Australia Ticket Sales Update - TTY, 26 Sept 2012

Information From True-To-You Website

Ticket sales information
26 September 2012

Morrissey's concert at the Enmore Theater in Sydney has sold out on the first day of sales, with all 2,400 tickets gone. There are less than 100 tickets left for Morrissey's concert at Sydney Opera House, and 3,487 tickets sold on the first day for Morrissey's concert at Melbourne Festival Hall.

--
UPDATE 9/28:

Link posted by MORRIZSEY:

Revised ticket sales information, 27 September 2012, TTY

"According to an article posted today on the Altsounds website, in addition to Morrissey's concert at the Enmore Theatre in Sydney having sold out, Morrissey's concert at the Sydney Opera House has now also sold out, in just over 24 hours, and Morrissey's concerts in Wellington, Auckland, Brisbane, and Melbourne are all selling fast."

Last edited by a moderator:
He's not right.

Floor 2 tickets mean you will be on the back half of the dance floor behind a barricade. 2 different doors to 2 different parts of the floor. I saw Jane's Addiction there last year and that's how it was. It has nothing to do with how quick you are at buying tickets. I bought 8 tickets on 2 cards at zero seconds past sale time and I ended up with floor 2 tix. It's just the luck of the draw.

Thanks for the clarification - better to know now than experience dismay on the night. I suppose , at the end of it all , standing tickets 40-ish (?) metres from the man is nothing to grumble about , particularly after TEN years...

Thanks for the clarification - better to know now than experience dismay on the night. I suppose , at the end of it all , standing tickets 40-ish (?) metres from the man is nothing to grumble about , particularly after TEN years...

You're right. Mustn't grumble :)

Don't worry it's a great venue and the barrier isn't 40 meters back either. As far as I can remember it's more like 20 meters back. Apart from my Mozzer gigs, the Jane's Addiction gig was the best I have ever been to. Once you're there and Morrissey comes out you won't even notice, and because of the downhill angle of the floor the second half of of the floor is a great eyeline to see him strut his stuff!

You're right. Mustn't grumble :)

Don't worry it's a great venue and the barrier isn't 40 meters back either. As far as I can remember it's more like 20 meters back. Apart from my Mozzer gigs, the Jane's Addiction gig was the best I have ever been to. Once you're there and Morrissey comes out you won't even notice, and because of the downhill angle of the floor the second half of of the floor is a great eyeline to see him strut his stuff!

Appreciate the reassurance :thumb:

That's IF the tour goes ahead now :(
It shouldn't need to be said that if Morrissey postpones/cancels then the reason is pretty damn understandable this time. But my confidence in the tour going ahead is pretty shakey.

I really don't have high hopes for this happening anymore. I was planning on coming to Melbourne in January when flights were cheaper, but as soon as this tour was announced decided to bring my trip forward for a once in a lifetime experience of seeing him at the Opera House. With my tickets, flights, internal flights etc this has cost me well over £2000. I am personally praying for a speedy recovery for his mum but even if she is ok I am not hopeful of him making it over.

It shouldn't need to be said that if Morrissey postpones/cancels then the reason is pretty damn understandable this time. But my confidence in the tour going ahead is pretty shakey.

I agree , Pokey ; the Australian shows are now less than two months away. If I wanted to speculate into the void , I'd guess that that may not be sufficient time ...

Leaving aside ( obviously ) the actual reasons for the delay, it's almost viciously amusing to contemplate a second ( from a total of three in twenty years) Australian tour cancellation. Is our continent really that far away from everywhere else ?

Not really, heaps of international bands come here regularly, hell you can't get rid of Gomez, they basically tour twice a year (no joke). Moz is a special case.

I'd imagine no matter how things with his mum goes that it's a tough time for the family and they probably want him around in the lead up to Christmas you'd think, which is bad for us. Unlike the US though I can fully see him canceling the shows rather than postponing them.

Here's hope everything goes well on his end and ours

Not really, heaps of international bands come here regularly, hell you can't get rid of Gomez, they basically tour twice a year (no joke). Moz is a special case.

I'd imagine no matter how things with his mum goes that it's a tough time for the family and they probably want him around in the lead up to Christmas you'd think, which is bad for us. Unlike the US though I can fully see him canceling the shows rather than postponing them.

Here's hope everything goes well on his end and ours

One Moz - tour in twenty years and Gomez traipsing around twice annually ? Now I know God has a sense of humour ...

As you say, Pokey, hope all ends well for everyone concerned ...

One Moz - tour in twenty years and Gomez traipsing around twice annually ? Now I know God has a sense of humour ...

As you say, Pokey, hope all ends well for everyone concerned ...

Gomez and Ben Bloody Harper...they come to New Zealand all the time. People still go along and lap it all up 'cos it's a international touring artist.

It would be easier to re-start the postponed US gigs next year than the Australia and New Zealand gigs. It's the logistics. Morrissey was coming off the back of the US dates so it would have been easier to get all the band and gear down here and just piggy back on the US tour. Morrissey can come down under for our gigs but it would make less sense to travel so far for just five gigs, in-which neither of the New Zealand shows have sold out.

It'll depend upon his mother's health. The possible promotion of his auto-biography and the US shows, if they go ahead. All said we might get Moz February onwards?

Oh and it's 21 years since Morrissey played New Zealand. The Kill Uncle tour. Pretty much his entire career has been played out in those 21 years and we've never got to see him since 1991.

Gomez and Ben Bloody Harper...they come to New Zealand all the time. People still go along and lap it all up 'cos it's a international touring artist.

It would be easier to re-start the postponed US gigs next year than the Australia and New Zealand gigs. It's the logistics. Morrissey was coming off the back of the US dates so it would have been easier to get all the band and gear down here and just piggy back on the US tour. Morrissey can come down under for our gigs but it would make less sense to travel so far for just five gigs, in-which neither of the New Zealand shows have sold out.

It'll depend upon his mother's health. The possible promotion of his auto-biography and the US shows, if they go ahead. All said we might get Moz February onwards?

Oh and it's 21 years since Morrissey played New Zealand. The Kill Uncle tour. Pretty much his entire career has been played out in those 21 years and we've never got to see him since 1991.

I'd happily forgotten all about the pestilential scourge that is Ben " why-are-people-leaving-I've-only-been-playing-for-3hrs-so-far " Harper. Or am I confusing him with John Butler ? That whole "rootsy" ,"bluesy" , "stripped-back" , "soulful" ,"earthy" genre is one I'd like to see fall under a bus.

You say neither of the Kiwi shows have sold out ? Any ideas why ? How very odd ...

For some reason , I'd assumed Moz gave NZ a whirl during his 2002/03 tour. Twenty one years ! Remember - no one here will think any less of you , Librarian , if you want to have a good cry ...:D

Last edited:
The discourse about possible cancellations and his mother's health on this thread seems to be a lot more civil and reasonable than on the main thread. Let's keep it that way. Even if the OZ/NZ mini tour is cancelled I am optimistic the dates will be rescheduled.

- marred.

ps: Don't hassle my optimism. I'm rusty as I've only just started using it :)

Of course the tour won't go ahead........moved to Oz in Januuary, thought we'd never see Morrissey again, then we got front standing at Enmore and Row B at the Opera House after years of watching Morrissey in a pack in the middle of the crowd in the UK..........knew it was too good to be true ha ha!! That said much love to Moz and his mum:)

The discourse about possible cancellations and his mother's health on this thread seems to be a lot more civil and reasonable than on the main thread. Let's keep it that way. Even if the OZ/NZ mini tour is cancelled I am optimistic the dates will be rescheduled.

- marred.

I was going to post, but Marred read my mind. :)

Hope we hear something soon so I know what to do with hotels etc.

I know its hard..but..chins up peepholes!

- marred.

Maybe this just goes to prove the Yanks and Brits are spoiled, if they don't get their Morrissey tours every 2 years they have a whinge. Here, we expect the worst when it comes to Morrissey tours, so if this one gets canceled/postponed, it's what we're used to! Although maybe there is a breaking point, maybe we are the Melbourne/Richmond fans of the Morrissey world and one too many seasons of missing the finals will break us?!

As for the reason why, something like this is understandable and the communication has been clearly laid out - "this is the situation, this is what's happening, this is how we're going to try and fix it, stay tuned" ... if it's a day or two before the gig and suddenly "illness" pops up or "my band member has a bad back, sorry, no show for you" then I'd be a lot more pissed!

I'd happily forgotten all about the pestilential scourge that is Ben " why-are-people-leaving-I've-only-been-playing-for-3hrs-so-far " Harper. Or am I confusing him with John Butler ? That whole "rootsy" ,"bluesy" , "stripped-back" , "soulful" ,"earthy" genre is one I'd like to see fall under a bus.

You say neither of the Kiwi shows have sold out ? Any ideas why ? How very odd ...

For some reason , I'd assumed Moz gave NZ a whirl during his 2002/03 tour. Twenty one years ! Remember - no one here will think any less of you , Librarian , if you want to have a good cry ...:D

I think one of the reasons why the Auckland date has failed to sell out is that it is on the same day as "Day On The Green" where Simple Minds, Devo and The Church are performing. Why people want to go see these three bands is beyond me. If it was the Hoodoo Gurus I'd understand.

Vector Arena holds around 12,000. There simply isn't that many Morrissey fans in Auckland. I was expecting a few fans from Australia and further to travel here, but then tha's a extra flight and cost involved there.

Also after not touring for 21 years, your fan base starts to drain away. The northern hemisphere are lucky to have had Morrissey touring quite regularly. We've had more royal tours than international bands of quality playing down here.

I think one of the reasons why the Auckland date has failed to sell out is that it is on the same day as "Day On The Green" where Simple Minds, Devo and The Church are performing. Why people want to go see these three bands is beyond me. If it was the Hoodoo Gurus I'd understand.

Vector Arena holds around 12,000. There simply isn't that many Morrissey fans in Auckland. I was expecting a few fans from Australia and further to travel here, but then tha's a extra flight and cost involved there.

Also after not touring for 21 years, your fan base starts to drain away. The northern hemisphere are lucky to have had Morrissey touring quite regularly. We've had more royal tours than international bands of quality playing down here.

I expect that scheduling conflict does go some way to explaining the non-sell out. Simple Minds ? Where's the tut-tutting , head-shaking, emoticon when I need it ?

But 12 000 ? Seems a bit audacious to book a venue that size ...

Maybe this just goes to prove the Yanks and Brits are spoiled, if they don't get their Morrissey tours every 2 years they have a whinge. Here, we expect the worst when it comes to Morrissey tours, so if this one gets canceled/postponed, it's what we're used to! Although maybe there is a breaking point, maybe we are the Melbourne/Richmond fans of the Morrissey world and one too many seasons of missing the finals will break us?!

As for the reason why, something like this is understandable and the communication has been clearly laid out - "this is the situation, this is what's happening, this is how we're going to try and fix it, stay tuned" ... if it's a day or two before the gig and suddenly "illness" pops up or "my band member has a bad back, sorry, no show for you" then I'd be a lot more pissed!

Yes well let's just wait and see. We don't know any better than anyone else at this point. A tour has been announced, we have tickets, the tour has been temporarily postponed until further notice. Why not assume the tour is still happening? I know it's not a natural muscle movement for Morrissey fans to be positive but give it a go!

- marred.

I think that I have pretty much accepted that it is not going to happen, I am just hoping that they announce something soon so that I can maybe get som money back on internal flights and maybe change to a cheaper flight over in January.

I think there is still hope for us!

I feel like since they cancelled some of the US dates, and then the remainder, it might just be due to scheduling and it making more sense to do all the dates together next year.

If it was due to something more serious happening in regards to Morrissey's family issues I feel like the Australia tour would have been cancelled at the same time without any hesitation.

Yes well let's just wait and see. We don't know any better than anyone else at this point. A tour has been announced, we have tickets, the tour has been temporarily postponed until further notice. Why not assume the tour is still happening? I know it's not a natural muscle movement for Morrissey fans to be positive but give it a go!

- marred.

Oh I still am, I still am going on the "no news is good news" motto so far, maybe we will catch a lucky break .. but given our luck, you can't help but have those thoughts creep in :(

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom