Aztec Camera

Lor

I have M.A.D.
Does anybody else like them? The first album High Land, Hard Rain is pure genius. Got a bit boring after that but what Roddy Frame is doing in his solo career now is pretty good. Craig Gannon played with them in the mid 80's.

I'm a huge fan since 1983. "High Land, Hard Rain" is one of my all time favourites.
Roddy is also an excellent guitarist.
I've been to more than 30 gigs in last twenty years.
Roddy just returned from touring from Japan and really pleased that he'll play C86 anniversary gig later this month.:)

Does anybody else like them? The first album High Land, Hard Rain is pure genius. Got a bit boring after that but what Roddy Frame is doing in his solo career now is pretty good. Craig Gannon played with them in the mid 80's.

Yes, High Land, Hard Rain is a great record, as is The North Star, Roddy's solo debut. Subsequent albums didn't quite live up to it, in both cases, but Rock God off this year's Western Skies is one of the best songs I've heard this year.

I've never seen him live but it's one of my ambitions. Not much chance of Roddy coming to Bulgaria, eh? Indtead we're getting Duran Duran. Blurgh.

I saw Aztec Camera live in Providence or whatever it is called, the state capital of Rhode Island in 1983 supporting Elvis Costello.
I had f***ed England off for the summer and stayed with friends in Rhode Island for 3 months!
Anyway, Elvis Costello was good, but Aztec Camera were f***ing superb that night. Blew Costello away!

The Goat

we could send letters

what a great song from aztec camera's debut album :) :o
****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
You said you're free, for me that says it all.
You're free to push me and I'm free to fall.
So if we weaken we can call it stress,
You've got my trust I've got your home address.
And now the only chance that we could take,
Is the chance that someone else won't make it all come true.
We're making tracks, they show our touch and go,
And now it's touch and come and you should know.
But then four years won't mean that much to me,
When I've been smothered by the sympathy you bleed.
Chorus:
Just close your eyes again
Until these things get better
You're never far away
But we could send letters.
While you were gone I reached another town,
They couldn't help me but they showed me round,
And now I've seen what you can't understand,
I'd try to lead you but I'd crush your hand.
Because the people in the village know, it doesn't matter
Where you choose to go the end's the same.
I found some blood I wasn't meant to find
I found some feelings that we'd left behind
But then some blood won't mean that much to me
When I've been smothered by the sympathy you bleed.

I am a huge fan as well. I was fortunate enough to see Aztec Camera play the Wiltern in LA on the Love Tour.
I like pretty much everything he's done, especially the above mentioned. High Land Hard Rain is genius, especially for a 19 yr old (at the time). FYI....Roddy was also rumoured, at the time, to be Johnny Marrs replacement when he left The Smiths.

I remember the rumour, but never took it seriously. It's too good to be true.
Really pity for some reason Roddy stopped playing "Walk Out to Winter" in live.
To me The Smiths and Aztec Camera are the best bands of my generation.

Lor, Roddy toured with his manager in Japan. Is it too hard to invite two of them to Bulgaria?
You should send a message to his website http://www.roddyframe.com:)

I may give that a try Kewpie...
Southpawlord- We Could Send Letters is one of my favourite songs ever! My favourite Aztec Camera/Roddy Frame song is definitely still Lost Outside The Tunnel though, criminally overlooked but unbelievably brilliant.

Always loved "High Land, Hard Rain." Kept me happy one gruesome summer when all I did was tramp around the countryside thinking dire things. Thanks for reminding me!

Back
Top Bottom