Babyshambles to play arena tour!

Maurice E

They must have found the world's most optimistic promoter! http://uk.news.launch.yahoo.com/dyna/article.html?a=/070319/340/h26jz.html&e=l_news_dm
Although Phil O Doherty has been on the front page of every tabloid newspaper twice a week for the last 36 months, hardly anyone outside the tiny world of the NME is remotely interested in his music.
The Babyshambles album sold less than Maladjusted (and that's saying something!), their singles have an average chart life of 3.5 days, and radio stations won't touch their patchy, scratchy indie pop songs with a (proverbial) barge pole.

People don't admit to slowing down to witness car crashes. But they do!!!

It will all end in disaster, the Babyshambles sound won't fill most of the aircraft hangers they are visiting. I myself and many others i know don't read NME but are interested in his music. Also concerning album sales he gives away most of his music on the internet.

who the hell is phil doherty??

oooh i really dont know whether to go....i hate arenas but i lurrrve pete :)

Obviously Kate is gonna do a pole dance.

November is a way off mind.... he could be dead by then!

As could you

What do a pole dance??? You're far too kind!

Alas I don't go around injecting myself with needles, smoking crack and going on week long benders. I mean if I could, I would!!! However society dictated that I am not a misunderstood artistic "genius"...

So I reckon if you went in the bookies and they gave odds about who would be most likely to die first then Pete would be 1-5 and I would be 6-1. (these are usually the odds given for Celtic and their opponentsin any given match and look what happened to them yesterday!!!)

Most of my contemporaries are surprised that I'm still here shipshape and Bristol fashion.

I'm sure readers of Heat magazine will be able to win tickets anyway

What do a pole dance??? You're far too kind!

Alas I don't go around injecting myself with needles, smoking crack and going on week long benders. I mean if I could, I would!!! However society dictated that I am not a misunderstood artistic "genius"...

So I reckon if you went in the bookies and they gave odds about who would be most likely to die first then Pete would be 1-5 and I would be 6-1. (these are usually the odds given for Celtic and their opponentsin any given match and look what happened to them yesterday!!!)

Most of my contemporaries are surprised that I'm still here shipshape and Bristol fashion.

I'm sure readers of Heat magazine will be able to win tickets anyway

I’m sure you could do a pole dance and if you ever do; a recording would be much appreciated

Did society actually dictate that you couldn't live that life or did you make a conscious decision not to live your life that way?

Yes your quite right, the chances of him dieing before you are more than likely but you never know and that’s life. November is a long way away for everyone. (and I was very glad about Celtic being defeated)

I'm pretty sure most readers of Heat magazine are unaware he even makes music and if they are i doubt most would be interested in the concepts in his lyrics. There are brighter sides to life, like what to wear when Summer arrives.

babyshambles are great, great live anything. im sure the gigs will be great, i know im going. :) and as for the maladjusted and "phil" not peter comment...lol maladjusted was a crap album and DIAlbion was there debut. like the smiths song "these things take time" there second album will be better than the first and also may i quote "what difference does it make?" babyshambles are not gonna change just because they are doing a bigger venue.
NME need some real news. :D

I think this probably means the record company have got big plans to spend a fortune on marketing his next record. Without that assurance the promoters wouldn't have done this.

Expect every DJ and publication to be talking this release up in the next few months. Nice little backhanders for them. Not that I'm cynical. :p

I saw them last year thier has hardly eneyone thier cause couple days before the gig he was put in prison so everyone was selling thier tickets(hence got mine for £7) they were amazing live pete seems to be calming down a bit now not really to keen on his new ep.

Back
Top Bottom