Australia writes to Morrissey and Brigitte Bardot to defend plan to kill cats - The Guardian

Australia writes to Morrissey and Brigitte Bardot to defend plan to kill cats - The Guardian
Letter to singer, who called the plan ‘idiocy’ and actor, who said it was ‘animal genocide’, says feral cats have caused the extinction of 27 native species

Excerpt:

In letters seen by Guardian Australia, Andrews tells both: “I would like to commend you for your commitment to, and advocacy for, animals and their welfare.”

Andrews adds, however, that feral cats are an invasive species responsible for the extinction of at least 27 Australian mammals, such as the lesser bilby, desert bandicoot and large-eared hopping-mouse.

...“Trapping, neutering and releasing 20 million cats would not be justifiable in terms of cost,” he said. “Also, we’d be releasing a predator that will kill five animals a day for the rest of its life. It’s not justifiable. We can’t accept feral cats as part of the Australian ecology because if we do then we accept the extinction of bilbies, bandicoots and numbats.

“I sleep very well at night knowing what we are doing. Australians support this. Brigitte Bardot and Morrissey have a lack of understanding of Australia and what we are losing. They aren’t Australians, they aren’t experiencing the extinction crisis we have here.”

Also:

Australia defends cat cull to Morrissey and Brigitte Bardot - BBC News. Link posted by Tingle3 (original post).

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Perhaps Morrissey would prefer that all 20 million feral cats have bells fitted to their collars?

I can answer this one.
It's because some animal rights activists, like the two celebrity examples you named, are people with psychological issues who actually care about animals more than humans. If you're already a misanthrope then racism will come easily and effortlessly. The person already hates humanity, so why not tell evil lies about one particular racial or national segment of humanity? ("The Chinese are a sub species").
The fact is that Morrissey is a mentally unbalanced individual with psychological problems. Which is one of the reasons his fans find him so endearingly eccentric. But it is clear from his lyrics and quotes that this man thinks that animals are more important than humans, which perhaps some of you reading this will agree with. May I suggest that if this is honestly your worldview that you have arrived at this belief because of some unhealthy delusion that the majority of mankind is evil based on some sort of perceived rejection or hurt that the human race has carried out against you. Therefore you have chosen to believe that you alone and the animals you feel more comfortable being around (because they won't hurt you like a human can) are somehow morally superior and more important and valuable than the rest of the human race.
It is a deluded position of extreme narcissism, paranoia, bitterness, inner rage and solipsism, all of which sum the childish Morrissey up very nicely.

You begin by saying that this only apples to some animal rights activists and perhaps you only mean to refer to them. But I must add that to suggest that the only reason people care about a topic is because they're bigots is a common, easy way of ignoring horrible truths. It allows you to do nothing while feeling morally superior to those who do.

Not that there aren't some cranks amongst animal rights activists but you'll find cranks amongst every type of activist. People who are most hurt by the world will often be the ones who do most to change it, but it will change them, too. That doesn't mean that the core idea they support is wrong.

You don't think capitals are necessary? For the record, I didn't make out fine; I had to squint to see if you were too lazy to actually use periods. For awhile there I thought you actually planned on writing a whole paragraph with one run-on sentence.

No, she doesn't teach English. But she did try to make point which is near impossible to do when you come off as a imbecile. I find it ironic that a person posting on a forum devoted to an English songwriter, and whom herself lives in the U.K, can't even grasp the English language themselves. We look to the Internet, for the language we use, London is dead ...

I was not aware that apostrophes are emotionless. Thank you for that.

capital letters are an unnecessary bourgeois accessory that should well be dispensed with. you notice the period ending the sentence, letters and words that follow, then, is a new sentence.

you should write an open letter to morrissey himself the king of the run on sentence and the incomprehensible prose despite his use of perfect grammar.

For awhile there I thought you actually planned on writing a whole paragraph with one run-on sentence.

You're confusing them (him or her) with Morrissey.

Or perhaps he or she is Morrissey...

capital letters are an unnecessary bourgeois accessory that should well be dispensed with. you notice the period ending the sentence, letters and words that follow, then, is a new sentence.

you should write an open letter to morrissey himself the king of the run on sentence and the incomprehensible prose despite his use of perfect grammar.

my main point isnt a grammatical one really but rather one of necessity. it wasnt necessary to complain about her use of numbers and try to equate it to intelligence or the substance of the post and was only used to bully or to be cruel which is hard for me to sit and watch idly be it here or in person. i dont want to hide my eyes metaphorically speaking or ignore it for her sake and for those watching the scene who might feel dis encouraged by perhaps there own feelings of inadequacy regarding there own grammar. why would i want to be that person or act like thats acceptable behavior from anyone. if a person is intelligent and happens to be educated on top of that then shouldnt it be there prerogative to be gracious to those who arent. couldnt see any purpose in it other than to be pointlessly cruel

I can answer this one.
It's because some animal rights activists, like the two celebrity examples you named, are people with psychological issues who actually care about animals more than humans. If you're already a misanthrope then racism will come easily and effortlessly. The person already hates humanity, so why not tell evil lies about one particular racial or national segment of humanity? ("The Chinese are a sub species").
The fact is that Morrissey is a mentally unbalanced individual with psychological problems. Which is one of the reasons his fans find him so endearingly eccentric. But it is clear from his lyrics and quotes that this man thinks that animals are more important than humans, which perhaps some of you reading this will agree with. May I suggest that if this is honestly your worldview that you have arrived at this belief because of some unhealthy delusion that the majority of mankind is evil based on some sort of perceived rejection or hurt that the human race has carried out against you. Therefore you have chosen to believe that you alone and the animals you feel more comfortable being around (because they won't hurt you like a human can) are somehow morally superior and more important and valuable than the rest of the human race.
It is a deluded position of extreme narcissism, paranoia, bitterness, inner rage and solipsism, all of which sum the childish Morrissey up very nicely.

ummm i actually agree with this :thumb:

my main point isnt a grammatical one really but rather one of necessity. it wasnt necessary to complain about her use of numbers and try to equate it to intelligence or the substance of the post and was only used to bully or to be cruel which is hard for me to sit and watch idly be it here or in person. i dont want to hide my eyes metaphorically speaking or ignore it for her sake and for those watching the scene who might feel dis encouraged by perhaps there own feelings of inadequacy regarding there own grammar. why would i want to be that person or act like thats acceptable behavior from anyone. if a person is intelligent and happens to be educated on top of that then shouldnt it be there prerogative to be gracious to those who arent. couldnt see any purpose in it other than to be pointlessly cruel

using capital letters is a total pain the arse, same with apostrophes. doubles the time it takes to post and nobody is getting paid here.

I can answer this one.

...and your point is ?

cats are cute. Fact. They deserve to live way more than the desert bandicoot. What's one of them, anyway? Doesn't sound cute. Good riddance. The Australian government should clearly introduce a mandatory feral cat adoption programme for all its citizens. 20 million households to take in several cats each depending on how many rooms in their house. These will be fed on quorn cat food.

cats are cute. Fact. They deserve to live way more than the desert bandicoot. What's one of them, anyway? Doesn't sound cute. Good riddance. The Australian government should clearly introduce a mandatory feral cat adoption programme for all its citizens. 20 million households to take in several cats each depending on how many rooms in their house. These will be fed on quorn cat food.

big-eared-bandicoot.jpg

It's like a mouse with a bird beak. It's totally asking for it.

there are many places that have successfully fixed there feral cat problem without culling

And when have I EVER said that I was actually female? All ive said is that Im about the same age as kristeen, and I was then mistaken 4 her !
Awwww it was fun 4 a little while ChystalGeezer was almost convinced at one time lol :)

BBFN :) [/COLOR]

kinda off topic, buth both Bardot and moz have been accused several times of racism. Why does animal rights activist are always accused of these kinds of things? just curious

Quite posiibly because animals rights activists are wonderfull exstremly sensitive empathic human beings often leaving them open 2 attack from dark forces.

Last edited:
Their = Possessive adjective, i.e, "their own feelings, their prerogative"

I will ignore the supremely lazy grammar in regards the apostrophes and capitals and assume that you are the kind of person who is too lazy to wash their hands after using the restroom, as it takes too much effort.

I will admit the content of your posts hold little value anyways. Anyone who can't even bother to register a forum handle is either or a troll or a transient, likely both. Who knows which anonymous is commenting at any given moment. If you believed your opinions had any merit you would put a name behind them, not post anonymously.

Lastly, who says I was being cruel? Constructive criticism. If your opinion is an uneducated one in the first place then using emojii's and intenglish isn't going to make your point any more digestable. It just makes one look very young. Youth does not equate to stupidity, but rather naivety, which is forgivable. If she is indeed a nine year old girl, then I do apologize. But if by chance she is indeed a grown woman, then butchering the language the way she did seems rather remarkable considering she is judging the rationale of an entire nation, regarding an issue that effects them, and not her. If we left important decisions up to 'certain' people, then 'boyfriend' would be a national anthem somewhere, and Taylor Swift would be on the one dollar bill.

People once thought listening to bop music was silly and just kids and now there demo graphic is geriatrics. Go figure. You sound like either a very judgemental person with no redeeming qualities or just another troll very similar in sound to other previous troll. Either way we don't need to talk to one another.

To midnite, yeah I do that sometimes. If there's not at least a little red in my posts I go back and delete a word here or there or perhaps a letter or two. Helps to identify who's worth talking to imo

Their = Possessive adjective, i.e, "their own feelings, their prerogative"

I will ignore the supremely lazy grammar in regards the apostrophes and capitals and assume that you are the kind of person who is too lazy to wash their hands after using the restroom, as it takes too much effort.

I will admit the content of your posts hold little value anyways. Anyone who can't even bother to register a forum handle is either or a troll or a transient, likely both. Who knows which anonymous is commenting at any given moment. If you believed your opinions had any merit you would put a name behind them, not post anonymously.

Lastly, who says I was being cruel? Constructive criticism. If your opinion is an uneducated one in the first place then using emojii's and intenglish isn't going to make your point any more digestable. It just makes one look very young. Youth does not equate to stupidity, but rather naivety, which is forgivable. If she is indeed a nine year old girl, then I do apologize. But if by chance she is indeed a grown woman, then butchering the language the way she did seems rather remarkable considering she is judging the rationale of an entire nation, regarding an issue that effects them, and not her. If we left important decisions up to 'certain' people, then 'boyfriend' would be a national anthem somewhere, and Taylor Swift would be on the one dollar bill.

Anyone with the intelligence you believe you possess would have better things to do with their time than write long posts about another person's writing style.

INSTEAD OF KILLING THESE CATS, CATCH THEM AND TAME THEM. There are better options than death and I dont see the culling of the mass over population of humans, who are the most barbaric race to this earth. Did they ever consider giving the cats to elderly people and families so they dont spend hundreds on cats bred in horrid factories?

INSTEAD OF KILLING THESE CATS, CATCH THEM AND TAME THEM. There are better options than death and I dont see the culling of the mass over population of humans, who are the most barbaric race to this earth. Did they ever consider giving the cats to elderly people and families so they dont spend hundreds on cats bred in horrid factories?

You're an idiot.

did you ever get an animal from a shelter before? have you ever owned a cat? I'm sure you'd be ruined to know that most animals in those shelters are actually strays...no different from any cat you'll find with their name written down and ready to be put down, merely for social standards.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom