Autobiography

Yes, I know I am late to the party with this one, but having read the autobiography yesterday, I wondered what others thought. There wasn't anything in it that was news from my point of view and it was pretty dry to say the least, did I miss something?

Yes, I know I am late to the party with this one, but having read the autobiography yesterday, I wondered what others thought. There wasn't anything in it that was news from my point of view and it was pretty dry to say the least, did I miss something?

i loved it and some of the passages were stupendous enough to read out loud but i also wasnt expecting anything on the smiths really so i wasnt disappointed in that sense. i really liked his descriptions of manchester as a youth personally but could do with a shorter sectoin on the court case. otherwise i found it very nice. where did it let you down, what were you expecting? also saying morrissey is dry is like saying the sky is up. hes always dry even when you can see simmering emotion just behind him. that control is part of his appeal to me.

I suppose when I say dry, I mean I don't think it's rounded. His life can't be as dull as the book makes it seem. The people he works with, even Boz are one dimensional and lucky to get a line. As a wealthy rock star his life must be pretty exciting I would have thought. Its no more than the bare bones of his life.

I suppose when I say dry, I mean I don't think it's rounded. His life can't be as dull as the book makes it seem. The people he works with, even Boz are one dimensional and lucky to get a line. As a wealthy rock star his life must be pretty exciting I would have thought. Its no more than the bare bones of his life.

I don't think his life is as exciting as it seems. From what I've heard he tends to lock himself away in hotel rooms. Yes, he travels and eats well and has nice things but he's not out partying and going to award shows. Much of the book has him drinking vodka by the pool or a fire and I tend to believe that.

I don't think he was over going to come across as all Keith Richards.

i think it true when he says he mostly stays in and avoids drama and doesnt like people and doesnt want to be around them. some keep dismissing this as some sort of act but i think it very very true. also the life of a successful rockstar is mostly schedules and traveling with little time to do anything adventurous. honestly i think this is part of why his music is so consistently good. also wealthy people are not exciting by default, at least those that stay wealthy.

i think it true when he says he mostly stays in and avoids drama and doesnt like people and doesnt want to be around them. some keep dismissing this as some sort of act but i think it very very true. also the life of a successful rockstar is mostly schedules and traveling with little time to do anything adventurous. honestly i think this is part of why his music is so consistently good. also wealthy people are not exciting by default, at least those that stay wealthy.

He goes out, but I think his life is pretty low key outside of touring.

There are so many stories and gossip about every Rock star out there involving parties and groupies-except Morrissey (besides a depressing hair brush rumour). I think there's something to that.

He goes out, but I think his life is pretty low key outside of touring.

There are so many stories and gossip about every Rock star out there involving parties and groupies-except Morrissey (besides a depressing hair brush rumour). I think there's something to that.

i didnt mean never go outside literally as i guess i was using the term go out as an equivalent to partying which is also a vague term. a lot of stuff you hear about groupies and parties are just over exaggerated to sell print. those that really do the partying dont last very long a few exceptions aside. i would say non rock stars and politicians, mostly there children, party way harder and go a lot crazier from personal experience. at the end of the day, or the start of the morning, its usually pretty boring and predictable all around. beyond sex and drugs, read boring and predictable, most people cant think of anything interesting to do with there money. from personal experience i think those parties that have a nice mix of poor and rich are the best, like l.a in the early eighties. you could find a homeless kid and a child of some rich producer sitting side by side. you dont see thast much these days

Back
Top Bottom