

Ill-housed and ill-advised

But sometimes I'd feel more fulfilled
Making Christmas cards with the mentally ill

All that we hope
Is when we go
Our skin
And our blood
And our bones
Don't get in your way
Making you ill
The way they did
When we lived

The black peat of the hills

When I was still ill

I'm too tired, I'm so sick and tired.

And I'm feeling very sick and ill today.

Or else I'm gonna be sick

Sick all over

I am sick and I am dull
And I am plain

I'm so very sickened
Oh, I am so sickened now

I've been dreaming of a time when
The English are sick to death of Labor, and Tories

In my own strange way
I've always been true to you
In my own sick way
I'll always stay true to you

Seasick Yet Still Docked

Frankly, Mr. Shankly, I'm a sickening wreck

And oh, the plans they weave
And oh, the sickening greed

Sick down to my heart. That's just the way it goes

The note I wrote
As she read, she said
"Has the Perrier gone
Straight to my head
Or is life sick and cruel, instead?"

You get drunk all day
And you're sick all night
Is this the sum of your life?

But even I

As sick as I am

I would never be you

The passing of time
And all of its sickening crimes
Is making me sad again

Scene Six: This country is making me sick

For anyone that made the trip to philly and have nothing to do now, Chinatown has really ill hookers. They give you a bath with a rub down and then take you into a bedroom where you can have your way.
I like my hookers healthy,not ill.

I reckon you people in "the uk" are really stupid to buy tickets for February and March. There is no way Steve is getting on the plane at LAX and leaving LA in February to go to Englund. I can't wait until the hometown LA Christmas show in 6 days! It has been a long time...30 days since my last Morrissey concert!

Well seeing as he doesn’t live in LA, why would he be getting on a plane from LAX. You need to come up with a new gimmick as you have been found out as a bullshitter. Out of interest do you get paid a weekly wage of are you paid for each car you park?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom