Baby P

i can't recall i more a more sickening and heartbreaking tragedy to emerge in my lifetime. the very image of his poor little face is giving me sleepless nights. i can't imagine what this little guy went through at the hands of these animals. when it was on the news last week i had to go out so the wife wouldn't see me crying:tears:

the poor little boy was left to suffer.

f***ing wanker:mad: this baby p though as really got to me, how on earth can anybody do this to a child. nobody helped, he couldn't ask for help, it breaks my heart:tears:

i can't get his little face out of my head.:tears:

its about the shocking and heart breaking treatment of a baby, A TINY DEFENCELESS BABY.

merseyside, eh?

merseyside, eh?

Take no notice, he/she is just another reactionary, knee jerk tosser.
Sometimes I wonder how some of the people on this forum became Morrissey fans.

merseyside it is.

does this ring any bells?

"In our maturity as a civilisation, we should accept that we can cut out the cancer of ignorant sentimentality without diminishing, as in this case, our utter disgust at a foul and barbaric act of murder."

does this ring any bells?

"In our maturity as a civilisation, we should accept that we can cut out the cancer of ignorant sentimentality without diminishing, as in this case, our utter disgust at a foul and barbaric act of murder."

about what? something else?

I don't think anyone is forgetting about all the other babies around the world that abused, but it's not often they are in the media to this extent. Maybe it is in the media cus he was seen by so called professionals 60 times in a few months (possibly 8), who repeatedly sent him back to his abusers. This is the same social services that failed Victoria Climbie a few years ago.
Surely it is a good thing that the baby p case is getting so much media coverage?

i thought as much. boris johnson=twat;)

Boris Johnson is indeed a twat, but that quote was f***ing spot on.

For anyone who's ever studied sociology, this is text book "Moral Panic."

I don't know much about this Baby P, but it kinda sounds like the same thing that happened over here in America, with Jean Benet Ramsey. killed in her home on Xmas Eve. it got so much media coverage, and for years and years. its still unsolved, but she was a 4 year old "beauty queen" and thats why the media was so obsessed. also, there was that other blonde girl, her name escapes me at the moment, but she was kidnapped out of her room. she was missing for months, feared dead, but then was found alive. turned out some couple took her, didnt throw her in a basement or anything. they just lived out in the woods or something. but often came into town. she wasnt very far from her home. and she never even tried to make a run for it. she was like...11 maybe?

but then around the same time as the latter story i mentioned, there was a little black girl in philadelphia, she was kidnapped. she somehow chewed through whatever she was tied up in and escaped. it was probably on the news for a day, and then you never heard about it again.

The programme that was just on about Baby P cited the rather terrifying statistic that one child dies each week due to cruelty. I understand all the viewpoints so far on this thread, and I don't think anyone is any more right or wrong than anyone else, but it's a bit scary that within three Google searches you can find the killers' names, (former) addresses and calls for them to be murdered. There is (extremely understandably - it's absolutely heartbreaking) a degree of hysteria about this case that didn't come up when, for example, a bloke was put in prison a few weeks back for putting his baby over his knee and snapping its spine in two places. I'm certainly not saying we shouldn't despise what these people have done, but maybe rather than concentrating on hating them we should try to focus on making it more difficult for other people to get away with it in the future? It's perhaps simplistic, but it's undeniable that it's easier to sit back and revile people who have murdered a child than it is to try and do something to stop that one child each week dying.

Again, I'm not suggesting that this case isn't horrific and deeply awful. It's hard to really explain properly how horrible I find it. And I'm not trying to say anything against anyone else's posts, because this is a tremendously emotive subject.

I don't know much about this Baby P, but it kinda sounds like the same thing that happened over here in America, with Jean Benet Ramsey. killed in her home on Xmas Eve. it got so much media coverage, and for years and years. its still unsolved, but she was a 4 year old "beauty queen" and thats why the media was so obsessed. also, there was that other blonde girl, her name escapes me at the moment, but she was kidnapped out of her room. she was missing for months, feared dead, but then was found alive. turned out some couple took her, didnt throw her in a basement or anything. they just lived out in the woods or something. but often came into town. she wasnt very far from her home. and she never even tried to make a run for it. she was like...11 maybe?

Elizabeth Smart from Utah I think you are referring to.

Its curious how "blonde" white girls always make the news. The disappearance of black children rarely get news time.

I was in the supermarket with my little girl yesterday and saw a guy with his toddler in a pushchair. He shouted at the little lad "if you kick your legs out one more time I'm gonna f**king cut 'em off" and smacked him...bastard man... :mad:

Would situations like that have been tolerated 50 years ago? Would a man in the market, perhaps the butcher, have taken the guy by the neck and told him what's what, and be applauded by the rest of the stores patrons?
Has our society gone to "none of my business"?

It's things like that that make me want to be a vigilante at times.
Carry a night stick and wrap the guy in the knees a few times.

I politely asked him to tone down his language in front of my child and glared at him...he just glared back dismissively.

What worried me though is that if he treats his child like that in public you can't help but wonder what goes on behind closed doors.

I applaud you for confronting the "man".

I've got to the point where I might just not watch the news or read the papers anymore.

I can't change anything and reading about this wretched child has upset me so much.

He had his little ears ripped from his cheeks,broken ribs, a broken spine.

I pray the purpotrators get the shit kicked out of them in prison and that the guards turn a blind eye.The fact the stepfather only got fourteen years is breathtaking.Sums up British justice totally.If these disgusting people are not a good reason to bring back capital punishment I really don't know what is.(liberal twats feel free to lecture me...:rolleyes:)

I've got to the point where I might just not watch the news or read the papers anymore.

I can't change anything and reading about this wretched child has upset me so much.

He had his little ears ripped from his cheeks,broken ribs, a broken spine.

I pray the purpotrators get the shit kicked out of them in prison and that the guards turn a blind eye.The fact the stepfather only got fourteen years is breathtaking.Sums up British justice totally.If these disgusting people are not a good reason to bring back capital punishment I really don't know what is.(liberal twats feel free to lecture me...:rolleyes:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Oh good .....you're on form with your dry caustic wit Him.Big yerself up.:rolleyes:

And really you shouldn't make a joke of this thread.Its in poor taste.

Last edited by a moderator:
Elizabeth Smart from Utah I think you are referring to.

Its curious how "blonde" white girls always make the news. The disappearance of black children rarely get news time.

yes, thats her, thank you.

and yes that was my point. the media does to an extent, pick and choose what we are bombarded with. and if really think about it, in cases of missing or murdered children, "pretty kids" always get more press. another one that comes to mind just now is Natalie Holloway. blonde HS senior.

Then said he unto the disciples, It is impossible but that offences will come: but woe unto him, through whom they come!
It were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he cast into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones.
Luke 17:1-2

"I praise the day that brings you pain
so don't close your eyes
don't close your eyes
a man who slits throats
has time on his hands
and I'm gonna get you
so don't close your eyes
don't ever close your eyes
you think you've won
oh no"
Morrissey

Because nobody cares.

Why does Baby P deserve a moment of our thoughts any more than all the other children who are killed every day? I'm not saying he shouldn't have one, but all those other children deserve one just as much. There's thousands of them getting killed every day and it's not even in the papers. Just because the tabloids have jumped on this you're going to feel bad about it as opposed to all the other innocent babies who are slaughtered? I find that 'hideous'. :(

The reason why this story is worse than what happens to thousands of children in wars is that here, the abuse is being perpetrated by the very person who should be protecting the child, not an agent of a hostile army.

Tags
boris knew internot
Back
Top Bottom