gretchenraine

Oh, Squishy!!
One thing I wish was that we could click on the avatars to see them bigger. A couple people who post on the other threads have sort of interesting drawings as avatars and I have no idea what the heck they are. And if anybody has text on their avatar and I don't have my glasses on , forget it!

(I copied the above text from a post I made a few minutes ago on the Frink.)

Morrissey-solo users are very lucky to have an avatar immediately.

Some forums do not allow users to have an avatar / signature image until their registration period or posts count will reach certain time / amount.

Last edited:
Morrissey-solo users are very lucky to have an avatar immediately.

Some forums do not allow users to have an avatar / signature image until their registration period or posts count will reach certain time / amount.

What does this have to do with the question the user posted? Your reply is not on point, Kewpie. I don't grasp why you felt the need to post the reply you did.

And, btw, Morrissey-Solo is very lucky to have users. You know, people like me, who still post highly popular threads, and still stir the pot up a bit, as an act of charity on an old, struggling forum, and with no thanks at all.

You know, people like me, who still post highly popular threads, and still stir the pot up a bit, as an act of charity on an old, struggling forum, and with no thanks at all.

If charity comes with the desire for a thank you it's not charity, it's a veiled attempt to 'purchase' positive attention.

Sorry Theo, no sale.

What does this have to do with the question the user posted? Your reply is not on point, Kewpie. I don't grasp why you felt the need to post the reply you did.

Wow! Who'd a thunk - Theo coming to my defense, of all people!!! Thanks everyone for the input. The next time I wonder what someone's avatar is supposed to be I will simply close my eyes and thank god I am allowed to have an avatar at all.

:rolleyes:

If charity comes with the desire for a thank you it's not charity, it's a veiled attempt to 'purchase' positive attention.

Sorry Theo, no sale.

Ignore that part of my post. Do you approve of Kewpie's unprofessional, arrogant reply to the original poster? Do you mods have a pledge to not show disagreement with each other in public? The person asked a simple question and Kewpie was all, "You should feel lucky you have avatars at all".

Ignore that part of my post. Do you approve of Kewpie's unprofessional, arrogant reply to the original poster? Do you mods have a pledge to not show disagreement with each other in public? The person asked a simple question and Kewpie was all, "You should feel lucky you have avatars at all".

If I can ignore part of your post, can't I pick and choose which part? ;)

If the moderators have disagreements on moderation that stays on the mod boards because we don't always agree on how to respond to certain posts.

I am more than happy to disagree with any moderator publicly on any non-moderator activities.

I think that Kewpie's response here did seem to be a bit of a tangent.

The boards have editable code and I'm sure that someone could modify the code to handle such a request for avatars but it would create a lot of work. The server would have to accept full size files and then convert them into avatar size files while still saving a copy of the full file if someone clicked on it to see the full size image. That's more disk space, more cpu and more work to be done for a feature that adds little to the actual content of the site.

Kewpie is right that there are a lot of sites that really make you prove a lot before you can get an avatar or send PM's and things like that. Why she chose to bring that up here I do not know but I whatever the reason was I personally do not believe that she did it because she was being mean-spirited, trollish or trying to be negative.

In Firefox, try pressing CTRL + on your keyboard to zoom in on the whole page; CTRL - to zoom out. If using IE, try holding down CTRL and spinning the scroll wheel on the mouse at the same time - assuming your mouse has a scroll wheel.

In Firefox, try pressing CTRL + on your keyboard to zoom in on the whole page; CTRL - to zoom out. If using IE, try holding down CTRL and spinning the scroll wheel on the mouse at the same time - assuming your mouse has a scroll wheel.

It really works.
I tested.

Tags
Back
Top Bottom