"Back On The Chain Gang" - Official Release confirmation / promo film directed by Liam Lynch

From Morrissey Central
October 3, 2018
"Morrissey’s new single, Back On The Chain Gang, now has an official release date of November 23rd. Released on BMG Records, the single includes B-side I Didn’t Know What To Do, written and originally released by Gilbert O’Sullivan.

Director Liam Lynch has made a promotional film of Morrissey’s Back On The Chain Gang for anyone, anywhere who wishes to show it"

44476_45.png

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
Where’s the vid

To quote a phrase .........“Release date announcement imminent”

So possibly next month?

Last edited:
Never heard of B side song. Anyone here familiar with it?
Yes. Gilbert O'Sullivan. Legendary, quirky Irish singer from the 70s. Terrific lyrics, in a category all of his own and somewhat at odds with what was happening in music at the time, so some curious parallels with Morrissey.

Hmm quirky yes sweet little song. When I first read the post quickly I was thinking he was getting into 19th century opera and doing a song from the Pirates of Penzance.

Crykey fek reckon me hope the "promotional film" is highlights of Air Steve dunkin' on fools at Venice Beach. Reckon that would be so top mental m8 inn n n nnn n n nnn n n n n n n n it.

Steve Dunking.jpg

Can’t beat ‘kiss me a lot” promotional vid

The video probably relates to the posts from Mando a couple of weeks ago:

If this is accurate, it will be very cinematic.
Regards,
FWD.

Fek blikey! Reckon there were rumors of Uncle Steve and the gang sightings in a Lancaster taco shop, but I didn't believe it. Lancaster is the last place I thought I would see Uncle Steve, almost as rare as seeing him in Mankchester, Brittin. Reckon it would be TOP ACE m8 to see Uncle Steve picking potatoes and cabbage on the ranch m8 inn n n nn n nn n n nn n n n n n it, but I reckon a Malibu beach shoot would give all the foreigner stalkers too many hints.

Seen him do it twice in between Speedway in 2014.
Before the likes of that Neal Cassidy jumped on the bandwagon :lbf:

I think the video will surpass the recent :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: cheapo efforts filmed in the back of the condo parking lot, inside
the kids park rotunda. Lip synching with an Iphone.:handok:

A "New Voodoo" artsy fartsy production aka everybody was dead broke and that
was all that :frogface: could afford.:bow:

The video probably relates to the posts from Mando a couple of weeks ago:

If this is accurate, it will be very cinematic.
Regards,
FWD.

It has nothing to do with Moz. In the replys of the following instagram post it says "Music video for the Chavez Ravine".

I think the video will surpass the recent :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: cheapo efforts filmed in the back of the condo parking lot, inside
the kids park rotunda. Lip synching with an Iphone.:handok:

A "New Voodoo" artsy fartsy production aka everybody was dead broke and that
was all that :frogface: could afford.:bow:
As opposed to leaning on a brick wall, posing with a basketball?

Mom's calling. Go grab your pop-tarts, before they get cold, sweetie.

Yes. Gilbert O'Sullivan. Legendary, quirky Irish singer from the 70s. Terrific lyrics, in a category all of his own and somewhat at odds with what was happening in music at the time, so some curious parallels with Morrissey.

has a bit of 'Vicar In a Tutu' in it

Great song, neer heard it before, .... have a good end of the week, all.

Last edited:
It has nothing to do with Moz. In the replys of the following instagram post it says "Music video for the Chavez Ravine".
The pictures presented here 2 weeks ago via Mando were not labelled in any way to suggest that. I'm not sure which part of the term speculating three times in my post was asserting anything definite. It was a perfectly reasonable guess and presented as such. Thanks for the clarity.
FWD.

Tags
back on the chain gang single

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom