"Autobiography" by Morrissey - Oct 17, 2013; press release

• Thread starter Justin Playfair
  • Start date
Re: Autobiography by Morrissey - Oct 17th

Awesome! The title "Morrissey, Autobiography" is pretty unimaginative though. Wish it had a better title.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has he admitted he's gay yet?

Not directly , its alluded to in his relationship with jake , when for 2 years "I" becomes "we" and him bringing him tea in the bath. Theres bits about male admiration/adoration and handsome school mates and apathy towards female attention as a boy but nothing directly admitting his sexuality.

It did, but it only works in a reality where Oscar Wilde is born in America and the day is 8 hours long. :p

Is Feb 8th Jamesy?

Oh well, it works for me!

Just James, by the way. He was in my life before Morrissey. A solid two years, in fact. But, yes - that is his birthday. :)

Oh well, it works for me!

Just James, by the way. He was in my life before Morrissey. A solid two years, in fact. But, yes - that is his birthday. :)

I wonder what Mr. Dean would think of this autobio frenzy, people staying up all night to read the tome in a sitting...like chugging a $300 bottle of Merlot. :rolleyes: I plan to savor the book in the Fall breeze with a plate of cheese and crackers after the most devout have puked up their thoughts and recovered from their tannin-induced hangovers. ;) The devil is in the details they are FLYING past as we speak.

Not directly , its alluded to in his relationship with jake , when for 2 years "I" becomes "we" and him bringing him tea in the bath. Theres bits about male admiration/adoration and handsome school mates and apathy towards female attention as a boy but nothing directly admitting his sexuality.
Finished it , its okay .... best snippet of gossip is that moz and tina dehgani talked about having a child together."tina is giving me a matter of fact life , so softened that tina and i discuss the unthinkable act of producing a mewling miniature monster"

Morrissey,

So it's all settled then:

-I agree that you've written a book
-you agree that I am not going to read it. :D

I'm relieved that whatever is sung won't be a court case, because it would appear Sandra has abandoned me to frolic in outer space with George Clooney...
See, your life may be a rich tapestry of 540 pages; mine is just predictable.
Bye.

(PS/ I'm surprised that with all the people looking after you, nobody bothered to get you a Hello Kitty pencil-case for your signing session. I don't mind telling you I found that disordered collection of pens on the table pretty upsetting. No wonder you had a hard time at school... :( Oh well, too late now.)

Also, although you won't need it: good luck for the rest of it. :)

I was up most of the night reading mine, I cannot put it down.

Tears in my eyes throughout certain parts, he has had a reasonably traumatic childhood. I feel for him :(

In reply to the above two comments, maybe he was just a soft arse?

It was the same for everyone, myself included but not really life threatening stuff.

He's never denied his sexuality, just pointed out how irrelevant it is. As soon as you say "I'm gay" you're pigeon holed for life. He's just avoided saying the words and attracting the bleeding obvious stereotype. Anyway, back to the book...

he's never denied his sexuality, just pointed out how irrelevant it is. As soon as you say "i'm gay" you're pigeon holed for life. He's just avoided saying the words and attracting the bleeding obvious stereotype. Anyway, back to the book...

he also likes girls

He's never denied his sexuality, just pointed out how irrelevant it is. As soon as you say "I'm gay" you're pigeon holed for life. He's just avoided saying the words and attracting the bleeding obvious stereotype. Anyway, back to the book...

he also likes girls

God bless you miss Tina ..

He's bisexual though. That carried its own problems though, if a guy says he's bi, the stereotype is that he's actually just a gay in denial.

Morrissey,

So it's all settled then:

-I agree that you've written a book
-you agree that I am not going to read it. :D

I'm relieved that whatever is sung won't be a court case, because it would appear Sandra has abandoned me to frolic in outer space with George Clooney...
See, your life may be a rich tapestry of 540 pages; mine is just predictable.
Bye.

(PS/ I'm surprised that with all the people looking after you, nobody bothered to get you a Hello Kitty pencil-case for your signing session. I don't mind telling you I found that disordered collection of pens on the table pretty upsetting. No wonder you had a hard time at school... :( Oh well, too late now.)

Also, although you won't need it: good luck for the rest of it. :)

I think he may have been wearing a Hello Kitty ring (i have one too) if I am not mistaken, pencil case may have been a little too matchy, thought was beautiful though.... Bless your heart.

Morrissey,

It's me again. I did flick through it ( I promised, didn't I?), undisturbed. To copy your style "On the worn-out carpet upstairs, I oscillated between consternation and bewilderment." It's not a book, is it? Where are the people anyway? It's clinical, D.O.A. If that's what it's like in your head, noone can blame you for wanting a holiday in the sun.
The way you sum up people who have obviously loved you, is just wrong. It just shows your inability to relate to another human being. "Nancy is a bit lonely, I think". Whoa, how perceptive, kind Genius. "Tina is never late". Well, what a wonderful woman, eh? "Jake likes a joke". Who knew?

The rest, what I saw anyway, is just boring name-dropping, stuffy self-importance and boring facts, facts, facts. Who cares what hotel you stayed at? We're all sorry that glass door hurt you, but we can't help thinking it was probably your fault. You probably just can't open a door, honey. Nevermind close one.

You never realized what you had been given. And looks like a lot of people gave you a lot. Some for free, even.
You just lounge in your own bed, and wait for the next poor sod to turn up, and you pick up olive people in airports, while "other people" are elsewhere raging at your stupidity. Damn, how insightful you are...No wonder your comeback was cocky.

The world has to be protected. You're right. From tedious books that show you nothing about life. You once asked if there was still time to exchange a record for a baby. Looks like you had plenty of opportunities to make one. You decided to save all your energy to write this. That's your legacy.

The soul has gone, the body is decaying, and I'm more convinced than ever that you are unable to love. Anyone. (Poor Kristeen had a lucky escape.You presumably fancied her because she was taken, anyway. -there's a classic for you.)

Oh and thanks for wiping trees out. Lucky that baby wasn't born, or s/he would have been killed in a climate change catastrophe caused by Daddy., you know. Life is oft full of lil ironies like dat.

One last thing, I'm not changing my mind about people because you mock their hairstyling habits. Is anyone? I don't know if Rome was built in a day, I just know that book is no Rome at all. Certainly no work of art. Or Classic. Even as a joke. Nothing made me laugh. The only good bits were written by others!

Still. Take care of yourself, and be gentle with the next unfortunate person who decides you just need to be loved. Or the next male prostitute...

I'm out the door, author. In the real world. With other people; and where, after a fling, you leave them. Pretending all the while they left you, because it makes people cry. And buy. Oh that glass door! Ain't the world cruel...

Yes. So go buy yourself a record. :)

Morrissey,

It's me again. I did flick through it ( I promised, didn't I?), undisturbed. To copy your style "On the worn-out carpet upstairs, I oscillated between consternation and bewilderment." It's not a book, is it? Where are the people anyway? It's clinical, D.O.A. If that's what it's like in your head, noone can blame you for wanting a holiday in the sun.
The way you sum up people who have obviously loved you, is just wrong. It just shows your inability to relate to another human being. "Nancy is a bit lonely, I think". Whoa, how perceptive, kind Genius. "Tina is never late". Well, what a wonderful woman, eh? "Jake likes a joke". Who knew?

The rest, what I saw anyway, is just boring name-dropping, stuffy self-importance and boring facts, facts, facts. Who cares what hotel you stayed at? We're all sorry that glass door hurt you, but we can't help thinking it was probably your fault. You probably just can't open a door, honey. Nevermind close one.

You never realized what you had been given. And looks like a lot of people gave you a lot. Some for free, even.
You just lounge in your own bed, and wait for the next poor sod to turn up, and you pick up olive people in airports, while "other people" are elsewhere raging at your stupidity. Damn, how insightful you are...No wonder your comeback was cocky.

The world has to be protected. You're right. From tedious books that show you nothing about life. You once asked if there was still time to exchange a record for a baby. Looks like you had plenty of opportunities to make one. You decided to save all your energy to write this. That's your legacy.

The soul has gone, the body is decaying, and I'm more convinced than ever that you are unable to love. Anyone. (Poor Kristeen had a lucky escape.You presumably fancied her because she was taken, anyway. -there's a classic for you.)

Oh and thanks for wiping trees out. Lucky that baby wasn't born, or s/he would have been killed in a climate change catastrophe caused by Daddy., you know. Life is oft full of lil ironies like dat.

One last thing, I'm not changing my mind about people because you mock their hairstyling habits. Is anyone? I don't know if Rome was built in a day, I just know that book is no Rome at all. Certainly no work of art. Or Classic. Even as a joke. Nothing made me laugh. The only good bits were written by others!

Still. Take care of yourself, and be gentle with the next unfortunate person who decides you just need to be loved. Or the next male prostitute...

I'm out the door, author. In the real world. With other people; and where, after a fling, you leave them. Pretending all the while they left you, because it makes people cry. And buy. Oh that glass door! Ain't the world cruel...

I love you! Marry me!

Morrissey,

Oh go away you boring person.

Thanks so much for this great review. I'm so glad that it's not written in the TTY statement style, and that he's telling us a bit about his personal life. Might show he's much more at ease with himself than ever before.

The pictures are awful.

Morrissey,

It's me again.

Oh, be gentle with the man. Strong words for someone who just opened up his life for everyone to see?
Perhaps, he just needs to practice being nice (will hurt at first), watch a few more sunsets.... We need
him to compose a few more songs, so let's try to keep him in good spirits.

I
Morrissey,

Read this a few times, be kind to the man. Revealing one's thoughts is daunting.... he has had moments of kindness and his wit is off the charts :) doesn't that make up for some of that terrible two's? Bless

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom